Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:09:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: World Works Games Terraclips  (Read 4473 times)

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
World Works Games Terraclips
« on: February 27, 2011, 04:54:41 PM »
I think this is a very good and fast way to have a game table, I´m thinking about buying the city and the sewers to play Strange Aeons. The pdf files are very useful too. If you don't have much time to make 3D scenery stuff I think they are very good solutions.

Scroll down in this link and you will see the Terraclips items. http://www.worldworksgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8554

Regards.

Offline Gabriel

• Student
Re: World Works Games Terraclips
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:27:23 AM »
I think this is a very good and fast way to have a game table, I´m thinking about buying the city and the sewers to play Strange Aeons. The pdf files are very useful too. If you don't have much time to make 3D scenery stuff I think they are very good solutions.

Scroll down in this link and you will see the Terraclips items. http://www.worldworksgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8554

Regards.

The Worldworks stuff is great. I've gotten the Platform Command for use as necromunda terrain, and while you can make modular "regular" terrain it's a lot of work and takes a lot of solid planning. I think WW stuff is great for getting a table up and running fast.

If you're like me and don't really have good colour-capable printer the price I've gotten at a copy-shop for WW-models on 100 sheets of cardboard has been around €80-90. In case anyone was wondering.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 01:41:42 AM »
Yeah, I've been watching this product for some time.  Hopefully, it's sooner than later.

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 11:17:12 AM »
The Worldworks stuff is great. I've gotten the Platform Command for use as necromunda terrain, and while you can make modular "regular" terrain it's a lot of work and takes a lot of solid planning. I think WW stuff is great for getting a table up and running fast.

If you're like me and don't really have good colour-capable printer the price I've gotten at a copy-shop for WW-models on 100 sheets of cardboard has been around €80-90. In case anyone was wondering.

Yes, It's expensive if you have to print all the gametable, but Terraclips are finished products in a box and they will cost about £30/£35.

WWG says in their website:

WorldWorksGames and Wyrd Miniatures are proud to present TerraClips.TERRACLIPS QUICK FACTS:

* Yes this is a tangible "in-store" product intended for direct distribution. No special skills or tools required other than a desire to play.

* Components are created from 1.5mm thick, die-cut gameboard card with a high quality pre-printed satin finish. Snap-out the items from the frame and get building. No cutting of any kind required. 16 10"X14" component frames are included with each product.

* TerraClips connectors are transparent plastic connectors which anchor all core elements together. You'll receive 1 free clip package with each individual terrain purchase. Connector packs contain 40 T-Clips, 40 L-Clips & 40 I-Clips.

WYRTC103 - 3D Sewers of Malifaux - $49
Sewers of Malifaux is capable of creating a playing area nearly 2.5' X 2' or depending on the layout can be stacked up to towering heights!

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 03:51:12 PM »
Given all the production problems that they have had, I think that it is rather pointless to speculate about Terraclips until they have an actual finished product to sell. While I appreciate that the delay that they experienced on the initial launch was a result of a quality-control problem on the part of their overseas manufacturing partner, and I respect their decision not to release a sub-par product, they seem to have been stalled at the same point in the production process for a long time now.
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »
Any plans to make the manor in this type of box set?

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »
Mmm, I've had my eye on them for a while too.

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 09:24:18 PM »
Any plans to make the manor in this type of box set?

I don't know, they have said that they need to see the success of this three first sets before make more box sets but that they have a lot of potential nexts products, bigger boxes and smaller boxes with furniture and similar stuff.

I see a lot of game possibilities with those kits.

Regards.