Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:38:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

?

Red Redemptionists (Arcturus)
Privateers off north east America, 1750-1760 (Silent Invader)

Author Topic: ROUND 6 Red Redemptionists vs Privateers off north east America, 1750-1760  (Read 8078 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
?

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
close call
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
For those interested my figures are all conversions.... the two with bluderbus are derived from Warlord freebies (a Napoleonic and an ECW), the captain and swabber are from Eureka AWI figures, and the ropeman is from a Perry AWI.  :)

Pre-painted images are here:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=23625.0
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
both nice!
who produce those beauty arcturus?

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
It's the Evil Empire. OOP Games Workshop, Regiments of Renown, Disciples of the Red Redemption

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Those are certainly some oldies Arcturus... they don't count as Evil Empire if they're from that era :)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Dr. Kevin Moon III esq.

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Good to see some Red Redemptionists painted up, especially when they are painted that well!

What plans do you have to game with them?

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
Thanks for your nice comments.

@ Dr. Kevin Moon: They're the start of a Chaos Army and stood based and primed on the shelf for years. I like them alot but since i'm more into Post-Apoc, WWWII and Future Wars gaming recently i think they won't get reinforcements until the next LPL  ::) If it's of interest I use the GW LOTR Rules for Fantasy Games.

Offline Raz

• Scientist
Great work on those redemptionist. They look really gritty and hardened :)

If it's of interest I use the GW LOTR Rules for Fantasy Games.

Do you use them straight from the book, or have you made modifications for them?

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
Thanks Raz, we made some minor modifications to the rules, mainly leaving out the stuff we didn't like. Which is: No superheroes only the generic captains, no morale rules etc.

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
It's the Evil Empire. OOP Games Workshop, Regiments of Renown, Disciples of the Red Redemption

wonderful minis. They would fit perfectly in my mordheim possessed warband  ;D Are they available in some way? Ebay maybe?

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
If you mean these specific ones it's a no. I paid myself a little fortune to get the command group and 12 standard warriors.

But i think they come up every now and then on ebay, especially the standard troopers. And if i'm right Thantsants sold a command group recently in the Bazar of Obscurities here on the LAF.

Oh yes i'am right:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=26900.msg328050#msg328050

Maybe they're still available.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:23:56 AM by Arcturus »

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Thanks Bezzo, much appreciated  :)

Hey, Arcturus the irony that we are presently side by side on the round 5 leaderboard! Well done with the minis, they are very nice.  :)

Offline Raz

• Scientist
Thanks Raz, we made some minor modifications to the rules, mainly leaving out the stuff we didn't like. Which is: No superheroes only the generic captains, no morale rules etc.

Thanks. Have you made any armylists and other such stuff? Or do you just equip figures with what they have (how would you determine of they need a human/orc/uruk-profile etc.)?

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
@ Raz: Sorry no armylists. We just used what was available. Most fantasy creatures already fitted in the existing profiles and all the rest was determined how it seemed appropriate e.g. a chaos warrior would receive an uruk-profile.

@ Silent Invader: Thanks, i like your paintjob too and your converting effort is impressive. The ship looks really cool too, i would like to see a photo depicting the ship in all its beauty. Is it a kit or scratchbuild?