Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:01:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Victory Decision FAQ - 08/09 Ambush Rule Update!!!  (Read 23165 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Victory Decision FAQ - 08/09 Ambush Rule Update!!!
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2012, 02:13:23 PM »
One more thing, since the Cavalry and Motorcycle Abilities are now in the rulebook I changed the Cavalry entries in the Chinese and Romanian books. The QRS is also updated.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2012, 01:44:45 PM »

Question 1 - I had some Germans that wanted to lay their mortar against the riders in a half-track.  As I understood it, they would normally just attack the vehicle and if it was destroyed the crew would then roll for damage.  They wanted to directly attack the crew in the open compartment.  Are there rules to handle this type of alternate targeting?  I handled it by letting the mortar shoot over open sights and assumed the crew had hard cover for the purposes of hitting them and had no cover for the purpose of damage with an adverse save modifier to account for the round exploding in the fighting compartment if it actually hit.  I also ignored the damage to the half-track since to also damage the half-track was a bit of double jeopardy.
Please re-check “11.8 Transport/X” of the Victory Decision rulebook.  The above case is ruled and explained with an example under “Shooting from Open Transport Vehicles”.

Question 2 - I had an infantry squad split between a jeep and a white scout car.  A tank clobbered the jeep. killed 3 riders, and there was one survivor.  Is the overall squad suppressed or just the survivor.  They want the lad to crawl in the half-track.  So what would be the effect on the rest of the unit in terms of suppression - does the unit get 4 suppression markers (one for the attack and 3 for the casualties)?  Help?
Presuming the squad has not been using the Fire Team Ability the unit gets 4 suppression markers. Suppression markers are always allocated to units – see Chapter 4 of the Victory Decision rulebook.

Question 4 - Some Heer pioneers attacked a Sherman II with improved AT explosives.  Does everyman in contact with the Sherman place explosives or just once for the unit?
See 7.20 Tank Hunter. The maximum number is limited by HP and Suppression Markers.

Question 5 - Blast/X.  Assuming someone attacks an AFV with a Blast/X weapon such as Sherman 75mm gun, do you ignore the Blast effect since the gun is fire AT instead of HE.  Likewise, if you were shooting at HE at tank-riders, would you treat the riders as a HE target and ignore the Blast for the AFV they were riding? 
There are no specific AT/ HE rules in ViDe. All weapons with the Blast feature select a target point as described under 8.1 Blast. Then establish the number of Damage Dice as described.

Question 6 - Do Co-axial and Concentrate fire stack, i.e. re-roll twice if using both to improve accuracy.
No – see 1.3 Re-Rolls

Offline lostpict

• Assistant
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2012, 03:40:19 AM »
Agis,

Thanks a bunch!  Looks like I did everything right except for letting them try to drop a mortar round in the track since they had not exposed themselves shooting.

One last clarification.  So, when a tank fires at another tank with a Blast/1" weapon.  I gather you do the attack on the tank per the rules AND if there were some riders in the blast radius you would roll an attack die for each one in the template and their owner would distribute the casualties as he wished, but could not distribute the attack against the targeted vehicle to a rider instead? 

Thanks.

Jimmy

PS - looking forward to the Zombies....

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2012, 07:29:27 AM »
One last clarification.  So, when a tank fires at another tank with a Blast/1" weapon.  I gather you do the attack on the tank per the rules AND if there were some riders in the blast radius you would roll an attack die for each one in the template and their owner would distribute the casualties as he wished, but could not distribute the attack against the targeted vehicle to a rider instead? 

Exactly, you roll a damge die against the tank AND one DD against every infantryman riding on the tank that is affected by the Blast.
Casualty removal as usual by the mini owner - it does not ahve to be the poor guys under the template.

Zombies - I hope you will all have fun with the rules!  ::) ;)