Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victory Decision FAQ - 08/09 Ambush Rule Update!!!  (Read 23164 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Victory Decision FAQ - 08/09 Ambush Rule Update!!!
« on: June 03, 2011, 02:39:15 PM »
The first couple of question trickle in. Please ask rule question here on the forum under this threat. If enough are assembled I will create a dedicated FAQ and make it available as a Download.

Q: Activation - the system seems to assume that there are equal number of units on each side, what happens if the sides not balanced? or have I missed something?

A: Victory Decision handles this easily. In fact it is one of the balancing factors between low Leadership armies and elite forces.
Quote from Page 12 of the rulebook: “If all units from one player are activated and the opposing player still has units to activate, it is obviously not necessary to roll for Initiative in this turn. The remaining units are just activated in any order the controlling player wishes.”

Q: Which infantry actions take more than 1 Action?

A: All infantry and vehicle action take only 1 action.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:07:48 PM by Agis »
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline pilgrimnorm

• Schoolboy
Re: Victory Decision FAQ
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 09:45:50 PM »

Q:  I have a group of infantry riding in a half-track.  I win the activation, move the halftrack, now I want to disembark the infantry.  The rules states that they can move one movement immediately following the halftracks activation.  Does that mean they go immediately as in they do not need to roll to activate? is this movement considered their activation?, and if so is this the only action they can take?

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 06:27:37 AM »
Can you be more specific, I can't find the sentence that says "they can move one movement immediately following the halftracks activation".  :? ???
The example on the top of page 37 should answer the rest of your questions. 8)
If anything is unclear please says so.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 05:11:45 PM »
Hi,
Some errors/ typos slipped in:
I have just updated the pdf files at the Wargames Vault  and generated amail to all customers.
Changes 2011-06-06:
Page 16 – Water added as an example for Difficult Terrain.
Page 26 – Scoped reworded: “A Sniper with a scoped Rifle can inflect more damage by very careful aiming. If an action is used – doing nothing else - before the model with the scoped weapon shoots, any or all Damage Dice of the next Shoot Action benefit from a +1 modifier.”
Page 79, Command Squad – Indirect Feature removed from Heavy and Light Air/Artillery Strike.
Page 84, ATR Team – Ability changed from „Weapon Team,“ to „ Weapon Team”.
Page 84, Sniper Team – Ability „ Marksmen” added.

Sorry about the inconvenience!
Cheers
Agis

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »
Q: Area terrain: if a model is more than 2" inside an area like a wood cannot shoot, cannot  be seen,  and cannot be assaulted?

A: This boils down to LoS and Terrain Features. Please read P. 17 on LoS. To perform a shoot action a model must be in range of a unit to which it has a Line of Sight. If the whole enemy unit is more than 2” within a Terrain Feature LoS is Blocked. However the unit is still visible as long as it is not Hidden! LoS is only necessary for Shoot actions!
Assault actions. Page 13; Quote: “A unit performing an Assault Action must choose a visible (not hidden) enemy unit as the target of their assault.”
Hide your units!

Q: the leader of a platoon moves his max  but don't reach the area zone, can i arrange the soldiers inside the wood?

A: Presuming you are asking about a unit - Yes. See Page 16 first paragraph. But remember to arrange the unit within Coherency of the Leader! If the Leadership distance is big enough to reach a terrain feature you can place his unit there. The unit will however not have any real benefit from it. Read also Page 18 first paragraph! No cover if the unit leader is outside the terrain feature. Maybe you are getting some minis out of LoS. Quote: “LoS is checked from model to model, while range is checked from unit leader to unit leader.”

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:18:30 PM by Agis »

Offline alep

• Student
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 08:03:49 AM »
i placed the question in the wrong topic.... :(
Assault actions. Page 13; Quote: “A unit performing an Assault Action must choose a visible (not hidden) enemy unit as the target of their assault.”
we thought that a unit behind a cover which blocks LOS is not visible, but as you say the target of the assault could be any unit that is not Hidden.

the question about moving in area terrain came up founding that assault range can be very long, but as you said, the answer is: Hide your units!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 09:12:07 AM »
ithe question about moving in area terrain came up founding that assault range can be very long, but as you said, the answer is: Hide your units!
True the maximum assault range is 3x4" + Ld Distance.  :o 8)
Remember to premeasure and to hide!
It is also a big equalizer against enemy tanks. An enemy tank without infantry support can be very easily destroyed with a dedicated tank assault!

Offline alep

• Student
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 12:01:04 PM »
Q1.: if you split a unit in two fire team, can you later reform the unit?
Q2.: " a unit is automatically spotted if an enemy units moves within its combat range", the enemy must still use one of its three action to spot, with an auto success or is enough the move in combat range?

these came from our second test match, we did some shot so i hope to do some report soon.
a curiosity: other infantry troop type will have different stats or will all be the same? some of our players would like to see more difference in save, close combat and other statistics and not only in the weapons

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 05:27:49 PM »
Q1.: if you split a unit in two fire team, can you later reform the unit?
A: It is not possible to reform the unit.
Q2.: " a unit is automatically spotted if an enemy units moves within its combat range", the enemy must still use one of its three action to spot, with an auto success or is enough the move in combat range?
A: Just as the rules say, you automatically spot the hidden unit, no action necessary.
...other infantry troop type will have different stats or will all be the same? some of our players would like to see more difference in save, close combat and other statistics and not only in the weapons
All Infantry in WW II will stay at Move: 4", HP 1, CR 1, CC/Ass 1D6. Crit: 6+, Hit 4+, Save 6+
They are all humans after all...  It's the Ability that makes the difference!

Future supplements like weird war etc will be different...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:35:27 PM by Agis »

Offline Beuteldrache

• Schoolboy
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 09:43:10 PM »
Save 6+
They are all humans after all...  It's the Ability that makes the difference!

Well, maybe I can sneak some Soviet Assault Engineers in Body Armour past the Author, that could be a Save of 5+ (Agis would probably went for a reroll of the 6+  lol....)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 06:19:33 AM »
Well, maybe I can sneak some Soviet Assault Engineers in Body Armour past the Author, that could be a Save of 5+ (Agis would probably went for a reroll of the 6+  lol....)
Yes there were some attempts for decent body armour, but IMO not justifying a better save, but as Beuteldrache said, maybe something for a very specialized army list...
 8)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:19:54 AM by Agis »

Offline bastionz

• Lurker
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 03:40:52 AM »
Q: simple question, seems like i cant find flame thrower for infantry weapon option, future release?

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 06:21:15 AM »
Q: simple question, seems like i cant find flame thrower for infantry weapon option, future release?
A: Flamethrower will be included in dedicated Pioneer / Engineer army lists.

Offline capocuoco

• Schoolboy
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 10:34:18 AM »
the rules states that no unit can enter the CR of an enemy unit, on pg 18 that a unit spots automatically hidden enemies that are in CR. So if i have a team that wants to assault an hidden enemy team can i move in CR, spot automatically and then assault or (if i cannot enter in their CR) must i take a spot action to assault them ?
it's written that a unit can enter CR only to assault so it seems that it is impossible to assault a hidden unit if you dont spot it first and seems impossible to spot automatically because you cannot ener the CR  :)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 05:42:10 PM »
Q: The rules state that no unit can enter the CR of an enemy unit, on pg 18 that a unit spots automatically hidden enemies that are in CR. So if i have a team that wants to assault a hidden enemy team can i move in CR, spot automatically and then assault or (if i cannot enter in their CR) must i take a spot action to assault them?

A: Good catch!  :o
It is impossible to assault a hidden enemy unit simply by moving into it. If you want to assault a hidden enemy team you have to spot it (1 Action) than take another action to perform the assault.
Or you perform a move action into the hidden units CR and automatically spot it. After that you have to perform a Close Combat action to attack the enemy within CR.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:53:51 AM by Agis »