Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:57:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 739
Total: 742

Recent

Author Topic: The Relief of Byklabad...  (Read 11912 times)

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
The Relief of Byklabad...
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:39:05 AM »
Having seen Byklabad fall to the forces of the HEIC in the last game, the Raja of Rhanli sets out to recapture his beloved birthplace from the enemy, but relief for the hard pressed defenders may be at hand...

The Mutineer army advances on all fronts...

The defenders are driven from their posts...

Things are looking sticky Carruthers...

But relief is at hand...

Rally on me, men!

The Mutineers enter Byklabad...

While the relief column is bested and halted...

The defenders are forced to retire...

The Raja surveys the scene of his triumph...

While I am left to contemplate the cause of my defeat...

Figures are from Foundry's old Indian Mutiny range, the buildings from Mutineer, apart from the Hovels sandbags and the scratch built shrine. The rules were my own in development set, "The Devil's Wind". When the dice do not love a man, what's he to do?
David
"There is no point in being stupid unless you show it!"

http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
Re: The Relief of Byklabad...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 08:50:37 AM »
Great stuff  :-*

Great figures by the Perrys from Foundry  :)

Great game  ::) ;)

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 08:55:11 AM »
Another lovely game, truly inspiring stuff. ;D loving the dice too :-*
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 09:52:22 AM »
really great game!

Always great to see your games :-*

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:24:25 AM »
Did I not foretell that Byklabad would be retaken and the Feringhi put the sword, well OK not quite put to the sword as my dice throwing was little better than Dave's at times. Although my valiant troops had an uncanny knack of dodging the Feringhi's bullets when Dave did manage to score hits :)

Dave's collection is really spiffing and I am really lucky to get to use them, the rules are progressing nicely and although based on Dave's previous offerings they are quite different in how they are played.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 11:37:28 AM »
Great looking miniatures and terrain! Always wanted to do a Residency kind of assault.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:51:27 AM by Furt »
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 11:39:32 AM »
Just lovely, thank you for sharing.

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 12:11:15 PM »
Looks a great game.
I have lots of IM 28mm stuff and have been searching for a decent IM ruleset for years.
Is the 'Devil's Wind' up on the web anywhere?

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »
Looks a great game.
I have lots of IM 28mm stuff and have been searching for a decent IM ruleset for years.
Is the 'Devil's Wind' up on the web anywhere?

The rules are still a 'work in progress' but are getting there in our view. I hope to have them out for September/October time. Unfortunately they are not in a format to put out for testing, still in files all over the place for different aspects of the game. But, patience has its virtues, they will be good I feel....
David

Offline Trooper

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 05:07:35 PM »
Excellent stuff as aways. Now I shall be waiting eagerly for more news from Byklabad. An interesting result, considering that the British were in defences etc. Shows that the Sepoys can do the job, even if they had some luck on the dice, unless of course you had tweaked the rules a bit since the last time. Whatever, it was good to see a not so predictable result, despite what that rascally Raja might say. I will look forward to seeing the rules when they are available.

Top stuff, thanks for posting.   :) :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:09:28 PM by Trooper »
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
We will be victorious!!

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »
I'd like to thank those few hardy souls who have posted a reply: it hardly seems worth the effort at times to post game reports/photomontages when so few people who look even bother to post a comment, terribly disheartening.  :'(

It makes me wonder where the wargamers are on this site, when alls said and done are you all content with games featuring half a dozen figures a side? Not my scene at all, massed ranks does it for me every time.

Offline jamesmanto

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
Damned fine looking armies and terrain!
Absolutely spiffing! Well done old boy!

Offline Trooper

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 05:05:55 PM »
I'd like to thank those few hardy souls who have posted a reply: it hardly seems worth the effort at times to post game reports/photomontages when so few people who look even bother to post a comment, terribly disheartening.  :'(

It makes me wonder where the wargamers are on this site, when alls said and done are you all content with games featuring half a dozen figures a side? Not my scene at all, massed ranks does it for me every time.

Well I for one am sad to see that you are disheartened by the response or lack of response. Whilst it is true that some here like their smaller games, and good luck to them on that, many of us also like to see, and read about games of this calibre. Your Back of Beyond games with Phil were the highlight of many an otherwise dreary Wargames Illustrated for me. Not everybody feels up to commenting, but check the number of views and I am sure you will take heart. I hope so. As for me, please please keep the story going. Thank you again for sharing your adventures.   

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 05:16:15 PM »
Well I for one am sad to see that you are disheartened by the response or lack of response.

As am I. I really have enjoyed your Byklabad chronicle so far, but I have refrained from commenting as I know relatively little of the Mutiny period. Please keep up the reports as your efforts are greatly appreciated. And it's nice to see the venerable Foundry Mutiny range used in anger.

Maybe I should've run with a 'nice collection' type comment when I originally saw this post.  ;) I shall endeavour to comment more frequently.

Nice collection by the way…  lol

Offline Elprez

• Mad Scientist
  • LXG
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
@ Yankeepedlar  - Dont be disheartened. Id take the number of views as more indicative of the interest than the number of posts commenting,  :). Not everybody feels the need to post, and a thread is more interesting to read if the ones who do have some interesting comment, point of discussion or question.

I've loved all the Byklabad posts, been impressed and inspired by them I assure you.
http://extraordinarygentlemensjournal.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VSFMiniatures
Still, a chap ought to look smart in front of the men, don't you think?