Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:48:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: .45A 2nd Edition, some questions  (Read 3022 times)

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
.45A 2nd Edition, some questions
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:30:20 PM »
I recently became the proud owner of a .45 A 2nd edition book. First off congratulations, the rules seam much more streamlined.

I've had a quick read through the book, and one question has jumped into my mind; what are the advantages of a flashlight? The rules state the the darkness rule is ignored with the flashlight's template, but as your model can already see 12", why is this an advantage? Unless a model can see 12" from the end of the flashlight marker?

Also is there any likely hood of the book being available in a stripped down ereader freindly format like ebeb?

Cheers
Andy
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:34:10 PM by oldskoolrebel »

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Re: .45A 2nd Edition, some questions
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 06:47:06 PM »
Andy: working on doing an ereader version. Still have not gotten the bugs worked out. But I will post when I have something.

As for the flashlight, it is more situational. I allow 12" LoS when there is some sort of light (moonlight, starlight, street lamps, etc.). However, in dark caverns, unlit buildings, etc. models cannot normally see more than 3" (or whatever your specific scenario calls for).

And I am glad you feel the rules are more streamlined. That was my goal.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 06:52:57 PM »
Wow quick answers, that's service with a smile.  ;)

Thank you for clearing up my question about the flashlight, I imagine that under moonlight I'd use it like the night vision ability.

I bought the pdf version of the rules, although I'd happily pay an additional small amount for an ereader friendly version.

I'm impressed with the archetype formula, I've noticed that grade 3s are alot tougher, and I also like what you've done with the grade 1s. I found that grade 1s can hang around for ages, slowing the game down. Hopefully that will fix it.

Do you have any supplements planned?

Cheers
Andy

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 07:58:38 PM »
Hi,

In the games we have played, the Grade 1s are a lot easier to kill than before.

If you allow it, I have a doubt too, regarding the rules for Ignoble Failure. When playing, if you get dice bonuses, it makes a lot easier to roll a 1. The players complained that it didn't seem too logic, as they were bonuses. The natural 1 considered is only in the dices originally received for the weapon type or we have to consider all of them?

Thanks and regards.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
Wow quick answers, that's service with a smile. 

Do you have any supplements planned?

I try to be responsive. :)

I do have some stuff planned. Right now, it will be scenario and character additions. Any new rules would be made available free on the Speakeasy.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 08:04:49 PM »
If you allow it, I have a doubt too, regarding the rules for Ignoble Failure. When playing, if you get dice bonuses, it makes a lot easier to roll a 1. The players complained that it didn't seem too logic, as they were bonuses. The natural 1 considered is only in the dices originally received for the weapon type or we have to consider all?

I play that you consider all dice (it becomes a tactical decision on whether to roll more dice to increase the chance to hit and risk running out of ammo). However, I can see limiting it to just the original dice. I would say, since I do not spell it out specifically, that you should play the way that works best for your group.

I can say that running out of ammo has definitely made things interesting. :D

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 08:09:34 PM »
From  what I've read you seem to have done away with the 3 ammo boxes? OR have I just missed that.

What was the motivation for that? Because people are more likely to roll 1s?

Cheers
Andy

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:19:02 PM »
I play that you consider all dice (it becomes a tactical decision on whether to roll more dice to increase the chance to hit and risk running out of ammo). However, I can see limiting it to just the original dice. I would say, since I do not spell it out specifically, that you should play the way that works best for your group.

I can say that running out of ammo has definitely made things interesting. :D

That's true, as you can roll more 10s too... but not always it is your decision, as sometimes you could receive dice from the opponent's negative bonuses.

All in all, as we forgot to count 10s and 1s almost everytime, it was not a problem  lol

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
From  what I've read you seem to have done away with the 3 ammo boxes? OR have I just missed that.

What was the motivation for that? Because people are more likely to roll 1s?

The character sheets do not have it any longer because Ammo has become a scenario specific item and not a standard game rule. I will have some scenarios where ammo is limited, and some where it is not. But I knew that if I made amm a rule, then people would feel they HAD to use it. I wanted it to be a choice and not a requirement.

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 11:12:10 PM »
I suppose that makes sense ;D

It might seem a stupid question but what is the difference between a pistol and an automatic pistol, rules wise?

Cheers
Andy

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 12:26:28 AM »
You can move up to half your movement and reload with an automatic. You cannot move at all with a regular pistol if you want to reload.

Offline Big Sexy

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 04:32:22 PM »
Operator, if you happen to expand on the equipment list could you add some weapon add-ons like "large caliber" and "scopes".  I miss the upgrades you used to buy as part of the character creation. 

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »
They will be there. :)