Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:31:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Primeval Abyssian - WIP eldritch/extra-dimensional wargame  (Read 57438 times)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Re: Primeval Abyssian - WIP eldritch/extra-dimensional wargame
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2013, 06:46:48 AM »
Looks like the artist know here as TheBlueShoggoth has had a bit of change of heart over the summer holidays. Possibly because there's been a veritable flood of Lovecraft/Cthulhu KickStarters and other projects lately.
http://outsidetheuniverseitself.blogspot.fi/2013/07/primeval-abyssian-direction-change-for.html

I also just noticed he's British. This probably means that if this project ever does get to a stage where something is actually for sale I'm going "need" to buy lots more stuff for it than I previously expected o_o

Offline TheBlueShoggoth

• Librarian
    • Outside The Universe Iteself
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2013, 11:43:24 PM »
Yeah, that's exactly it. Glad I got that across, I was a little worried i might sound provocative or insulting but didn't know how to word it any other way. Yeah, theres been a flood of it and I've noticed many people getting kind of sick of it. I still lovecraftian stuff,  but I'm not really liking a lot of the newer stuff coming out, personally. I've also been rereading a LOT of my old hard sci-fi books and getting inspired again. I guess the Cascadians are a good example of the style I'm aiming for now as I am the happiest with them out of all of the things I've done so far.
Primevel Abyssian - A WIP wargame about alien races in an artificial universe :
http://outsidetheuniverseitself.blogspot.com/
inspired by Olaf Stapledon and Robert L Forward ect

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2013, 06:38:32 AM »
Too much Cthulhu is better than no Cthulhu... 8)

But it's true that not everything bizarre involving nonhumanoid xenos from alien dimensions should automatically be labeled Lovecraftean. Most likely it'll sell better tho if it is... It's hard to think there was a time when Stuart Gordon was told to switch the Innsmouth fish hybrids for vampires so he'd get funding for his Shadow over Innsmouth movie project (that finally ended up done on shoestring budget as Dagon as we are, I'm sure, all aware).

Offline TheBlueShoggoth

• Librarian
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2013, 12:47:40 PM »
Psylorthion Conflux :

The Psylorthion Conflux are a species of artificially created beings made from a strong resiliant metamaterial that is able to withstand extreme temperature and weathering, making them hardly and strong - the downside to this however is that the metamaterial has a fast decay rate so the bodies need to be replaced somewhat frequently. The Psylorthions live on Anchorworlds, two oblate ellipsoids, the smaller being a singularity resting upon the larger. The Psylorthion minds can only exist within the confines of the singularities - permanently tying them to their homeworlds. The Psylorthion metamaterial bodies however are able to go anywhere and are created en-masse on the anchorworlds by advanced nano-swarms.

The Psylorthion Conflux was born by the Adrifell long ago - who opened thousands of Singularities across the Etherverse and sent encrypted datastreams into each one. Eventually the Datastreams would gain sentience within the singularities and create a network of artificial minds with each Singularity becoming it's own cosmic computer terminal. The Adrifell would then link the singularities together to form an expansive universe scaled computer network and intelligence system that could monitor the Etherverse and repair any potential anomolies.

With the fall of the Adrifell and their subsequent disapearance from the Etherverse - they were never able to witness the fruits of their work and as such the Psylorthion Conflux has developed it's own control system to make up for the lack of Adrifell guidance. These entities named the Terminus caste are the highest evolved minds within the Singularity of an Anchorworld and offer guidance and orders to the rest. Within Psylorthion society, it is rumoured that the Terminus are actually the first pieces of data to evolve and gain sentience within the singularity.

Heres a crappy MSpaint sketch I did so I could get the basic Sillohette down, ill have to figure out how to sculpt all those curves :

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2013, 12:53:07 PM »
Maybe you could enlist someone to cut a template for one from MDF 8)

Offline TheBlueShoggoth

• Librarian
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2013, 07:29:34 PM »
That would probably be too expensive for me :) I'll find a way anyhow - i had the same thought before I sculpted the Cascadian master. I might try cutting the pieces from a thick plasticard then sanding it down to produce a sword-like sharp edge as that is what I want them to look like overall.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2013, 07:27:34 AM »
Still not much physical progress on this one, but lots of new "fluff" stuff on TheBlueShoggoth's blog all the same:
http://outsidetheuniverseitself.blogspot.com/

Among others, you can find the current logo of the game that better reflects the new "outre scifi" approach:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:29:06 AM by tnjrp »

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2014, 06:29:07 AM »
There's been a veritable flurry (in the context) of concepts and "related stuff" on the PA blog lately but now it looks something is happening even on the miniatures front:
http://outsidetheuniverseitself.blogspot.fi/2014/02/wip-calixyren-sculpts.html

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2014, 07:03:18 AM »
Looking good. This is one of those things that will happen when it happens I guess. I find the whole concept very interesting and hope there are some miniatures (or at least a book) I can buy at some point so I can join in the weirdness.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2014, 07:17:04 AM »
Some stuff going on again, e.g.
http://outsidetheuniverseitself.blogspot.com/2014/05/cascadian-metal-masters-being-made.html

More at the blog: http://outsidetheuniverseitself.blogspot.com/

It would be good tho if the author found the time to drop by hereabouts once in a great while o_o

Offline TheBlueShoggoth

• Librarian
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2014, 02:16:25 PM »
Ah sorry, I am not very good at keeping up with forums as I am rather socially inept. Heres an exclusive though, WIP Calixyren  Jetbike ;

And a weapon option for the infantry :

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2014, 02:39:43 PM »
Obviously not meaning to pressure you into doing something you don't feel like doing, but a couple of news posts now and then hardly would go amiss even if you don't otherwise care to participate... 8)

Anyway, nice prototypes there!

You don't happen to have any estimate as to how long it might take to get the Cascadians finalized and send back for production?

Offline TheBlueShoggoth

• Librarian
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2014, 05:25:37 PM »
I honestly have no idea! I've been waiting for those Cascadians for a year now - Ed seem's to be doing them more as a favour for me as a friend, and he's been so busy with his alien Assimilation kickstarter and stuff. I am really itching to get working on their range though. I guess if he is casting the metal masters it shouldnt be too long before he mails them off though - then ill get cracking on those models! The Plan is to still wait till I ahve 4 full factions ready though, but the Cascadian masters should be coming with Master of Unlife ones too,..

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2014, 06:50:26 PM »
Maybe you should go with just those two factions to start with... Maybe get in some funds to fund the next pair :)

Offline TheBlueShoggoth

• Librarian
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2014, 08:34:18 PM »
I think 4 factions feels "right" to start with, as you get a little variety and a better picture of the backround, if that makes sense. It does seem to have worked quite well for Dropzone Commander too, allthough I dont think I am anywhere near as talented as that guy.