Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:03:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690581
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 660
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lots of new stuff painted for Strange Aeons!  (Read 8145 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Lots of new stuff painted for Strange Aeons!
« on: February 25, 2011, 09:23:06 PM »
Hey,

Tomorrow I'll be playing Strange Aeons at an event with some friends and I wanted to include some new stuff to play with. So I went crazy during the last week and painted the following (starting Sunday, so I'm a happy man!).

Lord Violator
"Near Arkham many people have been terrorized by the mysterious Cult of Malebolgia. Lead by the enigmatic Lord Violator, the Cult strives to bring the Dark God to Earth by sacrifice, evil rituals and general bloodshed. Unknown to most people, Violator is an ex-Threshold agent who was seduced by the darkness and turned rogue. With his innate knowledge of Threshold he has escaped their ambushes and raids so far. He hopes to take revenge on Threshold by bringing his newly found Lord to the world..."

(Heresy Miniatures Posing Vampire with a headswap. I had painted him red and the hood yellow and then suddenly it hit me...SPAWN!!! And with my forumname, that had to be done :D)

Wynn, Cult Archivist
"Bringing back a Dark God to Earth is no small feat. It requires many sacrifices and rituals which have to be executed by the letter. The Cult of Malebolgia has a large archive of dark tomes in their lair and Wynn is the keeper of the written works. He knows all books front to back and has the most arcane knowledge of all Cult members. Although he fears Lord Violator's wrath, he hopes he can remove Violator from the scene and take his position when the Dark Lord comes."

(Heresy Miniatures Dark Lord...cool sculpt. Nice and simple)

Twitch, Cult Herder
"The Cult of Malebolgia has bred many swarms of malignant and nasty creatures. Ranging from small, insignificant bugs to large Cthonian, the Cult uses these creatures to spearhead their advance into new territories. Twitch is their master and he leads them forward with his bone staff. Twitch was found in the gutter or Arkham by Violator and the Lord saw potential in the boy. He took the boy with him to his lair and told him he would raise the kid as his own if he would pledge his soul to Violator. The boy adored the Lord from sight and fell to his knees. Violator brought him a cup filled with the blood of all kinds of creatures mixed with the daemonic essence of Malebolgia. Twitch drank the cup and fell unconsciousness. When he awoke he saw he could communicate with the creatures bred by the Cult. This new power brought much power to Twitch...but also insanity. Talking to creatures who only possess animal intellect made Twitch slowly go mad. Now he talks to himself and his pets in strange languages and sounds as he walks the lands. Often, the only known words heard from him are "My life for you...Lord Violator". Although mentally unstable, he is a dangerous foe to meet. With his staff and pets, he can quickly overwhelm his opponents. Many of them died screaming as Twitch let his pets feast on the dying human."

(Heresy Miniatures Apprentice Mage...unconverted. Just painted his eyes green)

Wanda Blake, Threshold Agent
"Wanda was a happy housewife who led a nice and simple life in eastern America. This all came to an end when her husband All Simmons disappeared. Simmons was a Threshold agent who excelled at his work. He had found and taken out many cults and was considered a top agent by Threshold. Wanda saw he was slowly changing though. She saw he was having second thoughts about a raid, doubting orders to purge a Cult and she saw him becoming more and more weary. She told him many times to quit his job and retire. They had enough money and she wanted her husband back. But Al kept on going, getting more nervous by the day. Then one day he was gone and never came back. Threshold investigated his disappearance and closed the case after 6 months, claiming he was killed by a Cult. Wanda disbelieved them and knew her husband was still alive. She immediately applied for a job as Threshold Agent. As first she was denied as Threshold didn't think she would be a stable agent with her history. But Wanda hit them back in court, won and joined their ranks. She quickly gained fame because of her persistence and faith and grew to the rank of Agent. Now she fights in her team, trying to find clues about her husband, knowing she will find him back some day."

(UMW's Threshold Agent. Lovely model!)

Shambler

(Some monster by Reaper Miniatures. I used a lot of grass, moss and tufts on him to get that mossy look)

Night Gaunt

(Fantastic sculpt by RAFM. Kept the paintjob very simple as the description by Lovecraft is also very simple and straight forward)

Graves

(old plastic graves by GW I had in my bits box)

Fantastic Graves

(best grave markers EVER...by Tengu Models. Well cast and great to paint. Did the last one as if the stone fell over)

Statue

(dunno where it's from, bought it from Svenn)

Swarms & Queen

(D&D prepaints. Simply drybrushed the rats with 3 coats of brown colors and then based them...done!)

Fire Daemon

(D&D Prepaint. Based him and torched the grass around him with some black and brown ink)

Daemonic Hound

(D&D prepaint...nice weird beasty. Excellent as Tindalos Hound!)

So a lot of new stuff to use. We have a LOT of options tomorrow. I'll post the photos of the games on Sunday :)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline tobia henson

• Assistant
Re: Lots of new stuff painted for Strange Aeons!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:37:11 PM »
Simply...FANTASTIC STUFF!!!!!! :o ;D

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:40:44 PM »
Really great painting job there!! I love your work on the gravestones. Great!! :o :o

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »
GREAT LOOKING STUFF & FINE background fluff! They are all BEAUTIFULLY painted, but I especially like what you did with the Shambler; the sad puppy dog eyes on the Daemonic Hound are priceless. VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 10:32:21 PM »
Spawn is awesome!

I just love how much productivity you have when you set your mind to it.  That'd be months worth of painting for me!

Well done Mal!

The Shambler is my fave...

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 02:07:02 AM »
So great!  I love Twitch.  Great story line behind all of the characters.  Can't wait ti see the AAR.

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 02:48:24 AM »
Shambler is the business. I need to look more closely at Reaper.

Offline achab

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 07:37:41 AM »
Absolutely lovely!

A.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »
All very will painted will done.

Offline Nedo

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 06:49:08 PM »
Very nice paintings!!!!
I like so much the flowers on the graves....and upon the shambler.
My compliments......

The D&D prepainted has much monsters and creatures in lovecraftian look......search for Chaos Beast or Balannoth too.

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »
Amazing stuff and very inspiring!

Where did you get those nice flowers?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
Cheers guys!

Bought the white and purple ones from Battlefield Berlin, from the Mininatur line:
http://shop.battlefield-berlin.de/index.php/katalog/showarticles/81080-1-unbekannt.html

The red and yellow ones are from Fredericus Rex:
http://www.fredericus-rex.de/shop2010/Green-Line-scenery/Flowers/

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 09:23:19 PM »
Excellent work as always Mal! I'm jealous of your production capacity!
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
Really like the Spawn.  Great idea!

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 09:57:40 AM »
Really like the Spawn, me to!

Heresy Miniatures Posing Vampire with a headswap.
Who makes the head?

(UMW's Threshold Agent. Lovely model!)

what UMS is for?