Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:20:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690899
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Progress on a Convention game project or Testament to the Criminal insanity.  (Read 23420 times)

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
Shoo! Shoo all you scottish bandits! He is allready spoken for, and I have just told my girlfriend that she will have to give up a few of her friends and her sisters appartment, so he can move here without any fuss!
*Waves angrily with a big stick at the hordes of scottsmen*
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
Wow - that is fantastic. Im glad it all came together in such spectacular fashion.

Now - you have to keep us updated with the next huge board you plan!

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
  • "Cthulhu fhtagn Ya'll!"
    • F.F.o.S.
Shoo! Shoo all you scottish bandits! He is allready spoken for, and I have just told my girlfriend that she will have to give up a few of her friends and her sisters appartment, so he can move here without any fuss!
*Waves angrily with a big stick at the hordes of scottsmen*

Easy Galland never threaten a Scotsman with a stick. They're quite dangerous when provoked.
This is a tough choice I'm being offered. On one hand my given name is Scott and I love single malt. On the other hand I REALLY like women with an accent.  
Both mind you have proven really bad for my well being.   
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:13:06 PM by Wingnut »
Wingnut
1st Citizen of Beaverlick,WY.

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
OMG! That table shot was amazing. Get out the straight jacket cuz it is insane!
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
How about scantily clad women with curves that would make an Italian sports car tremble?  That would be here in "sunny" California - we got hail in the central valley yesterday!

Nothing in Kansas?  Well, many a year ago, when I was there for my sister's wedding I formulated a theory that if you took down all the power lines between the northern border and the gulf that if you dropped a really big beach ball - really, really big - it would roll all the way from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico with a nice bounce over the Ozarks.

But back to that sort of nice looking pirate game you've put together (lol), you've come up with the best name I've ever seen in gaming or model railroading (both of which I've done for a long, long time).  Upon bended knees I bow my head to the floor several times with palms stretched out as far as they can reach.  The name?  Port Manteau.      Well, done, lad.

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
.  The name?  Port Manteau.      Well, done, lad.
You sir are the first to appreciate that, I would buy you a fine scotch for your mastery of the language if we ever meet. I also promote you to an "English Major" in my 1/60th scale Caribbean world. Bravo!
You are quite correct about the Great Plains, it lacks geography. I think the reason they didn't call it the Plain-Plains is not to sound like a stutter. Northwest Arkansas and southern Missouri are very nice, Clear rivers, deciduous forests, Deep lakes. It also for the most part lacks the weather of our bordering disaster film neighbors.   
Please no virtual prostration, I play to my audience and as long as you guys encourage me I'll keep building.
Thank you very much for your complements.
Wingnut   

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.

and my conclusion is....the board is still too small. 

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
I am soo going to this event next year. I had a serious mind to make an impromptu trip for this year. Great stuff, it looks like it was a blast to play. 
Break out of your gaming shell! www.brokenegggames.com

"Yes, I am a ninja and no I won't show you my moves."

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Any chance you can post some more pictures of your shipwreck? Cheers!

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Even the Union Jack pinned to the table is the right way up!  Respect sir, respect!
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
Even the Union Jack pinned to the table
If they are playing a scenario after 1801, not in the 18th Century.  :D :D :D

Congratulations anyway, the tables are wonderful  ;D

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
If they are playing a scenario after 1801, not in the 18th Century.  :D :D :D

Congratulations anyway, the tables are wonderful  ;D

In which case it would be the 'Union flag' (I think)

Anyway, as a Scotsman in England, I can offer you lodgings on your way north....

Great, great game

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
The game was taking Place at the opening of the War of Spanish Succession, !701-ish. The Flags are not accurate to the period, which might explain the Ghost ship which clearly was not seen until the 1792 ::)
I can't really take credit for the Respect/Disrespect of the flags, I asked one of my group to skirt the table without supervision, then we proceeded to acquire a 18yr old Glenfiddich shortly after. Scotch hinders quality control but inversely raises margin of error tolerance.
I will as requested try to get pictures of the Ship Wreck up soon. most of the stuff is still packed up after the trip home from Kansas. I'm encouraging anyone who is interested in playing to keep up with the Recruits Website, with any luck they will allow me the space required for the game. I have started on a new round of ships the first two of 6, the Brig by Minimi and the East Indiaman by Old Glory.

Wingnut    

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
So the madness continues....
The table space for the convention that takes place 2 weeks from now has expanded to a pair of 24ft by 8ft tables and two side tables that contain a Dutch Trading port and a Lost Mayan temple. The Mayan Island pictured below is a collaboration between fellow terrain builder Steve Hobbs and myself.  This is still really far from finished. The structure is all insulation Styrofoam sheets with a polymer coating from a company called Hot Wire Foam Factory.  More to come.....