Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:32:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686536
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Votes  (Read 12601 times)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Votes
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 11:54:42 AM »

I asked the same question in the last LPL… or was it the one before that? Anyhow, sometime people won’t vote if either one of the entries do not “float their boat”

I do vote in every rounds myself. I think Andym pretty much explain why I find it to be a basic courtesy…
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 12:11:19 PM »
I think it would be a more basic courtesy not to try and impose your views about how one should vote on others. Yet year in, year out we get threads where exactly this happens. There's always something in the voting behaviour that folks complain about not being fair. It's only the 'something' that changes.

Sometimes both entries are so good I cannot and do not wish to choose between them. Sometimes I don't like either entry.  Given that it is my vote and my choice, rather than that of the self-appointed Courtesy and Fairness Committee, I don't see why I should have to vote for something I don't like, or for one excellent entry over another that I like equally.

Just concern yourselves with your own votes, okay? Because mine are none of your damn business.  :)
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 12:46:41 PM »
Sometimes both entries are so good I cannot and do not wish to choose between them. Sometimes I don't like either entry.  Given that it is my vote and my choice, rather than that of the self-appointed Courtesy and Fairness Committee, I don't see why I should have to vote for something I don't like, or for one excellent entry over another that I like equally.

Just concern yourselves with your own votes, okay? Because mine are none of your damn business.  :)

Ignoring the part about the committee stuff( a wee bit over the top by the way!)maybe next year you could introduce a 'Vote for Both' button. Maybe that would reflect more what people think of the entries. If you think both entries are good, vote for both! If you think both entries are guff, don't vote. Your way doesn't give the people you like the credit they deserve or their proper place on the leader board.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 12:53:02 PM »
Ignoring the part about the committee stuff( a wee bit over the top by the way!)maybe next year you could introduce a 'Vote for Both' button. Maybe that would reflect more what people think of the entries. If you think both entries are good, vote for both! If you think both entries are guff, don't vote. Your way doesn't give the people you like the credit they deserve or their proper place on the leader board.

There is no such a thing as 'a proper place on the leader board'.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 12:58:41 PM »
The idea is not without merit, but I'm sure the top drawer entries can get by fine without the extra votes of a few ditherers like myself.  :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:01:21 PM by Plynkes »

Offline Rufus T. Firefly

• Bookworm
  • Begone, and never darken my towels again!
    • The Weirding Module (blog)
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »
Goodness me, what venom from such a small issue! :P

Se la vi!
\\\"Oh dear,\\\" said God, \\\"I hadn\\\'t thought of that,\\\" and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 10:18:27 PM »
Don't be mean!  ::)
I make a point of voting on all of the matches, and find it rather odd that people choose not to.

It's not my intention to be mean but come on. Had all women died I could see why such a distracton might be needed, otherwise no. I vote on just about every thread, but on draws I don't- how else might I decide a draw?

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 12:57:27 PM »
i vote in every entry (at least, from what I know of) ... it take maybe 30minutes, then Im through ... in addition I viewed some great miniatures .. that is worth 30mins.  :-*
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.

Offline Parriah

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 04:14:40 PM »
Don't be mean!  ::)

I make a point of voting on all of the matches, and find it rather odd that people choose not to.

I vote on all that I do not call a tie, I and at least one other voter have called for a tie/both button. I understand why there isn't one tho. :? I usually post to the thread that I have abstained too. ;)
Quality has a quantity of its own
FIAWOL!
Br549

Offline Bobbo

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 04:25:29 PM »
If I can't decide which one to vote for, I ask my wife.  She's pretty opinionated and can always choose one way or another.

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »
i vote in every entry (at least, from what I know of) ... it take maybe 30minutes, then Im through ... in addition I viewed some great miniatures .. that is worth 30mins.  :-*

I agree (and vote in all pairs) - however it is down to personal choice, if you can't decide for some reason then not voting is your valid choice!

Offline Nighthawk

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 06:11:27 PM »
I don't know what the problem is. It only takes a few seconds to vote. The contestants have put a lot of work into these models. The least that we the voters can do is take a moment of our time to look at all the entries and show support. No I don't have a ton of spare time. But at lease I can take a couple of moments of that time and show my support. Why can't others?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »
Lads, voting on whatever is a quite personal matter. Please leave it to everyone to decide for themselves vote or not. Thank you. Topic locked.