Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi. Commonwealth SCN.  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
15mm Sci Fi. Commonwealth SCN.
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:12:14 AM »
I bought a load of GZG and Critical mass stuff some time ago, and recently decided to paint it up, although I have no plans to game with them (yet) and some need a few repairs when it comes to paint job, I am well pleased with them so far! So may well continue purchasing into the genre when I have the spare time and cash!

Solar Combat Navy

When the Commonwealth first began its expansion into space during the 22nd Century, it was soon hit with the scale of what it was attempting to achieve. When the first few colony ships discovered the route to a possibly habitable planet they landed with little security, no law enforcement and certainly nothing to ensure the wishes of the Commonwealth back on Earth was completed. Save for a few loyal individuals, the vast majority of colonists simply created their own rules, and for a few decades, on what became known as the Planet Nova Scotia, the newly settled populace ran rampant, attacking each other in tribes, before the vast majority of them were destroyed by the new diseases and viruses the new world had exposed them to. Furthermore, those few who had remained loyal to the state soon realised that Nova Scotia was not a world completely devoid of intelligent life. Scattered and few, the remnants of humanity on Nova Scotia were almost decimated completely by a Native war like race. Humans first step towards distant colonisation had nearly tripped on the welcoming rug on its way through the door of progress.

Something had to be done. The Commonwealth quickly called council of the 54 member states it was built from, meeting in London, it was decided that new colony ships should be equipped with a fighting force. A few years later, a second colony ship was launched with a Cohort of troops, and after a fierce war, and a few more colony ships later, Nova Scotia was largely annexed.

However as time went by, and more planets became colonised, it was soon evident that the Commonwealth Armed Forces, Navy and Air Force was in adequate to handle threats on uninhabitable planets, or planets which could not sustain human life. Other Human states and corporations were beginning to spread into the Galaxy, and wars soon broke out, as Humans explored and expanded with greater speed, they soon found themselves attracting other beings. In the end, the Commonwealth decided that to defend its possessions, it could no longer rely on Atmospheric Fighting forces to await the arrival of enemy forces onto their worlds, nor could it continue to lose the initiative with its three conventional fighting forces being slow to take the fight to enemy worlds themselves.

In the end, the Commonwealth Solar Combat Navy was introduced, a Rapid Reaction force, with an army that would ensure the security of Commonwealth Solar systems, and fend of enemy forces whilst exposed in space. Furthermore, this new elite force, drawing its members from the various elite forces of the numerous Commonwealth states, would act as the first strike, raiding enemy worlds, attacking vital installations in space, and directing the three traditional forces of the Commonwealth to victory when they joined the fight.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: 15mm Sci Fi. Commonwealth SCN.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:55:35 AM »
A very nice force, I must say you pull of the mono grey scheme very well, which can be pretty hard to do, and it pulls the force together very well!
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: 15mm Sci Fi. Commonwealth SCN.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:19:53 PM »
Thank you! I decided to go with the grey simply out of not knowing how else to approach these ones. Stroke of luck with the grey, I have in the past tried and it has turned out way too blockish for my liking!