Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:05:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New miniatures venture  (Read 3459 times)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
New miniatures venture
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:26:59 PM »
 Here is a link to a new miniatures venture.

http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com/

The range is just small so far but has some very nice pieces to start off with.There are two Paul Muller sculpts along with some nice Matt Gubser Dwarves.

Offline clam

• Scientist
    • Clamshells and Sea Horses
Re: New miniatures venture
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 08:40:29 PM »
Certainly some interesting sculpts in there, for sure - but pictures is letting them down a bit.

Have you got any of these yourself, yet? Would really like to see those Muller ones up close :)

Any plans helping Joshua distribute these in the UK? Could save me from some expensive adventures - when shopping in the US  ::)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 09:30:40 PM »
 I have all of the initial releases.Paul v2 from Frothers has them to paint up for me.They are really cool sculpts.The Paul Muller ones will be of much interest to you Clam.The mutant one has three head options.

No plans to bring them over myself as of yet.I am sure Joshua could help-out on the postage situation though.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 09:34:38 PM »
Unfortunately Clam is right about the pics. The miniatures look good (from what I can see) but the pics are small. For example, I was looking at the dwarf sculpts and the pics were just miniature. I don`t have a problem with pics of painted minis but I think that companies should also put up a pic of the unpainted mini as well.

The minis look good, I just wish they had better pics of their minis
Damien

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »
 I think the pictures are an easy fix.

You can see one of the Dwarf Tunnel fighter greens on this link.The Dwarf sculpts are by Matt Gubser.

http://www.kerlin.de/chronopia/index_galerie_005.php

I have let Joshua know that I have posted on herre and I hope he comes along to answer a few of the things brought up.

The miniatures are great Damien.New pictures will show this.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 11:42:07 PM »
You know great miniatures, so I believe you (there are a few minis on your site that I have been eye balling, just need to save up some $).

Cheers
Damien

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 02:13:16 AM »
Interesting but I am working to reduce my Dwarves down to around 400 compatible figures.  And stylistically (suspect too large in size also, don't know,) they don't fit with Der Kriegspieler and Ral Partha IMO.

Good luck with these figures, they should be popular if the others are as good looking.

Gracias,

Glenn

Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 08:36:30 AM »
 The Dwarf sculpts were originally for use in the Chronopia game.Good to finally see them released.

One thing Thom and Joshua are doing are stats for other miniatures lines to be used in the Chronopia and Warzone world settings.They have added some of the Heresy miniatures for use in the Chronopia game.This is a great way to expand the game and help promote other miniatures companies too.

Conquistidor you maybe right about the size differance compared to Ral Partha miniatures.

Here is a link to the Warzone and Chronopia forums.Thom has been good enough to give my little venture a space along with Alex Bates Forge of Ice too.

http://forum54.oli.us/

Offline clam

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 10:01:09 AM »
Okay, just thought you where into pluging the miniatures a bit in the UK. And US postages (tax, Duty and fees) cools my interest for shopping outside the EC.

- but would be interesting seeing Josh here - and tell us a little bit out their project.

And thanks for pointing out where to find Alex. Think I need that Terror Bird of his :)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 10:14:59 AM »
 The Terror bird is a great piece.I have three of them to use for Chronopia.

I also like to pimp new miniatures as it is really hard to get moving in this game.The postage from the US is okay it is the customs charges that suck.

Offline clam

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 10:42:05 AM »
For me it's a postal fee of nearly £20 on anything above aprox $20 (125 DKK) and 25% Value added tax. Had to something like £40 (tax and fees) for getting a $100 AUS package. That's a hobby killer (but in this case the BeDerken's were well worth it :))

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »
Aw, shucks, Andy.  Thanks for the love!

I'm thrilled to see these dwarves finally in production - and I can't wait to see what else Joshua comes up with!

-Alex

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 04:39:59 PM »
Hey guys.  I'm on Lead Adventure now!!  Thanks for looking at our little venture.  We do ship to anywhere in the world, not just the U.S.!!

The pics are terrible, to be honest.   o_o  That will be remedied in time.  I also have to post some scale pics next to the mini-measuring-stick from missminiatures. 

I'm on frothers, the FoD, the Reaper forums, the old Excelsior forums, and now the Cauldron Born forums, so I'm spread a little thin, but happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks again for your support, and look for Forge of Ice and Four A miniatures discussion on www.forum54.oli.us

Cheers,

Joshua

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 04:48:07 PM »
 Nice to see you made it over Joshua.

One question,when is the next release  ;D.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 05:15:47 PM »
Hi Joshua, welcome to the forum and great minis, I have quite a few Chronopia dwarves, perhaps I'll add some of yours to the mix. I vistit the Chronopia/Warzone forum quite often, I'll look for your new releases there.

Cheers
Damien