Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689225
  • Total Topics: 118264
  • Online Today: 500
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Q: Combat with Hideous Models and Resolve Tests  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
Q: Combat with Hideous Models and Resolve Tests
« on: May 19, 2011, 09:13:38 AM »
Hi. I haven't found an answer to my problem in the FaQ. Maybe it's just because my english skills are too bad  ::)

Is it correct, that a model fighting a Close Combat in Base-to-Base(B-t-B) contact with an hideous model (eg a formless thing) is supposed to take only one resolve test for the duration of the whole combat?
Because it says that a model who has taken a resolve test (succeeded or failed) do not have to take another test untill there is a new situation forcing it to take a Resolve test? Does this means, that this "new situation" have to be a different source (eg Terror, Fear or another hideous model entering combat...)

If I understand this correctly, it means that the agent who wants to charge a formless thing moves into B-t-B, after this the agent takes the Resolve test. If he succeeds he may fight, if not he has to roll on the insanity table but due to taking a Resolvetest against the Situation "standing in B-t-B with a hideous Model" he do not have to take a Resolvetest for this formless thing in following turns? Or is the agent forced to take a new Resolvetest against the same hideous model in every following 'combatphase'?

And by the way another question:
If the described combat between the agent and the formless thing ends in a draw and in following activations neither of these two models is activated the combat is still fought before any other model can take its Action? For eyample: Before I activate my Character, I roll the combat dice once for my agent and my opponent for his formless thing. After this I use the actions of my character?

Thanks a lot and sorry for these "stupid" questions  ???

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 11:12:44 AM by Yggdrasil »

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Q: Combat with Hideous Models and Resolve Tests
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 01:25:21 PM »
The resolve test is only made when you move into base-to-base contact with a Hideous model. If the combat lasts several rounds then there is no need to keep taking resolve tests.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:26:56 PM by pixelgeek »

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 02:32:32 AM »
Once you have taken a Hideous, Fear or Terror type of Resolve check against a particular Lurker, then you do not need to make the same type of test for that Lurker again.  If a new Lurker is involved or a new type of Resolve check, then you need to take another test.  So you are correct in your assumption here:  :)

If I understand this correctly, it means that the agent who wants to charge a formless thing moves into B-t-B, after this the agent takes the Resolve test. If he succeeds he may fight, if not he has to roll on the insanity table but due to taking a Resolvetest against the Situation "standing in B-t-B with a hideous Model" he do not have to take a Resolvetest for this formless thing in following turns? Or is the agent forced to take a new Resolvetest against the same hideous model in every following 'combatphase'?

Your assumption here is also correct:
And by the way another question:
If the described combat between the agent and the formless thing ends in a draw and in following activations neither of these two models is activated the combat is still fought before any other model can take its Action? For eyample: Before I activate my Character, I roll the combat dice once for my agent and my opponent for his formless thing. After this I use the actions of my character?

Great questions. ;)  You seem to have a firm handle on the rules  :)
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 08:44:42 AM »
Thanks for the rules clarification :)

Quote from: D@rth J@ymZ
Great questions. Wink  You seem to have a firm handle on the rules  Smiley
Thank You :)
The reason why I need to know theses things is that untill now I'm the only one playing Strange Aeons in my local gaming club. In the coming days I'm going to arrange a bunch of initiation games with my buddies and therefore I need to know all basic knowledge and of course have to find Solutions for the last problems I got with some rules myself ::) And that's where I needed the help of this fantastic community.
The Arkham Horror games I've played with my buddies luckily have driven them deeper into the Cthulhu-Mythos, that's why I'm very sure that Strange Aeons will have a great Future at our coming gaming meetings (or should I say Cult meetings?  lol)

Regards
Yggdrasil