Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:26:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: FUBAR goes Medieval  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
FUBAR goes Medieval
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:22:17 AM »
FUBAR Medieval

A little known fact about the FUBAR Modern/SF Rules for small unit actions is that they have a barbaric cousin – FUBAR Medieval. These are rules for those who want a quick, yet savagely satisfying game involving a few handpicked warbands in a medieval (i.e. pre-firearms) or fantasy genre. The rules include a simple points system and all forces in the supplements are fully costed.

We already have four force supplements for these rules.

FUBAR 1066 And All That!

The first is an exploration of the 9th-11th century in Britain. It involves Vikings, Saxons, Normans, Welsh, Irish and Pictish warbands vying for supremacy in this age of invasions.

FUBAR Artorius Rex!

The second is a delve further back to the chaos that followed the Roman withdrawal and the rise of a Warlord who would be later feted as Arthur, King of the Britons. There are lists for the Romano-British forces of Arthur, the invading Saxons and the native Welsh and Pictish Kings.

There is also a section to allow you to add some of the mythic elements such as Merlin and Morgana, Excalibur and the grail Knights, as well as Welsh Druids and Pictish Shamen.

FUBAR The Seven Samurai!

Next up is a chance to ride with the Seven Samurai. A full set of rules for warfare in medieval Japan. Not always historically accurate, but certainly in keeping with the films of Akiro Kurasawa.

Ever fancied defending a village of peasants with a handful of Ronin and a drunken Warrior Monk against a vengeful Samurai Daimyo and his loyal retainers? Here’s your chance.

FUBAR The War of the Ring!

And finally, for now at least,  the chance the play Aragorn or Boromir, Gandalf, Theoden or Saruman. FUBAR The War of the Ring allows you to bring your warbands into battle across the latter years of Middle Earth in the mammoth two-page supplement!

All this available free (as always) on http://thegamesshed.wordpress.com.

Cheers,
Craig.
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline digimortal

• Librarian
Re: FUBAR goes Medieval
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 12:03:05 PM »
Sweet didn't know about the fantasy stuff. Cheers!!

Offline opa wuttke

• Bookworm
    • A fistful of heroes
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 01:13:58 PM »
oops ! I downloaded the FUBAR 1pagemodern/SF rules a week ago, but i didn´t notice that a medieval version also exists. I will try the medieval ones too...

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 03:06:43 PM »
I have posted Dark Fantasy FUBAR to the Forgeofwar forums, suitable for Conan, Mythical ancients, and other theaters where men beat mean to death with pointy sticks.

Find it here:
http://www.forgeofwar.uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=331
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.