Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:58:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 729
Total: 735

Recent

Author Topic: The Mussey-la-Ville Road  (Read 5427 times)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
The Mussey-la-Ville Road
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 10:37:12 AM »
Poly, inspirational as always. When are we going to see the adventures of Lawrence? 8)
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
The Mussey-la-Ville Road
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 10:44:42 AM »
Well, he's on the painting table and under-coated. There's just the small matter of some Arabs and Turks for him to play with. I have a few unpainted Turks, but as yet no Arabs.

I think a bit of regular warfare in Palestine will be happening before the Arab revolt sees the light of day on my table.

But finishing off my Western Front stuff, and then a bit more Ostafrika has priority first (but some of the Afrika stuff, like the Indians, will go to Palestine too, so it's all in a good cause). It will be a while, I'm afraid.

Lawrence jumped the queue because it was a character fig that I just wanted to paint, and also it would seem rude to leave him languishing on a shelf after you so kindly sent him to me.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
The Mussey-la-Ville Road
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 11:06:54 AM »
Quote from: "Plynkes"
Well, he's on the painting table and under-coated. There's just the small matter of some Arabs and Turks for him to play with. I have a few unpainted Turks, but as yet no Arabs.

I think a bit of regular warfare in Palestine will be happening before the Arab revolt sees the light of day on my table.

But finishing off my Western Front stuff, and then a bit more Ostafrika has priority first (but some of the Afrika stuff, like the Indians, will go to Palestine too, so it's all in a good cause). It will be a while, I'm afraid.

Lawrence jumped the queue because it was a character fig that I just wanted to paint, and also it would seem rude to leave him languishing on a shelf after you so kindly sent him to me.

Hi Poly, thats sounds great and especially the other projects. Hopefully we may see the Indian Character pack from Brigade Games comeout sometime soon. Oh, and everything else on the short list that Mike Owen is designing for Lon.

When I'm settle in my new house I'll send a photo of the Brigade Games Arabs I converted.

Best of luck :)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
The Mussey-la-Ville Road
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 11:10:01 AM »
I wonder if there's Belgian (Force Publique) command in the pipeline? I seem to recall Lon mentioning that what seems like years ago, but it never surfaced.

And yes, Indian officers and NCOs are a must. They never seem to be a great priority in most ranges.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
The Mussey-la-Ville Road
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 11:27:33 AM »
Quote from: "Plynkes"
I wonder if there's Belgian (Force Publique) command in the pipeline? I seem to recall Lon mentioning that what seems like years ago, but it never surfaced.

And yes, Indian officers and NCOs are a must. They never seem to be a great priority in most ranges.

Your right Poly, they should be on the short list too.

I'll chat to Lon about this :)

The Indian character pack is alittle different from the command pack. I suggested a bugler, medic, Jemedar with arm in sling and pistol and grenadier which I believe is being designed. Which is good and much needed for the Indians.

Cheers Poly :)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
The Mussey-la-Ville Road
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 11:31:15 AM »
Excellent, those ideas sound great. I'd buy a pack with those types in it.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
The Mussey-la-Ville Road
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 07:02:02 AM »
Was really busy last days but finally managed to read both reports. Nice ones! Love that Pickelhaube, was it that one german ebay auction? The fog machine is a blast, the GW bases on the poor sheeps are a shame, you should rebase them :) Also I'm missing Grimm. Apart from that, great read as usual, thank you!

Now you could start "a mini a day" project... :wink:

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
The Mussey-la-Ville Road
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 09:32:29 AM »
The young fellow would never speak to me again if I rebased those sheep! He's Games Workshop mad, that kid!  :)  But not enough so that he won't play other things, which is good.

I could start a mini-a-day project, except I seem to be coming down with the flu, and don't feel like it right now (excuses, excuses). Will get on to it soon, I promise, sir!

And worry not, Matrose Grimm shall return! Maybe one day he will even make it to Matrosengefreiter, or Gefreiter.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
The Mussey-la-Ville Road
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 11:56:51 AM »
Forgot to say: I did get the hat from Germany on eBay. But I can't remember if it was the link you gave me or not.