Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689608
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zombies by G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. - free download  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
Zombies by G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. - free download
« on: March 22, 2011, 12:15:52 AM »
RPGNow have a free download of Zombies by G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. by the authors of G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T.

Get it here (you need to register on the site to be able to download):

http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?free=1&filters=0_0_0_0
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
Re: Zombies by G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. - free download
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »
Cheers Dave.  :)
Don't!

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 02:10:21 PM »
Yes, I was going to post this but you were far too quick - by about 8 hours lol

Not really into gaming Zombies as such at the moment, but it looks good and might be useful for other similar alien creatures.

Offline surdu

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »
Yes, I was going to post this but you were far too quick - by about 8 hours lol

Not really into gaming Zombies as such at the moment, but it looks good and might be useful for other similar alien creatures.

To be honest, I'm not really into zombies either.  This was a "flash club project."  Everyone bought one or two packs of zombies form Wargames Factory and painted them up.  I already had all the "good guys" we'd need in my Pulp collection.  We've had a lot of fun with the zombie games.  I'm sure to an outsider our conversations about whether zombies should be easy to stun and hard to kill or easy to kill would have appeared humorous.  Like the day I listened to two guys' animated, 30-minute conversation about the white stars on US tanks in WWII.

This download does not stand alone.  You need GASLIGHT to use this free supplement.  TBCBG is recommended. 

The "black hawk down" scenario was among the most fun we've had on club night in months. 

Let me know what you think after you've had a chance to try them out.

Buck

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 10:33:45 AM »
  I'm sure to an outsider our conversations about whether zombies should be easy to stun and hard to kill or easy to kill would have appeared humorous.  Like the day I listened to two guys' animated, 30-minute conversation about the white stars on US tanks in WWII.

lol

This download does not stand alone.  You need GASLIGHT to use this free supplement.  TBCBG is recommended. 

The "black hawk down" scenario was among the most fun we've had on club night in months. 

Let me know what you think after you've had a chance to try them out.

Buck

I'll do my best to get a quick solo playtest game played. I'll have to use some sort of proxies for the Zs but no matter. I love the whole Zombie genre, but it's just the large number of them you need for a really atmospheric game that puts me off. I'd love to game "The Walking Dead" at some stage though.

I'll try and get it done asap.

Cheers,
Ian

Offline surdu

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 12:14:32 PM »
lol

I'll do my best to get a quick solo playtest game played. I'll have to use some sort of proxies for the Zs but no matter. I love the whole Zombie genre, but it's just the large number of them you need for a really atmospheric game that puts me off. I'd love to game "The Walking Dead" at some stage though.

I'll try and get it done asap.

Cheers,
Ian

Ian:

The large number of zombies needed was what put us off for a long time as well.  This became a "flash" club project, with each member of my gaming group buying one or two packs of the Wargames Factory zombies.  We were able to put 200+ zombies on the table in just a couple of weeks. 

You may need to adjust the Save numbers of your zombies to meet your vision of the genre.  We intentionally made them hard to kill (about 25% per hit) but easy to stun  (about 75%).  We still have lots of dead zombies, but they take that shotgun blast and often keep coming. 

Let us know you you like them.

Buck