Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:21:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Blue moon gives us a ride...  (Read 6421 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Blue moon gives us a ride...
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 04:09:15 PM »
Quote from: "Grimm"
22,95$ :o  no way !!!!!

Now getting my special counting fingers and toes out

its works out at around £13 or 18 euros if I read that right, about the same as the Sloppy jalopy stuff

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 05:36:10 PM »
Someone on TMP just pointed out that OG Army card holders will probably get their discount, so that drops them to about $14 in the states.

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 05:43:17 PM »
I'm with Rich on this one.  Stick with the cheapies, but pick these up if you need something specific.  I also don't get drivers.  Yeah it looks cool, but unless you got doubles of each model sitting and standing, what's the point.  Now if only they would make a flat bed truck.
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 06:01:59 PM »
Quote from: "Deathwing"
I'm with Rich on this one.  Stick with the cheapies, but pick these up if you need something specific.  I also don't get drivers.  Yeah it looks cool, but unless you got doubles of each model sitting and standing, what's the point.  Now if only they would make a flat bed truck.

I guess one could just as easily say what't the point with the minis and vehicles at all, just use cardboard chits. it's all in what you want to do with them. I think it looks silly to have a driverless vehicle moving around the table, but to each his own.

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 06:48:16 PM »
Quote from: "Operator5"
As for scale, they posted over on TMP that they are 1/43 or 1/48.

Cheers.

Big ones then, never mind.  If they were the other end of the scale, to fit in with the West Wind and BAM trucks and tanks I could have gone for them.

I'll stick to the wise words of the pulp sages here and stick to looking out for cheaper diecasts.

Sorry to bring up the whole scale thing.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 07:45:26 PM »
Quote from: "revford"
Quote from: "Operator5"
As for scale, they posted over on TMP that they are 1/43 or 1/48.

Cheers.

Big ones then, never mind.  If they were the other end of the scale, to fit in with the West Wind and BAM trucks and tanks I could have gone for them.

I'll stick to the wise words of the pulp sages here and stick to looking out for cheaper diecasts.

Sorry to bring up the whole scale thing.

Fair do's its agood discussion and i'm very happy we had it. Even the mickey taking about size etc.. its all good ,all good :mrgreen:

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 07:14:32 AM »
Yes based on the TMP pictures
I would say they are 1:48th scale.  Which is A OK with me since that is the scale I have been buying all my pulp vehicles in.  I went round and round on which scale to use and after looking at alot of old movies it looked like a normal human's head came about level with the roof of most vehicles so I went with the 1:48th scale... also there is a huge selection in that scale too.  I think I will get a couple of these with my old glory army card! :D

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 10:15:50 AM »
Dodge:
You can sometimes get replacement wheels at Toy Collectors fairs, but they'd probably cost more than your cars.
Best bet is to keep looking at car boot sales & charity shops for cheap wheels to cannibalise.

There might be a Lledo collector's club, they might be able to get spare wheels, check out WHSmiths, I think there are a couple of diecast collectors magazines, that might have some addresses.

There is a yahoo group for diecast collectors, but it's only got a couple of dozen members so might not be much help.

Otherwise....was it £2 for the lot or each ?
If you're really not sure put them up here on the bazarre of obscurities, you could get your money back.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »
Quote from: "fastolfrus"
Dodge:
You can sometimes get replacement wheels at Toy Collectors fairs, but they'd probably cost more than your cars.
Best bet is to keep looking at car boot sales & charity shops for cheap wheels to cannibalise.

There might be a Lledo collector's club, they might be able to get spare wheels, check out WHSmiths, I think there are a couple of diecast collectors magazines, that might have some addresses.

There is a yahoo group for diecast collectors, but it's only got a couple of dozen members so might not be much help.

Otherwise....was it £2 for the lot or each ?
If you're really not sure put them up here on the bazarre of obscurities, you could get your money back.

fastolfrus: Thanks for the advice. I'll have a mooch around and see.

They averaged about 40 p each so good for a practice. When I bought them it was one of those mind goes blank moments was it days gone of models of yesteryear oh bugger it they are only 40 p each. They lookabout right maybe a bit small I'll use them for scenery shots I expect.

Those castings on the original bit of this thread are good though and I may buy some sooner or later.

Thanks again

Dodge