Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone tried Ruination?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Anyone tried Ruination?
« on: February 28, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »
Don't know much about it really... General Roos tipped me off about it a few months ago but I haven't really looked into it yet. Buckets of dice and a proprietary setting is putting me off. I hate when business logic seeps into the presentation layer. =(

Can be found here:
http://www.terragnosis.co.uk/ruination_store.shtml
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
Re: Anyone tried Ruination?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 03:46:49 PM »
One would think that business logic would dictate having painted examples of your figure line to help sell the game instead of the rather murky and indistinct photos that they provide. Also, it is pointless to have extensive and thorough playtesting if you can't describe what makes the game unique and interesting in a few simple sentences...  ::)
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 04:15:06 PM »
I like the way they don`t have any price (that I can find) on their online store for the rules; seems you have 'to add to cart' to figure out the price  ::)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
One would think that business logic would dictate having painted examples of your figure line to help sell the game instead of the rather murky and indistinct photos that they provide. Also, it is pointless to have extensive and thorough playtesting if you can't describe what makes the game unique and interesting in a few simple sentences...  ::)
I looked at the free faction books available... the game looks pretty fiddly with lots of exceptions and additions and hidden arithmetics. "Oh, your sorcerer has one magic attack for every five spell force points... but that's not in the stats line, but on page 13 of the rules."

There are some nice pics of the minis painted up in the books, but unfortunately they are the same pics and minis in the same environments over and over.

Would be interesting to hear from someone who've played the rules!