Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:16:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 516
Total: 522

Recent

Author Topic: Pirate Adventure... A new house enters the stage.. ehh the habour Pics inside :)  (Read 28411 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
That's a fantastic building, I want one! :o 8)

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thank you ladies and gentlemen, your comments are much welcome. Any kind of critique and helpful tips are also welcome, we are still in a learning process here.

The compass floor was made by scribling to 3mm depron, then airbrushed black and painted in a mix with blue/black, khaki and some sort of red (I cant remember wich one). Drybrushed with various grey colours.

The only thing that are not scratchbuilt are: 3 x Goblin Shields, 1 x Warhammer Empire Shield and 2 x embossed windows (wich I am not sure why we used, but they are there).

We made a desition to exclude the GW building (and all other bought model houses, no matter how beutiful they are), since it didnt go along very well with the scratchbuilt stuff. Its better to strive for a uniform consistency, as far as we are conserned at least, to achive some sort of esthetic appeal.
We will use all the Tabletop-World and other bought houses on our next project, wich will be a warhammer village, and on that table use primarely scratchbuilt city walls and other stuff, but once again try to keep the buildings in the same style.

Our next house is the tavern/light brigade workhouse :-P
It will be built in almost the same style, continuing to use improved style for scribling and cutting walls. We will also incorporate some other techniques that we have picked up and are trying out, especially for wood planking and such. I hope that the next house will be equally appreciated! :)

We got dragged in to a contest in the Stockholm Games Workshop, while we where visiting to show off the house to one of the emplyees that we know, and since they had that contest going, their manager thought that we should enter it, despite there not being a category for houses. He simply decided it was a "diorama" hehe. We came in second place, despite the house not even being finished at the time :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:13:18 AM by Galland »
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
I had missed this thread previously.  What a treat for the eyes!  The scratch-built buildings in particular are beautifully done.  Thanks for sharing, G!

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
My favourite building of what you've shown so far. I need a 'syförening' of my own.

Hehe, well the "Syförening" is really only two people at the moment. However, I am sure more will join the colours later on again. Actually, today and the rest of the weekend we are having BBQ and building again, you are more than welcome! :)

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Wow! I'm another person that's just came to this thread. My brothers doing something similar. It's nice to see someone elses approach.

Good work. Keep it up!

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hehe, well welcome aboard then! :D

I hope that we will be able to actually have some updates tonight, maybe show some pics of the table and the newest addition to it, the whorehouse.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
You have of course noticed the new Tabletop World house?

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
@ Hammers

Yes, and its ordered :)

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
everything is amazing but the Pilot's House is out of this world!

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
is it too late to mould it?

Offline Evanion

• Assistant
Yea, the pilot house is not something that we will be able to make a cast of.
But we have started to work with casting smaller stuff, and I hope that we will be able to make some great resin houses in the future.
Creativity is the face of your soul!

Offline Kalle

• Bookworm
Wow! Who is your sculptor?
"Bazinga, punk! Now we're even!" Dr. Sheldon Cooper PhD

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
Awesome Thread!  :o

I am really stunned of your Terrain!

Offline Evanion

• Assistant
Wow! Who is your sculptor?

that would be the guy in the cap in one of the pictures early on in the thread. His work is First class!

Nice to see that Galland's and Kalle's hard work have inspired other people to create stunning structures: other thread.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:21:25 AM by Evanion »

Offline Evanion

• Assistant
The table is now complete, and up for public viewing at SLAM this weekend.

/reporting live from SLAM in Stockholm!