Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:45:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691106
  • Total Topics: 118374
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: French & Indian War scenarios?  (Read 10957 times)

Offline Barry S

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/LeadBear/
Re: French & Indian War scenarios?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 10:07:50 AM »

My general plan is to set my games in the context of the Beaver Wars, but to post-date them back to just before the F&I War.  So, instead of occurring in the 1600s, in my world the Beaver Wars will be taking place in the 1700s.  That way, my miniatures will all remain good for a range of conflicts.  For those who don't know, the Beaver Wars actually occurred here in my native Ohio, when the Iroquois Confederacy (5 Nations) attempted to muscle in on this territory for control of its beaver pelts.  They had pretty much depleted them in their own lands.  So, it is kind of a tribal free-for-all, with many of those in the list Galloping Major posted having a hand in it.

Thanks again...and keep the input coming...!

Mike,

You may find this LAF topic interesting http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=19576.0
Barry

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/LeadBear/

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 05:23:53 PM »
Blog post updated.  I've joined all the groups suggested by Barry so I can verify the scenarios before linking.  Thanks for the leads Barry, I just want to give some more details on the blog before posting the links.

http://syw6mm.com/2011/04/french-and-indian-war-scenarios/

Offline Barry S

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/LeadBear/
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 05:40:11 PM »
You're welcome. I hope they're of some use.

I believe I have some more sites that I've saved in my favorites folder over the years. When I get an opportunity and if I can find them again, I'll send them through.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 07:29:51 AM by Barry S »

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 04:18:19 AM »
Awesome!  Once I put together scenarios and playtest them, I'll be sure to send you a link for them.  Very handy having them all in one place.

Just in case folks want to bandy about ideas, here's one of the ideas I have running through my head right now:

Death of a Prophet
Parties have arrived at this village to hear the words of the mighty prophet of the (fill in the blank to fit your campaign, etc.) tribe.  The medicine of his words has caused many tomahawks to be buried and peace pipes to be smoked.  Even allies of the Yengeese sit down with those of the French Fathers after hearing his words.  As the prophet walks to the top of a small, flat-topped hill to begin his story, indians from many tribes gather around the hill.  Iroquois sits down next to Huron, Delaware with Miami, as all wait to hear the magic of his words.  As the sun sinks, the words begin to roll down from the hill and are like the smoke of good tobacco.  Many braves nod their heads in assent.  Suddenly, a musket explodes in the gloom of the evening.  On the hill, the prophet slumps against a stone.  Many race to his aid, and confusion breaks out in the village.  Shouts ring out accusing one tribe, then another of the killing.  For the news from the hill is the Prophet is dead....

This will be a free for all scenario, with secret victory conditions.  All tribal contingents (as many as players), have a designated escape route.  Naturally, it is on the OTHER SIDE of the board from where they are (with the hill in the center).  Old enmities flare up, so each tribe has a "score card" -- so many victory points for each tribal warrior slain and scalped (most points) or wounded.   Bonus points to the poster who recognizes the movie the idea is stolen from (definitely NOT a F & I War themed movie!).

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 05:11:55 AM »
Inspired by the 1979 classic 'The Warriors'?

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 07:19:39 AM »
Inspired by the 1979 classic 'The Warriors'?

Just what I was thinking  :D   "Warriors........ come out to playay"
Brilliant stuff, this would be a great start to an ongoing campaign involving several players.
Really looking forward to further developments.  8)

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 09:57:40 PM »
Cue the Joe Walsh song,

Somewhere out on that horizon
Out beyond the neon lights...

Great job, on the movie recognition!  And yes, I was saying that in the shower this morning: "Warriors, come out an play-yaaay!"  If I find that movie in the bargain bin one of these days, I'm going to buy it!

Offline Miniman

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 09:13:04 PM »
Question for Captain Blood...who said in his post "Masacre at deer creek".
The rules will be a stripped back version of 'Kill Zone' adapted by me for the F&IW.

The original Kill Zone future skirmish rules are available for free at http://www.mts.net/~gisby/kizo/killzone.htm

Clearly I've replaced SMGs and laser rifles with muskets and tomahawks, and added some period flavour to the terminology throughout. But the basic system is the same - with some minor modifications (like turning cards instead of dicing for initiative) to make for what I hope will be a fairly fast game...
Do you have a copy of your modified rules you can PM me? I would like to play this scenerio even though it will never look as good as what you have done with it. Very impressive. I downloaded the Kill zone rules but when it comes to the weapons, well if you have researched this I would feel better using them.
No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 09:58:49 AM »
Yep. Pm me your email address and I'll whizz them across...

:)