Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:40:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691295
  • Total Topics: 118383
  • Online Today: 606
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Chaos Wolf

• Scientist
Hello there!
« on: June 08, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »
I've been lurking here for about a month or so, after various internet searches kept directing me here. I figured that I may as well step into the light and introduce myself. I retired from  the US Navy last September, live in New England in the U.S. and I've been collecting an unhealthy amount of lead and plastic since I was around 10 or so, and I tend to get distracted and start lots of different projects, sometimes even on the same day!
My main interests are in fantasy and sci-fi, so you'll see my work in the appropriate sections of the forum, although I have seen some very nice projects in other areas that are tempting me...

I'll be showing some of my work shortly, hopefully my meagre efforts will meet with your approval.

Offline Harwood Hobbies

• Scientist
    • Harwood Hobbies
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 10:22:01 PM »
You won't regret taking the plunge and joining the forum!  I'm looking forward to seeing picture of your work.   :)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 12:47:32 AM »

Welcome to LAF 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Cadet13

• Scientist
  • "Now I have a machinegun. HO HO HO."
    • http://chucksnapwargames.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 12:52:49 AM »
Glad to have you! Welcome to the forum!

Offline Chaos Wolf

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 01:03:04 PM »
Thank you for the welcome. What is the accepted practice for posting pictures; all of it in one thread that gets updated with new pictures, or a new thread for each new set of pictures?

Thanks.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:20:30 PM »
I'm not sure there IS a set policy, but, I'm bad about reading every letter of an FAQ...  lol

Mostly, a thread is a project, say a large vehicle or set of troops, though there are plenty of 'armies'. You can start a thread as a work in project, the WIP you see so often, and update until finished. Makes sense?

Welcome! I remember starting off, posting on every subject imaginable until someone suggested I might slow down. Oh, wait, nobody's had that talk with me, and I'm still going on and on and on and...

It's about time somebody had that talk with me!

:D

Doug

Offline Chuckaroobob

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 07:18:01 PM »
Hi and welcome aboard!
They call me "Point Cow"