Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689633
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Resident Evil game for OZLAM  (Read 7539 times)

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
Resident Evil game for OZLAM
« on: March 27, 2011, 04:05:56 AM »
To me, one of the most memorable enemies from the Resident Evil series are the Cephalo, or those weird damn tentacle-headed SOBs. There is a great scene in Resident Evil 4 where Leon headshots what he thinks is just another Ganado, then a bladed, writhing tentacle bursts out of the guy's neck and turns him from a mook to a monster that takes a lot of bullets to put down. The Cephalo (which my brother dubbed Headcases) returned in RE5, deadlier than ever. I really liked the 'Zombies in the Third World' theme of RE5, making for a different sort of zombie apocalypse than your usual American urban escape.

The Cephalo. After a certain point in the game there is a chance that almost any Majini could be one of these in disguise. Extremely vulnerable to bright lights, they nonetheless take a lot of punishment before they die, and their lashing blades can kill you instantly if you are low on health.

My Cephalo. Greenstuff tentacles and plasticard blades on Wargames Factory Zombies (finally found a use for them). With their slight frames and torn clothing they look just like the grubby, shoeless villagers in the game.
I'm thinking that on a natural roll of six to hit the Majini you just shot turns out to be a Cephalo, and I switch the models over. They then gain a huge increase to their wounds/hitpoints, but can be instantly killed by flashbangs/flares etc. I hope to have roughly ten to a dozen on hand to quickly substitute into mobs of rioting Majini.
The final goal is to have a rag-tag, urban African town infested with fast zombies, Majini and other bioweapons for elite teams of marines, soldiers and special characters to survive. I was planning on using FUBAR rules, but now that I have started adding campaign elements and special rules/abilities, I am pondering the switch to Flying Lead.
Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:19:53 AM by Lawful Evil »

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Cephalo! A.k.a Headcases
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 09:13:21 AM »
Never played the RE series, but I'm loving what you've done with these. Should be great when painted.

The pic from the game made me LOL whan I saw the flip-flops. Somehow I can never take them seriously  lol

Offline inkwell

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 04:25:07 PM »
 :o excellent!!

Offline Axtklinge

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
Thats a great job!
 :o

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:27:37 PM »
I dig em!!

The Wargames Factory Zeds aren't useful for much, but you've found a perfect place for them!

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
Resident Evil game for OZLAM
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 07:46:13 AM »
The Biohazard Resident Evil game I've been working on here and there over the last four years is slated to make it's inaugural run at the upcoming OZLAM meet-up. Furt suggested those running a game start showing off their progress to generate a bit of anticipation. I'll break out the camera on the weekend for the boards and minis, but for now here are some examples of the enemy cards I cooked up.

An item

And a weapon
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:55:49 AM by Lawful Evil »

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: Resident Evil game for OZLAM
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 11:55:15 AM »
Poo-yah! That looks exciting! 8)

Cheers
Matt.

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 05:54:02 AM »

I'll need more than four Cephalo for OZLAM, but that's ok, I've got dozens of sprues of those WGF zombies and miles of greenstuff.

An example of a layout for the Biohazard boards. Each one is a 1 ft square piece of MDF on a lasercut frame from Back 2 Base-ix

http://www.back2base-ix.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=104

They can of course be rotated to create dozens of combinations, and that's just within the 4' x 3' configuration. You can just as easily make longer, thinner boards to create very long, narrow play spaces for tense evacs or timed games.

I've got twelve boards left, I wanted to use them for a different game in the future but I think this board needs height, so I'm looking to assemble some two story buildings the Agents can use to their advantage (Zack don't climb). I believe most of the twelve will end up being recruited to add to the edge of the current board.

First batch of zombies. They might not look like much but they become much more formidable in the enclosed spaces and narrow corridors of the Kijuju shanty towns. The zombies are Victory Force metal zombies bought back when they were doing those crazy cheap deals, I think I got two lots of fifty zeds for $50 each.

http://www.victoryforce.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=VFM&Product_Code=033002&Category_Code=creatures

Apparently they don't ship outside the US anymore  :'(

A few Studio Miniatures plastics are in there too.
The bases aren't done, I need to sort out what colour the ground of the board will be so I can match it.

"It's OK, there's only a few of them. We got this."

"Uh, Command? We are formally requesting back up...like, five minutes ago."

I've play tested this little system a bunch of times and it's very lethal. Don't expect to get all your guys out alive. Agents will be a mixture of TAG SWAT, Eureka modern Germans and Americans and maybe Foundry mercs and SWAT, if I can get past the height difference.

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 07:24:24 AM »
OOh darn thats looking good!!

lol  the commentary on those marines, lol lol lol

For the bases go outback ochre red/yellow :D I am :D :D ... suitable for mars and Africa too ;)

Nice shantys!!!!!!!!!  :-*  :-*

Cheers
Matt

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »
Nice conversions and the cards look the business too.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 09:40:39 AM »
I've never been big on the RE series, but hot diggity is that a great setup you've got going! Those corners are sure to cause high tension when I run out of ammo. Doesn't matter if there isn't a rule about running out of ammo, I'll still find a way. Bertrand can verify that.

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 10:03:57 AM »
It's true, haha, Vladimir is constantly out of ammo or jammed.

You better start stretching Vlad, to outrun all those zombies!

Cheers
Matt.

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 12:23:24 PM »
Doesn't matter if there isn't a rule about running out of ammo, I'll still find a way.

It's one of the core gameplay mechanics  lol
Every Agent starts with limited charges of Ammo, when they fail an ammo roll they have emptied their current magazine and must spend an action reloading, should they have enough ammo. It gets pretty tense when you're trying to manoeuvre your Agents in to cover another who is reloading, only for them to run out of ammo too. Then its down to combat knives, pistol whipping and butt-stroking. 
Extra ammo can be found by searching the boxes and crates found throughout the game space, just like the real RE games.

Thanks for the kind words, guys, it's all very encouraging  :)

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 10:48:25 PM »
Missed this thread some how, but up to speed now!  :-*

This looks great - my type of game!! Well done LE - looking forward to pissing my pants with this one.

Nice cards too.

Those Cephalos freak me out!!  :o
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 12:31:54 PM »
Then it's down to combat knives, pistol whipping and butt-stroking. 

:o