Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:53:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691057
  • Total Topics: 118367
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Napoleonic Wargames Society SLAUGHTERLOO game  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Rabbitz

• Mad Scientist
    • Unit57
Napoleonic Wargames Society SLAUGHTERLOO game
« on: February 27, 2011, 11:15:36 AM »
Hi all,

So today was the NWS's open day and in true form I took along something slightly different to the norm....  Slaughterloo.

With The forces of Albion on one side and a Ferach and Allies force on the other the 10' x 5'  table was set for battle.  (each force was smallish for us as we had a couple of budding new C in Cs taking the reigns.)

The Ferach Right Flank

Ferach Allies take up position on the Left Flank

Albions Left Flank

Albions Right Flank

Both Armies advance towards each other

Dog Hussars taking up a leading position and screening the advance of the heavy Artillery.

With the gap closing the Dogs unlimber heavy guns

Orc Heavy Cavalry miss judge their charge, allowing the Hussars to fall back revealing some very close and very large artillery.

Unnoticed by the Dog commander, three units of Albion line advance under cover of the small woods.

Its at about that time that all hell breaks loose.  The lines have closed enough that deadly volley after deadly volley can rain upon both sides,  The speed of the Ferach allows them to catch the forces of Albion of guard, routing a unit of Cavalry and seeing off both horse artillery on the Orcs left flank.
The Toadorini panic and for some unknown reason form a square.  The Albion Left flan retaliates to the elf advance and decimates a unit of Elf Guards and Elf Line.  In return the Orc Light infantry is broken. and the Albion line starts to fold back on itself.

Integrity is non negotiable

My little blog

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Offline thejammedgatling

• Mad Scientist
Re: Napoleonic Wargames Society SLAUGHTERLOO game
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:51:24 PM »
And a very good game it was too..thanks very much. It was all starting to go downhill for Albion (the British are Orcs in this) by the time we had to pack up, but great fun for all.
So when will you unleash your 600 Russians on the battlefield?

Thinking we need a bigger battlefield..

Offline Rabbitz

• Mad Scientist
    • Unit57
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 03:46:28 AM »

Cheers Lev,

It was fun to get the figures out again.
Although it did look like it was in the bag for the Ferach we really didn't have much left.   With our right flank consisting of a half strength unit of guards, 2 horse artillery a unit of Line that was also down to half strength, a unit of elf militia and a disordered unit of light infantry and remaining half unit of disordered heavy cavalry.   facing off against 2 untouched units of Orc line and two half strength units of orc line.

Our left flank consisted of 2 disordered units of Hussars, one of those decimated. 
 heavy guns, 2 units of toad militia and 1 and a half units of Dog line against 2 units of untouched orc line and a half strength unit of Orc grenadiers

I doubt very much that the Ferach forces would have been able to keep up the momentum.   We were just lucky to have the right cards just at the point we needed them causing us to rout or destroy both units of Orc heavy Cavalry and all the Orc Artillery.

Moving on
I was thinking we could do a 'Witchlands' style campaign game with my Undead and the Orcs on the same side (not necessarily cooperating with each other though)  facing off against my Ferach and Allies Hordes, I have pretty much a whole Division of Toad militia to throw into battle.   Possibly a 3 or 4 division a side game?  Possibly slightly smaller points costed divisions?  Just a thought.

Reckon we go for a 12' x 6' table though and play across the width.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:54:54 AM by Rabbitz »

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 12:07:41 PM »
Ohm Nom!

Excellent to see again, especially in a hardcore Nappie society!!!

I'd love to see your Undead out on Parade!  :)