Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:26:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686595
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Polish army preparing for battle  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Polish army preparing for battle
« on: May 27, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »
Finished painting my second infantry platoon, my Polish army is now starting to really look like a proper army. One more infantry platoon to go (and maybe a couple of smalla additions like a second HMG platoon, a Tachanka platoon and a couple ot R-35 tanks).

I'm going to play a large scale Early War battle tomorrow, a 2vs2 team game.

My friend David has painted a contingent of French infantry to support the righteous cause, and another friend from the club will bring the Polish armored train. The allies will face Germans and a Czech tank company. Battle report and video will follow.

In the meantime I took army pictures of what I have painted so far, and I also found a great video on youtube that chronicles the major events of the September campaign (with English text).

See more pictures and video on my blog:

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.com/2011/05/polish-army-preparing-for-battle.html

Offline meadowsboy

• Assistant
Re: Polish army preparing for battle
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »
Look great!

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 11:17:54 AM »

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 10:52:09 PM »

Really nice looking army, great work 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:40 AM »
It sure is looking great Anatoli, must have been fun. Its also nice to see that you have active clubs in old Lund, well it have allways had that, but still! :)
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 10:42:12 AM »
My main opponent is my buddy Widgren Living in Malmö, he has lots of nice 15mm terrain and such in his apartment building. He recently also had a friend moving into the same building , and that guy is said to have lots of 15mm terrain as well. So hopefully there will be some outskirts of Warsaw battles going on in the near future between my Poles and Widgrens Germans. We also have a bunch of older FoW players in the Lund area but their work schedule makes gaming pretty infrequent.

If one wants to play wargames in Lund there is always Studiefrämjandet which is holding miniwargaming and roleplaying evening, Kulturkommissariatet usually runs at least 2 game days a month and then there is DMF (which I kind of dislike but that is a long story). Other than that most players in the area have terrain to allow for gaming in their homes so it's not that bad  :)

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 11:35:50 AM »
Good old DMF, with out doubt the largest gaming club in sweden, and hence have its fair share of less desirable social elements. I have some old friend in it though, and I know a few of the guys that started it very well. Alas, they are like me now, old and disilluioned I suppose ;-)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 11:47:21 AM »
Treating people like shit because "that's our style", pretty much only playing WH40k and ignoring you when you try to show them something else are just a few reasons as why I don't like the DMF crowd and it's why I have not had any contact with those people in a few years now. We once tried to show them SoTR down there, and one person was very friendly and showed us which terrain to use etc. But as soon as the 40k people turned up they were just 100% focused on playing with their halfpainted miniatures and refused to even glance over to our table  lol

The people I've bumped into down there were in their 20-30's so I doubt I ran into any of your friends Galland. I have absolutely no problem with older gamers, I enjoy playing and chatting with the older guys in our gaming group Peter (from Malmö) and Mikael (Lund) as they share the same gaming mentality as I have and are great guys on top of that  :)

edit: Which reminds me that I talked to Peter who came down during the SoTR tournament and got a pair of Polish 15mm motorcycles and talked about buying his old railway as he was buying a new one, so that I can start gaming with my armored train.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:49:38 AM by Anatoli »