Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:28:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New WW II game: Victory Decision: World War II  (Read 22025 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
New WW II game: Victory Decision: World War II
« on: May 21, 2011, 11:12:45 AM »

After 20 publications for World at War it is time for something new.

Victory Decision: World War II is an action based game that allows you to command a platoon sized force or more in this momentous conflict. It features a unique Leadership-modified alternate unit activation system. The result is a fun and fast paced war game that involves both players almost constantly.

Thee rules cover virtually all aspects of World War II gaming. Included are rules for:
  • Moving, Hiding, Infiltrating and Spotting,
    Artillery and
  • Shooting and Concentrated Fire Actions,
  • Assault and Close Combat Actions,
  • Air Strikes, Bunker Assaults, Night Fighting, Foxholes, Tank Pits and much more...
Victory Decision emphasises Troop Quality and Leadership and includes a fast and detailed Vehicle combat system.

The rules cover individually based infantry miniatures and also group- or multibased miniatures, aka Infantry Stands. While designed with 20-28mm miniatures in mind the Victory Decision game system is flexible enough to handle any miniatures from 6mm to 32mm. So whatever your existing miniature collection consists of, you can start playing right away.

This rulebook not only provides Scenarios but also Point based Army Lists for late war British, German, Soviet and US forces. All necessary Game Markers are also included within this book.

As with our previous books you get a full colour version with many high quality pictures of fully painted models and a mostly B&W printer friendly version.

Some preview pages below:

You can find more pics and infos on my website:
http://www.adpublishing.de/html/victory_decision.html

Plus a free Quick Reference Sheet:
http://www.adpublishing.de/html/downloads1.html

The book is available via the Wargames Vault:
http://zkluroztcttctzorulkz.wargamevault.com/product_info.php?products_id=91776&filters=0_0_0&manufacturers_id=2468

I have much more planned for the the next months.
Armylists like the ones featured in the book will come out on an almost monthly basis. In addition books on Nation specific Vehicles and Guns are also under development.
Think of the Vehicle Compendiums but add all relevant Guns.

Alex was kind enough to give us the Childboard, and Helen already promised a review of my book...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:34:18 AM by Agis »
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: New WW II game: Victory Decision: World War II
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 01:30:24 PM »
good luck, Agis, looking forward to test your game!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 01:37:21 PM »
good luck, Agis, looking forward to test your game!
Thanks Prof! 8)

Offline infelix

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 02:11:56 PM »
Sounds quite interesting and I'm looking forward to reading a review of it.

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 04:01:37 PM »
Man, do you ever sleep?!  I can barley get the trash out on time let along get done what you have in the last couple years.

Looks good buddy,
Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline Rick

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »
Bought the game today (based mainly on the fact that it's from Agis!), and I've got almost all good and positive feedback about it - here goes;

It's clear where the inspiration from the game comes from and it almost reads like a 2nd edition, but with a lot more to the game, but still retaining a simple fun approach - like that concept very much.

Wasn't 100% enthralled by not having aircraft and anti-aircraft in the rules, but I can understand why the decision was made to simplify it into an abstract "airstrike/artillery strike" mechanism. Perhaps a future supplement for those of us that would like the aircraft rules in (I'm going to play it with 15mm individually based figures - so having an aircraft fly onto the table isn't too much bother).

The included army lists were very basic and simplistic - I can't wait to see a more detailed series of lists, perhaps this time having different transport vehicles; field trucks, sdkfz 250 or 251 for Grenadiers? Obviously their different units would have different vehicles, as many of them had different roles on the battlefield.

Unit activation - I had to guess from the rules that if a unit attempts activation, but the opponent gets a higher roll, you can attempt to activate that unit later (as it hasn't actually 'activated') - am I right in this? Wasn't specifically stated that you can return to a unit in the rules.

Overall, I really, really liked this book - Agis, you've done a bloomin' marvellous job (again, dammit - I'm so jealous), and I'll be buying the supplements as they come out ( I bought your vehicle books before as well, which were excellent - despite missing out the lend/lease M3A1 scout car (wheeled) from the Soviet book - they used thousands of them!). As a core skirmish rules set - this is one of the better ones I've seen, and if there are more comprehensive army/equipment lists released for it, it'll be amazing. Good rules, good price, good job all round, Agis!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 04:39:32 PM by Rick »

Offline Rick

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »
Oh, and might I suggest an abbreviated name for the game be Vide? Just using the first letters gives an unfortunate medical connotation!  :D

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 05:34:16 PM »
Bought the game today (based mainly on the fact that it's from Agis!),
Whoahh, thanks Rich!  :o 8) 8)
and I've got almost all good and positive feedback about it - here goes;
It's clear where the inspiration from the game comes from and it almost reads like a 2nd edition, but with a lot more to the game, but still retaining a simple fun approach - like that concept very much.
Wasn't 100% enthralled by not having aircraft and anti-aircraft in the rules, but I can understand why the decision was made to simplify it into an abstract "airstrike/artillery strike" mechanism. Perhaps a future supplement for those of us that would like the aircraft rules in (I'm going to play it with 15mm individually based figures - so having an aircraft fly onto the table isn't too much bother).
Well sooner or later – yes. I am getting more and more interested in to modern conflicts and Helis are then definitely a MUST.
The included army lists were very basic and simplistic - I can't wait to see a more detailed series of lists, perhaps this time having different transport vehicles; field trucks, sdkfz 250 or 251 for Grenadiers? Obviously their different units would have different vehicles, as many of them had different roles on the battlefield.
That was the idea. For one thing I did not wanted to clutter the book, the other idea is to give player the idea of what will come. I am aiming for an almost monthly release of army lists. Right now I am working on Panzergrenadiere, US Armoured Infantry, British Carrier Platoon and Soviet Motor Rifle platoon lists.
These lists will be very affordable, something like $1,99 each.
So you do not have to buy a whole book with plenty stuff that you are not using, you just buy the list you want. Each nation will also get a Gun and Vehicle Compendium.

Unit activation - I had to guess from the rules that if a unit attempts activation, but the opponent gets a higher roll, you can attempt to activate that unit later (as it hasn't actually 'activated') - am I right in this? Wasn't specifically stated that you can return to a unit in the rules.
You can. Quote from the rules P. 12 “Segment 1 and 2 are repeated until all units have been activated. No unit may ever be activated more than once per turn.”

Overall, I really, really liked this book - Agis, you've done a bloomin' marvellous job (again, dammit - I'm so jealous), and I'll be buying the supplements as they come out ( I bought your vehicle books before as well, which were excellent - despite missing out the lend/lease M3A1 scout car (wheeled) from the Soviet book - they used thousands of them!). As a core skirmish rules set - this is one of the better ones I've seen, and if there are more comprehensive army/equipment lists released for it, it'll be amazing. Good rules, good price, good job all round, Agis!

Thanks again! :) :)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 05:35:18 PM »
Oh, and might I suggest an abbreviated name for the game be Vide? Just using the first letters gives an unfortunate medical connotation!  :D
LOL, my creative consultant Reuben brought up the same issue...
 lol ViDe:WW II it is!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »
Man, do you ever sleep?!  I can barley get the trash out on time let along get done what you have in the last couple years.
Thanks Brian, and - sleeping is for the WEAK!
 8) :D ;)

Offline Rick

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 09:31:47 PM »
Believe me Agis - you earned every word of that praise, I'm looking through the rulebook, picking out ideas and getting quite interested in the possibilities.

Oh, it occurs to me that ViDe also has a second meaning in Latin, which is also appropriate, lol!

It also occurred to me that when you do the Grenadier list, you might want to leave out the 250/1 option, as far as I'm aware these were only issued to Aufklarungs units for the troops (btw, what IS the difference between Spahtruppen and Aufklarungstruppen?). The reason I mentioned it is that I've started pulling a few ideas together that might work as a separate Recon list (told you I was keen on the rules!) - when I've got something I'll send it to you, you might find something useful in it.

Nice to know you're thinking of moderns as well, that'll be well worth looking at too!

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 10:44:27 PM »
My congratulations to Agis on a fine set of rules. Review very shortly.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 01:14:12 PM »
My wallet was out the moment I saw the release  :)

I have enjoyed World at War and your Vehicle books a great deal

Downloaded and ready to transfer to my tablet for reading
No dear, they are not toys, they are models

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »
Off to buy it now mate ... been a long time coming. Liked WaW and know what you had to miss out ... might save me having to do a platoon version of Flying Lead now :)

Rich J
Rich J

Offline abelp01

• Librarian
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 04:08:31 PM »
Agis, Best of Luck with this venture! I'll be getting them soon.