Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:12:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Serpent People  (Read 2872 times)

Offline dreamingleopard

• Librarian
Looking for Serpent People
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:32:02 PM »
Outside of RAFM, Grenadier Call of Cthulhu & Nightmares, Dunwich Detectives (now at eM4), and Strange Aeons, what other serpentmen/snakemen/people are there out there that have FOUR legs and a tail, with a long neck and a serpent's head? 

I bought some great ones off eBay that were by Ral Partha (but not the 13-041 Serpent Men Heroes), but I can't find the reference number(s) anywhere for them. 

Troll Forged has its Quetzacot Sun God, but it's a bit too lizardlike in texture for me.

D&D Angelfire has its Ophidian, but again, it's too stocky, its neck being much too short.

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
Re: Looking for Serpent People
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 11:26:17 PM »
I have just bought the daggons made by Black Cat Bases (link).

They are more lizard-men than serpent-men, but I like them nonetheless.

For pure serpent-men... no idea other than the ones you've mentioned.
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline cdm

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 12:01:42 AM »
Have a look at the Qol from the Tekumel Projecy by Howard and see if they interest you. They've been previewd here on LAF awhile back.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=22902.0

Offline dreamingleopard

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 01:58:15 AM »
Have a look at the Qol from the Tekumel Projecy by Howard and see if they interest you. They've been previewd here on LAF awhile back.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=22902.0

Very interesting indeed... but again, four limbs.

The BCB daggons I did know about, but yes, too lizardlike.  Lizardmen and Naga-like "snakemen" are easy to find, but it seems four-legged snakemen with snake tails are not.

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:17:35 PM »
The ophidians by Rackham are the most beautifull snake men i ever laid eyes on (and bought severel copies of...) But unfortunately for you they dont have any legs...
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 12:26:58 PM »
Agreed Mo! The Ophidians are fantastic as Snakemen...a bit big, but you can't get them any nicer :-*
By the way Mo!, did I buy your Ophidians?

(and check out the Strange Aeons game in Amersfoort...wanna come?)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 03:36:41 PM »
Don't think so I did sell you the Dogs of War book iff my memory serves me well... I do have almost all Ohidians double (totally Obsessed with them when reading the ashes of wrath)... so I could sell you some gna gna...

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »
DreamingLeopard, are you familiar with the 'Lurpa' figures long out-of-production by Rafm?   They are perfect serpentmen of the type you seek, but some have a little costume problem which could be fixed with dremel.  The 'owner' figure for the Lurpa team I have used several times for a Serpent Man Sorcerer.  He is standing proudly wearing a huge bearskin coat and leaning on a cane.  I'll see if I can find a link to photos.

Chick

Edit:  WOW, they are still available from Rafm direct, a whole line of reptiliads which are effectively serpent people.  DreamingLeopard, you are so well tuned in to old minis that you must already be aware of these, but here is the link.  No picture of the 'owner/coach' pack, but trust me, that is a fine figure.  

http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAF&Category_Code=REP
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 03:26:59 PM by chicklewis »
"Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof."

Offline dreamingleopard

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 06:43:04 PM »
DreamingLeopard, are you familiar with the 'Lurpa' figures long out-of-production by Rafm?   They are perfect serpentmen of the type you seek, but some have a little costume problem which could be fixed with dremel.  The 'owner' figure for the Lurpa team I have used several times for a Serpent Man Sorcerer.  He is standing proudly wearing a huge bearskin coat and leaning on a cane.  I'll see if I can find a link to photos.

Chick

Edit:  WOW, they are still available from Rafm direct, a whole line of reptiliads which are effectively serpent people.  DreamingLeopard, you are so well tuned in to old minis that you must already be aware of these, but here is the link.  No picture of the 'owner/coach' pack, but trust me, that is a fine figure.  

http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAF&Category_Code=REP

Totally forgot about the Lurpas... thanks for reminding me!  It's always good to assume ignorance on a forum for the sakes of those (including me) who might need the info - so thanks for that link, too.  Now if I can get a handle on all the new minis... lol