Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:05:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Progress on a Convention game project or Testament to the Criminal insanity.  (Read 23453 times)

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
  • "Cthulhu fhtagn Ya'll!"
    • F.F.o.S.
AndyM....
Man there is a lot of room in the central U.S. There is this State called Kansas that I think is a Native American word for "Nothin' here.."

Wingnut
Wingnut
1st Citizen of Beaverlick,WY.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
 :-*

Fantastic... really, really fantastic!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Out standing stuff :-* :-* :-*
Inspiring me to dig out my pirate stuff.

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
Brilliant - that Fench town really gives the feeling of being run down.

I like the sandy beaches - are they the bases of the whole town/islands?

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Brilliant - that Fench town really gives the feeling of being run down.

I like the sandy beaches - are they the bases of the whole town/islands?

The towns have rectangular platform bases. The beaches are thin overlapping plywood with beveled edges. I used a belt sander to save time. The beaches form a right angle on the back side that I push up to the platform.   

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
AndyM....
Man there is a lot of room in the central U.S. There is this State called Kansas that I think is a Native American word for "Nothin' here.."

Wingnut

Out standing stuff :-* :-* :-*
Inspiring me to dig out my pirate stuff.

We diffinately don't have a lot of room in Scotland! Especially not in your garage Colin!!  :D :D

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
I demand you show us how you prepared you palm trees or I (by popular vote) will be forced to kick you in the foot, not so hard as to break or fracture it but hard enough so later that night you will think to yourself. "Man my leg really hurts a lot, that Ninja is an ..."

And thats when you will hear me dropping down from that corner of the ceiling in your bedroom (you know the one can't see cause of the way your bed is turned).....  And then it will all go black.

Your friends will all assume the post was a cry for help and you had actually gone insane. The fecal matter on the walls being the biggest tip off you had gone crazy... and all cause you didn't post about a painted plastic tree...
Break out of your gaming shell! www.brokenegggames.com

"Yes, I am a ninja and no I won't show you my moves."

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
... OK  :?
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Fulfilling a request for someone off their Med's...

Palm tree prep.
1)Remove the three palm frawn rings off the stem.
2)Discard awkward top palm frawn for later use as a fern or other ground foliage. It Points strait up due to
   molding and looks dumb. 
3) the second and third palm ring are intertwined separate them. Put them aside in a pile.
4) Base your palm trunks. Individually or in tree templates. I suggest very large washers for individuals so they don't turn over. For groups I'm using beveled edged 1/8 inch plywood cut in amorphous shapes.
    a)Drill holes in Plywood in random locations.
    b) Hot glue trunks in Plywood or washer. use lots or glue it just looks like roots. If your using washers   
       work on aluminum-foil and use cooking spray to keep the glue from sticking to the surface after they
       cool.
5) spray paint trunks and bases with Ultra Flat Krylon Fusion brown
    http://www.krylon.com/products/camouflage_paint_with_fusion_technology/
6) Wallpaper paste the base
7) Flock to your taste.
8 ) Replace Palm frawns all leaves pointing down.
9) Spray leaves with Ultra Flat Krylon Fusion Olive. (yes I realize that they are still on the trunk. The green
   settles down on the base lightly coating the highlights of the trunk. Similar to dry brushing. Don't spray
   the trunks directly.)
10) Let dry and serve with a light chianti and maybe some fava beans....

There you go Ninja....  Please be very careful with the power tools they can be dangerous and try to use the spray paint in a well ventilated area for all our sakes.  :?

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
Fulfilling a request for someone off their Med's...

10) Let dry and serve with a light chianti and maybe some fava beans....

There you go Ninja....  Please be very careful with the power tools they can be dangerous and try to use the spray paint in a well ventilated area for all our sakes.  :?

Its cool although I do all of my painting and foam cutting in a ninja cave I am always wearing a mask! In hindsight simply asking for such info may have been a more social approach but not very ninja of me.

Joking aside your work is awesome enough for me to have actually looked into flight schedules and taking a few days off of work to head out and see this at the convention in person! 

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Ninja,
Flying in would honor me that you would think so highly of my work. The rest of the Con is small so don't be disappointed. I can vouch for two of the other games there, Shelby West will be running a Vietnam game I helped in the construction of and Grady West's Stalingrad is a sight to behold. If you do Come to KC, there is a must see World War 1 museum that should not be missed by any war gamer. I can also turn you on to some great restaurants in the area....... 
If the timing doesn't work out I'm looking at Recruits in the Fall, same area but a larger convention by far.

Wingnut

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
Ninja,
Flying in would honor me that you would think so highly of my work. The rest of the Con is small so don't be disappointed. I can vouch for two of the other games there, Shelby West will be running a Vietnam game I helped in the construction of and Grady West's Stalingrad is a sight to behold. If you do Come to KC, there is a must see World War 1 museum that should not be missed by any war gamer. I can also turn you on to some great restaurants in the area....... 
If the timing doesn't work out I'm looking at Recruits in the Fall, same area but a larger convention by far.

Wingnut

Where might that other convention be? Do you have a link? I dont know if the timing will be right but I REALLY want to go to this convention or at least a convention...

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Update:
Cargo Markers. (Iphones aren't the best Macro lenses)

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Small craft.