Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:47:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pirate Adventure... A new house enters the stage.. ehh the habour Pics inside :)  (Read 28412 times)

Offline Evanion

• Assistant
Re: Pirate Adventure... the beginning and a nice weekend with the gang
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 02:01:24 PM »
hmm .. I was hoping that galland had posted the pics from last weekend by now.
Creativity is the face of your soul!

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 03:26:08 PM »
hmm .. I was hoping that galland had posted the pics from last weekend by now.

Not sure what to make of this post. It sounds like I have stolen Evanions candy or something.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 04:08:05 PM »
We have made some progress, but not much to actually take photos of. Some stuff to show whats going on at the moment...

A rough layout of what the habour will be like...

Some work inside one of the buildings...

Das Kapital... I know I would have some use for it one day! The whole appartment is becoming a workshop!

A pirate girl in 1/4 scale...

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 01:36:03 AM »
Galland, very nice project! The ship, boat, and building are looking good.

Is your pirate adventure set in Europe, the Carribean, or elsewhere?  Are you aiming to do a British, Dutch, Swedish, or Danish town first?

If your group gets around to doing a Spanish style town, there is a line of buildings sold by Brigade Games in the USA that look pretty good:

http://www.brigadegames.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BGAHSL&Category_Code=BGHT

There is a nice Spanish wall set from Kobblestone, though it's pretty expensive.

For elements of your campaign, the GURPS Swashbuckler book has a lot of good stuff, regardless of whatever rules you are using.  The Savage Worlds Pirates of the Carribean book also has some good elements for a campaign, regardless of whichever rules you are using.  Both those books are worth the money, I think.

Another potentially good tool for a pirate campaign is the new boardgame Merchants & Marauders from Z-Man Games.  It has a nice map, nice little plastic ships, and some excellent mission and rumor cards.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:38:07 AM by warrenbruhn »
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 02:57:33 PM »
Heya

Our first idea was to make a spanish looking caribbean style island port town. However, most of the guys in our gaming group are in to Mordheim, and hence the style we will go for is a bit more adopted to the warhammerish lore and style of buildings. In the warhammer world Tortuga, or its lore and style rather, is made in to an island called Sartosa.
We will opt for a island habour town, with a very Hollywoodian style and flair, and without any sort of consern for what will be historicaly correct. We will gladly and happily mix european 16-17th century style buildings with the carribean style, depending on mood and taste that particulary day.
I have done some research, perhaps not enough to justify a magister in carribean arcitectural history, but adequate for our little pirate project, and so far, I have realized that most of the buildings of the period, especially the earlier one, are very european in their style, but adopted to the local availability of materials. Even though, one must keep in mind, that quite a lot of stuff was imported. Prefab as well as raw materials. Something that is also true to the european market during this time period.
When it comes to the nationality of a specific town in the carribean, they have behaved a bit differently than the mainland counterparts in Europa. Most of them have changed hands so many times, that its hard to actually give them a national description. Some of them where even built by criminals and pirates. The building styles have been mixed without consern for estethic or national rules, all in the name of diversity and personal taste. Just the way we want it, hehe.
As I have said before, we will primarely be using the following rules: Legends of the High Seas, Cutlass!, Mordheim and if we get hold of them, a privatly made rules set from one of our members of these boards. We will also take a look at Gloire and the supplement Under the black Flag.
Inspiration comes from many sources....

In the end I think we will be using Mordheim (with its Sartosa addon, available on the net), Cutlass! or Legends of the High Seas, but... we will make our own campaing rules, since the existing ones are not what we want or are looking for. I think that we will take a month this summer and do some sketching.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:03:16 PM by Galland »

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 03:27:02 PM »
A great selection of reference material. ;D Where did you get the maps, particularly the one in the top right hand corner?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 03:58:24 PM »
A great selection of reference material. ;D Where did you get the maps, particularly the one in the top right hand corner?

Hehe, we all collect stuff that interest us, and for me its WWII, Star Wars, Pirates and Landsknechte. I also have a very soft spot for Tintin.

Hmm the map comes from a game I think, its made by a person named Stephen Walsh, and it might come from Run Out The Guns rpg.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 04:41:08 PM »

We will tell you at SLAM, should you chose to coome. ;)

Oh, schute, Galland beat me to it  :-[
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:32:18 PM by Hammers »

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2011, 04:48:39 PM »
Sonny, your cute daughter, is she spoken for? The reason I ask is because I plan to breed pedigree wargaming grand children and your daughter seems to be at about the same age as Can O'Beer, the littlest Hammers.  :)

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2011, 06:10:37 PM »
Hmm spoken for... it depends, well, I could trade her for a some of your cool sailor minis I suppose. We will be needing them for a future project.

Offline LB

• Lurker
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »
Oi me old mate, how about some pics of the new stuff we built :)
"Oderint, dum metuant"

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 10:50:09 PM »
 :o :o :o

LB! Woah... online, on a forum!

Tis a sign me hearties... from da gods!

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2011, 01:09:02 PM »
Finaly, the first part of our pirate table is ready for the layout of the housing and such, and will be painted and also receive some basic ground work.

It needs one more layer of paint, a layer of varnish and will then be ready for drybrushwork, detailing and the adding of the housing and other things that will be permanently added to the layout.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:19:58 PM by Galland »

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 03:00:47 PM »
Really nice Galland, can't wait to see it finished!

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »
Things are coming along great I see  :)