Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:44:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (Aeneas)
Ah, with ever anxious heart, the blossoms are falling... (Thantsants)

Author Topic: ROUND 4 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vs Ah, with ever anxious heart, the blossoms are falling.  (Read 5044 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
?

Offline Fire Broadside!

• Librarian
  • Spaceships, Robots and Beastmen!
    • Fire Broadside!
I might be biased since I've lived in Japan for five years, but I simply can't resist that sakura scene. Beautiful! :-*
Follow my (mostly) gaming related ramblings at Fire Broadside!

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
The post apocalyptic figures are very nice and bleak, but Thantsants, I think this is your best entry in the league so far! And it isn't even classic citadel (or is it?). Great scenery, lovely painting and most importantly: a great diorama!
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
I don't want to be overly critcial of such a lovely piece, (and I did vote for it) but isn't that Japanese piece a diaroma. I thought it had to be five models or more, or am I mistaken in my understading of the rules?

Top work by the way- the blossom is beautiful, as are the minis- The paddy field is perfect too.

Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Thanks Rob - certainly hope I haven't transgressed the rules or the spirit of the competition at all, as it is indeed a diorama I made as a pressie for the wife a while back - I'm assuming not as nothing was mentioned when I submitted my entry. ???

In all honesty it was a rather last minute decision to use it as I had to rejig my teams due to an order I put in for the African round running two weeks late and as a result of that and time constraints me not having a freshly painted team for this round!

I was focussing more on the minis I had placed on the diorama as being the team with the scenery doing the job of a backdrop and hadn't really thought about it being a diorama.

Just trawled through the somewhat epic rules thread and I can't remember seeing anything about having to have 5 minis separately based - my sincere apologies if this is indeed against the spirit of the competition.

Perhaps one of the mods could clear this up as I would hate to be the cause of any upset.

Thanks all, by the way, for all the great comments - oh and nicely gritty Apoc figs Aeneas!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
At least 5 figures or models is the only requirement. Doesn't matter how they're based or presented together, so no problem there :)

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
Good good - that's a relief!  :)

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
I am glad, because I think it is a very cool entry. I bet your wife was made up with it.

good luck

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
Cheers Rob - it was well received - she certainly doesn't take as dim a view of my little lead men now in any case!  lol

Glad the scenery looks vaguely Japanese Broadside!

Oh and Pil - not citadel this time but they are Perry Bros so there is a connection still I believe!  ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:38:20 AM by Thantsants »

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
A bit of poetry in miniatures there, Thasants. A bit unusual for LAF which id generally about wargamig, but one can't deny talent when one sees it, can one

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Just trawled through the somewhat epic rules thread and I can't remember seeing anything about having to have 5 minis separately based - my sincere apologies if this is indeed against the spirit of the competition.

It was actually somewhat discussed in the rules thread here:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=25905.msg320200#msg320200

Incidentally, I really do appreciate that the Warmaster Chaos entry this round has five bases worth of figures 8)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Still great, Thants! Nice diversion from your usual fantasy nonsense. ;) :) ;D
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
Think my eyes had glazed over by then Pil!  lol That Warmaster entry is indeed tops!

Hammers - as Plutarch once said, Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks...

- just thought I'd do something a bit different with the old lead soldiers, and gain a few brownie points with the wife while I was at it!  ;)

Cheers Phreedh - more nonsense next week so don't worry!  :D

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
Stalkers getting my vote, mainly due to the fact that I instantly liked them, but also, even though the asian themed diorama is very beutiful, its a diorama, and I would prefere the individual miniatures based as wargaming miniatures and not as part of the scenery.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar