Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:08:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WK's goblin landsknecht project - Goblin/Halfling Wizard greens (18/8)  (Read 23672 times)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
I like the goblin hero!  The pose reminds me of the old Ruglud from the RRD5 Ruglud's armoured orcs.  Was that by chance intentional?
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Loving the new stuff!

Gob de Leon looks fantastic!
 ;D

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
I like the goblin hero!  The pose reminds me of the old Ruglud from the RRD5 Ruglud's armoured orcs.  Was that by chance intentional?

Yes and no. It was a rather typical pose that you found on several citadel minis in those days, there was Ruglud, there was the wardancer figure in skarloc's archers, ... It was more a nod to all of those figures than to a single one alone.

Very nice work! The great sword guy will make a great halfing hero once the halfling heads are released......previews soon?????

Not for a while. Halfling heads were supposed to be sculpted with this batch, but funds and sculpting time ran out, so they will be included in the next batch (after moulding of the goblins).

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
Not for a while. Halfling heads were supposed to be sculpted with this batch, but funds and sculpting time ran out, so they will be included in the next batch (after moulding of the goblins).

about funds...could we help you with a booking here on LAF for halfling heads + goblins packs? :D

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Well, having some confirmed interest could help speed up things of course. ;)

Offline clam

• Scientist
    • Clamshells and Sea Horses
If you need funds, why not release some Dwarfs (aka Greatswords) then?  ::)

That said, I have to say that the Goblins are getting more tempting - great job on the characters/command. That Greatsword Champion is wonderful - and pretty sure that a Halfling head will do him good, too ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:35:30 PM by clam »

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
If you need funds, then why not release some Dwarfs (aka Greatswords)?  ::)

Because I want the whole set to be released at the same time. :)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Besides, John would have more time to work on them if other people didn't give him work. ;)

Offline clam

• Scientist
    • Clamshells and Sea Horses
Well, let me just say I look at this "a bit differently" - but ask John to hurry, as some of his customers can wait a bit longer ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:22:26 PM by clam »

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
Well, having some confirmed interest could help speed up things of course. ;)

here I am! :D
I'd like to know how much (roughly) I would spend buying the 8 goblin + various weapons sprues + command group + hero (heroes? ;D) + halfling heads. I see 8 dwarfs cost 19 pounds: if the price for the goblins is similar you can trust on my interest since now. :)
Ok, more a little warband than a halfling army but I think is better than nothing.

And, if I can say what I think about halfling heads...a mix of helmets, hats and bare heads as for the gobs would be fantastic  :-*

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Well, the goblin infantry are up for sale now, so you can see their price: http://whiteknightminiatureimperium.blogspot.com/2011/12/getting-some-goblin-core-infantry.html

Once the halfling heads are ready, I will likely offer both the option to buy them separately as to swap out the goblin heads in the packs for them (so a pack of halflings would cost the same as a pack of goblins).

The idea is indeed to have a mix of heads (bare, helmets and hats), probably using the goblin helmets and hats as a conversion base.

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
Well, the goblin infantry are up for sale now, so you can see their price: http://whiteknightminiatureimperium.blogspot.com/2011/12/getting-some-goblin-core-infantry.html

Once the halfling heads are ready, I will likely offer both the option to buy them separately as to swap out the goblin heads in the packs for them (so a pack of halflings would cost the same as a pack of goblins).

The idea is indeed to have a mix of heads (bare, helmets and hats), probably using the goblin helmets and hats as a conversion base.

I've seen the price. I confirm my interest for 2 packs of halflings (no gobs heads required) and hero/heroes. :D

Offline Hubbynz

• Scientist
    • Halfling House
WK I really like what you are doing and would love to support it.

I would like to place a pre-order, paid in advance for (including postage to Australia)

1 x Hallfing Core Infantry with Spears and Shields 1 (6) (the first stlye)
1 x Halfling Core Infantry with Handguns (6)
1 x Core Infantry with Crossbows (6)
1 x Halfling Command pack

I am not to fussed on the time frame (3-4 months is no issue) as I currently have well over 140 halflings I need to paint up anyway......I would just like to support you with your project and help you to free up some funds.

If you could pm the payment details and I'll pay via paypal.

I also would like to talk to you about advice on getting a halfling character scuptled up as I would mind having a go at commissioning a mini or two.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
The following are now available:

WKG-03: Goblin Core Infantry Command (3)

WKG-10: Gob de Leon, Captain with Twin Swords (1)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Re: WK's goblin landsknecht project - Character greens (7/8)
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2012, 06:24:20 PM »
Some more upcoming figures, goblin characters now.

The first one is named Gobboprince de Lu, based on his passing resemblance to the 80's version of a famous cooky mascotte. He comes with an elegant sword with decorated hilt and a double barreled pistol option.

Since it takes all sorts, the troops are comforted by this lovely goblin floozy. Or is it just a goblin in drag? Either way, you should be in for a quite a unique/horrifying experience.

Gobbo Cortez is widely known for his stylish facial hair, a rare thing among goblinoids, raising suspicions as to whether it might in fact be a fake. Either way, his two pistols tend to be quite convincing in dealing with tose non-believers.

Finally, 6 new goblin infantry heads with various types of morion-style helmets for those who want some troops to match the Gob de Leon and Gobbo Cortez figures.