Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:30:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689794
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: mary ure miniature  (Read 8571 times)

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
mary ure miniature
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 12:29:42 PM »
Quote from: "majorsmith"
i really like the look of the game, i htink i will buy it when i can, also i think i will buy some wargames foundry figures for it as they have some suitable guard type figures which look 100% better than the warmacre figures. thanks for the info!

The game seems good. But maybe with Hindsight I would have downloaded the rules for both hour of glory and bunker storm with the relevant card sets and then bought separate miniatures.

Foundry minis are good but if you want action figs I really like Bolt Action and Artizan.

Also Darksun designs do some really good weird war stuff.

Dodge

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
mary ure miniature
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 06:36:31 PM »
'Come in, Danny Boy...'

Might I suggest you'll be needing a few of these too for the full 'Where Eagles Dare' scenario?

http://www.brigadegames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BG-EEP020&Category_Code=BGHMEE&Product_Count=2

http://www.brigadegames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BG-EEP021&Category_Code=BGHMEE&Product_Count=3

I'm not into WWII really, but these are sooooo tasty that I'm sorely tempted...

In fact, I've made up my mind - I'm going to give in  :mrgreen:

Now where did I put my ice pick...?  :wink:

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
mary ure miniature
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »
they would make great figures for smith and schaffer those gebergsjager, the only thing is their jackets are wrong for smith and schaeffer they were wearing an experimental camo jacket i think, like this
http://www.extremeoutdoorclothing.com/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
mary ure miniature
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 08:34:19 AM »
I got home from work on saturday night and turned onto channel 5 and there was the film. I always enjoying seeing it, such a cool 1960's movie, They don't make em like they used to :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
mary ure miniature
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 09:17:03 AM »
I watched "Where Eagles Dare" on Saturday, too and noticed something interesting. The Character of Mary, played by Mary Ure, has a mole by her eye.

The other main female character, Heidi, played by Ingrid Pitt is the one with a mole on her cheek.  Major Smith has given Mary Ure Ingrid Pitt's mole!  :)

This of course in no way detracts from a beautifully-painted figure. I'm just pointing this out purely for the sake of being a smart-arse!  :wink:
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
mary ure miniature
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 12:47:50 PM »
[/quote]I watched "Where Eagles Dare" on Saturday, too and noticed something interesting. The Character of Mary, played by Mary Ure, has a mole by her eye.

The other main female character, Heidi, played by Ingrid Pitt is the one with a mole on her cheek. Major Smith has given Mary Ure Ingrid Pitt's mole! Smile

This of course in no way detracts from a beautifully-painted figure. I'm just pointing this out purely for the sake of being a smart-arse! Wink

damn it! thought her mole was on her cheek! will have to change that now.... thanks plynkes!

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
mary ure miniature
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 01:29:08 PM »
I just had a look on the web and can't find a clear pic of the Mary Ure mole, they all seem to be from the wrong angle for a good view..

But check this out:

The blue arrow is the position I remember it to be in. On the edge of the hard bony part between the eyelid and the eyebrow (don't know if that has a name).

But the dark spot pointed out by the red arrow looks suspiciously like it may be the mole in question. So either I'm misremembering or that photo has been reversed at some point. Anyway, that's where it is, you'll have to decide which side it goes on.

Also, a pic of Ingrid Pitt, clearly showing her to be the one with the mole on her cheek:

Hope that helps.   :)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
mary ure miniature
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 01:31:44 PM »
Ahh the mole, I remember seeing Mary Ure's mole, but have difficulty in remembering where Ingrid Pitts is. All I remember of her is the ample cleavage she stuffed into that alpine barmaid's outift :D

Offline SirAlban

• Librarian
mary ure miniature
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 01:32:41 PM »
looks really great!

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
mary ure miniature
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 01:34:01 PM »
I'll wager you're a big Ingrid Pitt fan, Malamute, going by all those cheesy vampire movies she was in!  :)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
mary ure miniature
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 01:43:01 PM »
Quote from: "Plynkes"
I'll wager you're a big Ingrid Pitt fan, Malamute, going by all those cheesy vampire movies she was in!  :)

You are spot on there :)  She was a Hammer film regular, Her acting was certainly enhanced by her assets and those films gave her plenty of opportunity to show them to their best effect  :D

However stricly for the record my absolute favourite from the 1970s cheesy films has to be Caroline Munroe  :love:  :love:  :love:

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
mary ure miniature
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 03:37:27 PM »
princess dracula was a good film for female exposure as i seem to recall...

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
mary ure miniature
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 03:39:15 PM »
i cant belive mary ure committed suicide! was it being married to robert shaw that pushed her over the edge???

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
mary ure miniature
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007, 05:37:01 PM »
Quote from: "majorsmith"
i cant belive mary ure committed suicide! was it being married to robert shaw that pushed her over the edge???

I never knew that, thats very sad, :cry:

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: mary ure miniature
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 11:21:14 AM »
It's interesting looking back at old posts, I had no idea. 

I remember hating the film because of the way it made the Germans look so stupid, with no common sense and a -10 modifier to shoot at allied troops. .........and the helicopter!
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'