Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:27:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

What packs would be best?

One Pack: An officer and four firing and loading sailors.
Two packs: An officer by herself; and a pack of five mixed firing and loading sailors.
Three packs: An officer by herself; a pack of five different loading and preparing sailors; and a unit builder pack of six firing sailors, in the same pose.  
Three packs: An officer by herself; a pack of five different loading and firing sailors; and a unit builder pack of at-attention sailors (rifles by their sides), in the same pose.

Author Topic: Hinterland Sailors Poll  (Read 9848 times)

Offline Laflin and Rand

• Scientist
    • Curses from the Workbench
Re: Hinterland Sailors Poll
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 02:09:05 AM »
I voted too but could really use some gun crew figures both for field gun and machine gun. I need crews for my VSF Walkers.  Perhaps a figure firing a maxim (hands together) or a crank fired MG such as a Nordenfeldt/Gatling.  A figure directing fire, with binos or a spyglass.

So would I. I have one of Copplestone's Nordenfelts but no crew. This would be perfect.

Offline Scout_II

• Bookworm
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 02:39:42 AM »
Generally, I prefer my minis to be advancing/skirmishing... as they do on the table.  :D

In that case - can we get an option for them to be dropping their kit and fleeing in terror?

So would I. I have one of Copplestone's Nordenfelts but no crew. This would be perfect.

Remember too though, while it is important to see stuff that would be really neat...it is also important that Jason makes a huge pile of money too (or at least doesn't loose too much  ;) ).  Most people will buy many more of the unit builder types than they will buy of the weapon crew types (though with sailors...it might be a bit different).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:47:09 AM by Scout_II »

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 04:11:27 AM »
I love your theme an I especially would suggest sailor hat with ribbons.

Love your work,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »
I love your theme an I especially would suggest sailor hat with ribbons.

Love your work,

Helen

I second Helen's idea!

Jenny Seagrove from the movie, Nate and Hayes or if you're not a USA'n, Savage Islands. Was the first thing that popped to mind when I saw "Hinterland Sailors."

Lovely! I would like one (or two), too. {Forget the jokes, I mean in 28mm scale, since in 1:1 scale, if I would suggest anything my other half would ....)

And finally  I would prefer the normal sailor hat (what's its name)
Fotr those loving the pith helmet I would remind you some earlier post of me with some images of helmeted  ladies pith-lemets or spiked helmets.
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=7741.msg86409#msg86409

and for slouch hat lovers: what about them?

http://www.altearmee.de/frauen/aerztinnen.jpg

argsilverson

Offline Laflin and Rand

• Scientist
    • Curses from the Workbench
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2011, 04:51:44 PM »
Remember too though, while it is important to see stuff that would be really neat...it is also important that Jason makes a huge pile of money too (or at least doesn't loose too much  ;) ).  Most people will buy many more of the unit builder types than they will buy of the weapon crew types (though with sailors...it might be a bit different).

One can dream.  :` I'd also very much like to see some opponents for our Teutonic Amazons. Maybe some ladies in zouave pants, greatcoats and kepis like out of an illustration by Albert Robida.

As for the sailors, I'd like to see them in the traditional sailor hats with ribbons. It would make them very versatile. You could use them for any nation, for colonial or European service, on ship or off. On the other hand, pith helmets would make them extra unique miniatures and would look great.

Offline Kelvin

• Schoolboy
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2011, 07:03:41 PM »
I agree with Laflin and Rand. I'd like to see the sailors in a round hat with ribbons, worn, perhaps, with a sailor blouse and bloomers - the height of ladies' athletic fashion around the turn of the century.

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 05:20:20 AM »
I thiink the French sailor hat with the pompom on top would make them just that much more feminine.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +109

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 03:57:09 PM »
I've pretty much decided on the universal round sailor hat with ribbons.  However, the officers will have Pith helmets.  A pom-pom would be an easy enough addition, but you'll have to do it yourself with green stuff.  :)

Offline Tommy20

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 04:06:18 PM »
You must be better with green stuff than I am!

Oh, THAT kind of pom-pom...
-Tommy

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
That's a great picture, Tommy.  I'm keeping it.  I assume it's that enlarged naval maxim?

former user

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »
don't know if I might be coming too late to the polling party, here is my 50 cts

there are a lot of sailors around
I like the Perry and Copplestone naval brigades for the sculpting, but not for the postures.
On the other hand, I do like the Pulp sailors for their variety and character, but they are not in uniform.
The Brigade Games merchant sailors are something inbetween, but the sculpts are a bit unispred.

I would strongly opt for 1 pack of Officers/NCO, 1 Pack of sailors with rifles in different postures (but not shooting, sailors are not for firing lines) and 1 pack of sailors in postures without weapons.
preferrably exchangable heads and additional weapons as well as some MG, pompons and other deck guns

I would think that this  version covers the most with the least effort/costs

Offline Tommy20

• Scientist
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 07:29:02 PM »
That's a great picture, Tommy.  I'm keeping it.  I assume it's that enlarged naval maxim?

That's the one.  I pulled the image from Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QF_1_pounder_pom-pom

By the way, I picked up a bunch of your figures at Little Wars.  I had been waiting for the mounted pack, but when I saw them sitting there, the little hussies just kept saying "take me home"!

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 08:04:19 PM »
By the way, I picked up a bunch of your figures at Little Wars.  I had been waiting for the mounted pack, but when I saw them sitting there, the little hussies just kept saying "take me home"!

I'm glad.   :)  It's always nice not to have to pay postage (although I like to think my postage is pretty darn cheap).

Offline Kelvin

• Schoolboy
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2011, 02:56:40 AM »
Whatever poses you decide to do I can see them now, defending the Legation against the attacks of the Dowager Empress, or rescuing Nellie Bly from the clutches of the Pirate Queen and the lovely but wayward crew of the Siren (orphans every one)...

How about one figure mopping the deck?

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2011, 10:51:38 AM »
BTW...

What kinda hat are you planning for the officer  ???