Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:01:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686506
  • Total Topics: 118106
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

?

The Nightmare Legion (Pil)
15mm Earth Sectorial Army, Ma.K Heavy Infantry (Fire Broadside!)

Author Topic: ROUND 3 The Nightmare Legion vs 15mm Earth Sectorial Army, Ma.K Heavy Infantry  (Read 9446 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
?

Offline Andy0476

• Scientist
    • Creepy Corridor
This is a tough one to call. I really like the painting on both, but always had a soft spot for dead and creepy things ...
25-28mm Pulp / 40K / Babylon 5 : ACTA / Full Thrust / Boardgames / 28mm WWII / Mordheim

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Yep - a tough call indeed!

Nice work Pil on those skellies though!

Love the contrast between the orange terrain and the green armour too!

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
I had to go with the Skellies in the end but that's beautiful small-scale work, Broadside.
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Broadside, top painting and great photo! Pil, awesome skellies! Tough round, indeed.
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Fire Broadside!

• Librarian
  • Spaceships, Robots and Beastmen!
    • Fire Broadside!
Thanks everyone! This is a good match I think.

I quite liked painting these guys. I went with green to match my UNSC marines, but I think I might try some kind of beige/terracotta camo on the next batch. I've got 20 more to paint.  :D
Follow my (mostly) gaming related ramblings at Fire Broadside!

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
15mm Mars vs really nicely done undead... sheesh. Where's that coin, time to flip it again!

I've been doing a slow-burn 15mm Martian project for... close to a decade now. One of these years I shall complete it!

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
I went with green to match my UNSC marines

So they are GZG?

Offline Fire Broadside!

• Librarian
    • Fire Broadside!
So they are GZG?

My marines, yes. These guys, no. They're a newish line from Blue Moon Manufacturing. They're really nice sculpts and all ten are actually different. Pretty cool!

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
Thanks for the link.

Blue Moon keeps surprising...

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Very nice painting on the power suits Broadside, well done! Are the bases 20mm round? There seems to be some paint on the side of the bases still or is it an illusion? I love your photograph too!

Thanks to everyone who voted or commented on my second Nightmare legion, I took some pics of my (by now) 66 strong legion which I will post after this round is done 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Frank

• LPL Champion (S5,S8) Bronze Medalist (S6)
  • Mad Scientist
    • My TableTop Blog
Both a really nice painted and fantastic photos!

Offline Fire Broadside!

• Librarian
    • Fire Broadside!
Very nice painting on the power suits Broadside, well done! Are the bases 20mm round? There seems to be some paint on the side of the bases still or is it an illusion? I love your photograph too!

Thanks Pil! They're 20mm bases indeed, got a whole bag of them from em4. I noticed the paint shades just when I had torn down all the photo stuff and didn't really have the time to set it all up again. Basically, when I touched up the base to cover some red smudges I didn't cover the whole edge. You can't really see it with the naked eye, but the camera is an merciless bastard!  >:(
Well, it's something to think about next time.

Your legion is looking great! I especially like all the rust and that you use it liberaly. :D

EDIT: I take it by your comment that you're using the LPL as an opportunity to make an army Pil. Same here, and it's working great!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:53:02 AM by Fire Broadside! »

Offline valleyboy

• Mad Scientist
    • Valleyboy's Wargames
Both are excellent and difficult to separate so I thought about a coin as well

I hadn't appreciated the quality of the rust on the skellies until I just had my second look & there's clearly and awful lot of talent gone into those 15mm figs as well

Well done both
I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. - Winston Churchill

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Thanks Pil! They're 20mm bases indeed, got a whole bag of them from em4. I noticed the paint shades just when I had torn down all the photo stuff and didn't really have the time to set it all up again. Basically, when I touched up the base to cover some red smudges I didn't cover the whole edge. You can't really see it with the naked eye, but the camera is an merciless bastard!  >:(
Well, it's something to think about next time.

Your legion is looking great! I especially like all the rust and that you use it liberaly. :D

EDIT: I take it by your comment that you're using the LPL as an opportunity to make an army Pil. Same here, and it's working great!

I figured the bases would be a matter of one black over another black, it doesn't detract from your photograph though, they still look very good, especially for 15mm models 8)

The army I am building is already there, here are some pictures of it:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=25017.0

I am using the LPL to add to it though, and since I had a tournament (2000 points Warhammer Fantasy Battle) last weekend I had to paint up some more units to be able to field the army I wanted. I will enter a different unit I painted for the tournament (and the LPL) in round 4. I find the LPL to be v ery useful for building armies though sometimes a bit of repetitiveness in the type of entries kicks in. So for round 5 I'm doing something different and after that it's probably back to my undead 8)