Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:07:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Amulet of Fire at Trumpeter Salute 2011  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
The Amulet of Fire at Trumpeter Salute 2011
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:03:25 PM »
Just realized that I hadn't actually posted anything here about last weekend's excellent .45 Adventure 2nd Edition running of my Amulet of Fire scenario!

Three of us went over to Vancouver for Trumpeter Salute 2011; it's the largest local convention (at least on the Canadian side of the border) and always a highlight of the year. I ran a very well-received 45A game there last year and planned on doing it again this year - and with 2nd Edition out just as the convention ran, I had the perfect opportunity to show 2nd Edition to people too!

So I blew a weeks worth of painting time rebuilding 30 characters in 2nd Edition, schlepped a bunch of scenery overseas to Vancouver, and ran a game. I had eight people attempt to sign up for a six player session, which was a flattering start... we never got onto the mesa that made up Chapter Two of the Amulet game, but everyone ran around in the jungle of Chapter One, crashed trucks, skewered each other on swords, got shot up by Cultist Clown Car of Death, etc

Pulpish mayhem was had, in other words, and 2nd Edition allowed us to have more streamlined pulpish mayhem, even with 6 players (at least three of whom had never used 45A before) and too many figures on the table.

The jungle board for Chapter One, before the mayhem started:

Trumpeter Salute 2011: The Amulet of Fire I by WireLizard, on Flickr

A few turns into the game. The black truck full of cultists (dubbed the Cultist Clown Car by one player) lurches down the road, machine-gunning everyone they can see. In the centre, the Red Air Pirate's zeppelin boarding ladder is visible, with pirates around the base of it. In the foreground, the brown crashed truck was used by the White Russians, who learned that a full-speed charge down a hill and into a 90 degree turn at the bottom was NOT really a good idea...

Trumpeter Salute 2011: The Amulet of Fire III by WireLizard, on Flickr

I've got some more thoughts and photos over The Warbard, and the whole photo set can be viewed over on Flickr.

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Re: The Amulet of Fire at Trumpeter Salute 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 01:43:51 AM »
OH, it was a good game! Thanks for bringing bringing it out for us to enjoy WL.
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!