Forum > Future Wars

Metropolystyrene

(1/3) > >>

Dr. The Viking:
I met up with a couple of regulars and made a weekend out of cutting polystyrene packing into 'buildings' for our Røvede setting.

The idea is that the Mayor of Røvede - Stein Bagger - has planned a new part of the city: Røvtopia. Being a crook like he is, he employed the company Harmløs Kemi to make a cheaper building material called styrenocrete; a material that resembles hard pressed polystyrene balls only on a larger scale and tougher.

Unfortunately one of the inhabitants of the new condos turned out to be an amateur botanic and space farer. He'd brought back Butorg plants from Røvede Space Colony. The effect was a disaster. On the butorg tiny little red lice made their home and as it turned out the lice found the styrenocrete very delicious and quickly multiplied living off of the newly founded part of the city.

Today only ruins remain of Røvtopia and it has become a refuge for criminals and ganja farmers alike.

Here are some pics of a few (very few comparatively) of the many ruins we managed to make:

All was done with polystyrene, tile mortar and a huge spraygun with wall paint. (and then some airbrushing at the end).

DeafNala:
VERY NICELY DONE! The final product is a very effective bit of futuristic terrain. Not only is packing foam a GREAT source of building material, it brings back the bit about playing with the box that the toy came in...I love trips down Memory Lane.

Dr. The Viking:

--- Quote from: DeafNala on May 15, 2011, 03:17:05 PM ---VERY NICELY DONE! The final product is a very effective bit of futuristic terrain. Not only is packing foam a GREAT source of building material, it brings back the bit about playing with the box that the toy came in...I love trips down Memory Lane.

--- End quote ---

Thanks

I think the worst part about this work weekend was that we didn't have a cd player. Otherwise we'd have been listening to King Uszniewicz & the Uszniewicztones.

Pil:
Lovely bit of work and a very cool back-story! I just listened to King Uszniewicz & the Uszniewicztones though and it's almost as terrible as Anton Maiden  lol

Centaur_Seducer:

--- Quote from: Pil on May 15, 2011, 08:24:41 PM ---Lovely bit of work and a very cool back-story! I just listened to King Uszniewicz & the Uszniewicztones though and it's almost as terrible as Anton Maiden  lol

--- End quote ---
Anton Maiden rules!
Its a pity that he commited suicide though :(

Thorbjörn, who makes the cops? Foundry?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version