Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:32:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Strange Aeons FAQ  (Read 128969 times)

Offline GodzillaRabbit

• Lurker
Re: Strange Aeons FAQ
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 12:08:49 AM »
I'm fairly new to the game and am a little sticky on a few rules, first in regards to face down in base-to-base; is the face down model removed as a major injury as soon as they go face down or is it the start of a combat in which they are already face down? Also can face down models in combat be nominated to stand up between the combat rounds to make my second scenario feesable?

Another point that my friends and I had different opinions on was what was considered a " new situation" for resolve checks. Our example was a character rolling a check against a demonic hound due to hideous then having to roll mother hideous test later against a zombie, does he have to roll for both as they are different monsters or are they considered the same because it's the hideous rule both times?

And my final question for now is concerning last man standing if you fail that rule does the model just roll on the insanity table or are they removed from the table?

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 06:29:14 AM »
Any attack made against a Face Down model results in an automatic Major Injury, so it isn't automatic - a model has to declare a Charge Action to take out another model in this fashion.  The exception to this is the Close Combat fought at the beginning of a turn - this attack is "free", thus the Face Down model can be removed without taking an Action.  If I'm understanding your scenario correctly, a model has Charged on its first Action, lost the Close Combat round and been placed Face Down.  In that instance, you would be able to spend your second Action to Change State to Face Up, after which you'd immediately fight another round of Close Combat (at a -1 Att penalty).  Mike will correct me if I've interpreted this erroneously.

In terms of your Resolve check question, yes, the Zombie would constitute a "new situation" and trigger another test.  The poor agent has just come to terms with the existence of eldritch dogs - imagine his horror at turning and now finding himself set upon by the decaying undead!  Rough day at the office, that.

Failing a last man standing check results in an Insanity roll.  Just hope for Frenzy!

Offline GodzillaRabbit

• Lurker
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »
Awesome :D thanks for clearing all that up for me. I'll be putting my better understanding of the rules to good use tonight :) anyone in the Calgary area should come down to great white entertainment at southcenter on tusedays, they have a night just for SA

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 02:44:35 PM »
I'll be there.  8)

Offline GodzillaRabbit

• Lurker
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 11:53:37 PM »
Sweet :) my character died last Tuesday and I'm stoked to try out my new team leader and some of the new lurkers I painted up :D

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 09:25:48 AM »
This is a valuable source, thanks for the effort, Blackstone!
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 02:29:46 PM »
The FAQ will appear in Shocking Tales #2.  Always handy to have a copy around at the game table!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 06:33:21 AM »
Great! Just ordered a copy + an extra full set of books. Also downloaded VUK beta, read it on the train yesterday and this morning, and am thrilled. Soon time to paint some more Lurkers (and the forecast says rain from the middle of next week, so I might actually get off garden duty a couple of nights)!

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 03:58:31 AM »
Just giving this a bump to get it back on Page 1

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 10:56:02 AM »
Get Mike to sticky it?

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »
Get Mike to sticky it?

Ewww.  :)  Good idea though. Seriously.
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 03:57:41 AM »
Yes please. Sticky, sticky, sticky. o_o
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Kamiya

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 05:04:17 AM »
I can't seem to find the rules about "Trophies" in the books. Can someone please point me to where they can be found.

Also, this has been requested many times but Uncle Mike or some other moderator with the right authorities, can you please make this useful thread sticky?

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 05:15:33 AM »
I can't seem to find the rules about "Trophies" in the books. Can someone please point me to where they can be found.

p62 - "The Trophy Hunt" - this is the only reference in the rule book I can find at the moment, but there may be more.

Offline Kamiya

• Assistant
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 06:14:36 AM »
Thank you!
That made things a lot clearer about the trophies.

I have a second question about Quest Scenarios, in the main rulebook pg. 57 Game Sequence it says

under no circumstances may the same Quest be played twice in a row.

It is my English spooking now, just have to confirm that this means that I can play the same quest scenarios as many times as I want as long as they are not played in a row, right?