Forum > Future Wars

Judge Dredd Miniatures Game- Is anyone playing?

(1/3) > >>

Roebeast45:
Hi everyone,

I looking to get into a new miniatures game and I've been checking out the Judge Dredd game. Has anyone on The LAF played it? What are your thoughts so far?

Thanks!

Brian

cheetor:

I am very much looking forward to giving it a go, but havent played it yet.

I have been busily buying as many of the re-released and new figures as possible though (I picked up the Angel Gang and the Holocaust suits at Salute).  I missed a lot of the figures when they were released for Gangs of Mega City One and I dont want that to happen again.  I am hoping to carry my current post apoc project into Dredd in a Cursed Earth sort of way.

So in short I am not much use to you with regard to the how the rules play, but I am very interested in how they end up.

As the rules are free to download I dare say that a hell of a lot of the people around here have at least read them.

Argonor:
Been reading it through a couple of times and am just readying a handful of Street Judges for painting. Will prime today or tomorrow. No game on for at least another week, though.

My thoughts:

* Nothing revolutionary, but a nice ruleset that still needs some fine-tuning and addidtions
* D10 - huge improvement from GoMC1
* Scenarios - like most of the game apart from the d10 mechanics seem to be a recycling of GoMC1
* New figs alongside the CoMC1 figs - I especially noticed the Holocaust II as an SST heavy battlesuit with some add-ons
* Seems playable - and especially the possibility of playing the Law is another improvement on the GoMC1 rules

Steel Rabbit:
I'm a huge Judge Dredd fan, and thus can't wait to give this a go. I'm putting in an order with my FLGS for two of the starter "gangs" as soon as they're available.

Roebeast45:
I see Mongoose has just posted updated rules. And still no Citi-Def. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version