Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:42:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Feedback Request  (Read 4749 times)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Re: Feedback Request
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 10:09:58 PM »
I've heard you, AKULA.  Salaam, shalom, peace, God be with you, my son.

that's the best Flame-Placation i've ever read lol lol lol

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 10:21:17 PM »
that's the best Flame-Placation i've ever read lol lol lol

"flame-placation"....?

lol

whatever.....

.....truly, I couldn't give a ratsarse if he wastes his money, or not.....I tried to offer some serious advice, but his focus upon the WF thing, and their forum, suggests that this thread is some sort of spill over from the slow motion car crash that is WF, and judging from the juvenile, and overly emotional posts on their little forum, the "poll" is probably just a reaction to WF going down the plughole, and the nasty chinese taking away all their dreams of that spure of 18th century skateboarding amazons being made....

Don't hold your breath, as by the looks of it, Ettricks new range will never see the light of day.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 11:21:10 PM »
I'll try to be a little less abrasive, but I've got to echo some of Akula's concerns.

The impression I'm getting is that the range is going to be essentially WW2 in space. This may not be actually be what you are going for, but it is the image I'm receiving. So before worrying about pricing and set composition, some concept art and/or some background fluff would be appreciated and will sell the idea (to me at least) a bit better. 

You've already essentially set a price for these figures that people will expect you to stick to. Should you have to revise your pricing then this will become a stick for people to beat you with. Asking whether people would prefer 10,20 or whatever no. you like and not presenting a price will still give you some idea of how to compose your packs, without this happening. I can appreciate that you might not have expected people to dig their heels in over a ballpark figure, but some will.

Likewise I have no opinion whatsoever about WF, but it is unprofessional to run down the competition, justified or not, in an open forum. Even the hint of something like that has ensured that I'll never buy figures from a certain manufacturer and I'm probably not alone in that view.

The poll is a good start for determining a possible level of interest, but it is pretty meaningless to me in view of the comments myself and others have expressed. I'm also feeling 'gimmicky' with the mention of extras in the last field, particularly as I know there is no such thing as a freebie. Everything you include in a pack, even down to the packaging, adds value to the set and hence cost - cost that will need to be included in the pack price for you to break even. 

I'm not going to comment on any other research or preparation you may or may not have made, you'll know yourself how much. Hopefully at least you'll be aware that initial set-up cost for plastic is more expensive than for metal and that because your product will sell for less, you'll have to move significantly more volume to break even. All of the companies currently engaged in plastics produce mass volume 'bread and butter' sets for a reason.

I do wish you luck though and maybe if you come back with something more than you have at present you'll gain a potential customer.
:)

Offline trynda1701

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 11:28:50 PM »
A quick question if I may, as I'm not up on all my initials. WF stands for...? Because I have no idea!
All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by...

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 11:30:46 PM »
WF - Wargames Factory  :)

Offline trynda1701

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 11:42:52 PM »
Ah, I see.

Just was confused as the OP mentioned WF at the start and everyone else did as well. Please be gentle with us members who are closeted ST and D&D players! ;) It's a big hobby! lol

Thanks for the answer, btw. :)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 11:49:56 PM »
Ah, I see.

Just was confused as the OP mentioned WF at the start and everyone else did as well. Please be gentle with us members who are closeted ST and D&D players! ;) It's a big hobby! lol

Thanks for the answer, btw. :)

You're welcome and I should know better as I tend to rant at work over abbreviation overkill.  lol