Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690840
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: T&T for FIW?  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Wargaminginmaine

• Schoolboy
T&T for FIW?
« on: June 07, 2011, 12:38:43 PM »
I've been reading through T&T and am wondering if anyone has used it for FIW.  If so, have you made any modifications to reflect the earlier period weapons and units?

Thank you.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Re: T&T for FIW?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 01:07:27 PM »
Hi!

We played a game in the age of musket recently. First Anglo Afghan War. I know that is not what you ask for but we did some modifications that might interest you.

All muskets needed a special reload action. So you could not run and next round the musket was ready again.

We tested a difference in range for line infantry and light infantry.

We kept line infantry in formation ( 6 miniatures ) and let them fire volleys only as a whole group or fire by line...so you can fire 3 shots each round.

We used rules for light infantry. They could move faster ( the nimble trait from the colonial book ). I would suggest the nimble trait also for Indians.

We were also play testing other rules but I can not tell you yet...sorry  !

Cheers
Björn

, ,

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 01:17:20 PM »
All muskets needed a special reload action. So you could not run and next round the musket was ready again.

Funny you should mention that. My players have nagged me a bit about this, saying there should be a reload action instead of just an absence of shooting. I was planning to bring that in for our next game. Of course Hawkeye and Chingachgook run and load at the same time in the movies, but I don't think everybody should be allowed to do it.  :)
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Wargaminginmaine

• Schoolboy
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 01:32:44 PM »
Those modifications are definitely of interest.  Our club invitational game for Huzzah! (small historical wargaming convention in Maine, USA) next year might be Northwest Frontier so this is good news!  I bought the Colonial supplement as well but have not yet run our first game test.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I'll include the nimble trait and the reload for muskets as a starting point.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »
yep...Hawkeye and Chingachgook are allowed to do so  ;)

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 05:26:52 PM »
@Wargaminginmaine
You can play a Special Action for the reload action instead of creating a new deck of card.
However...there might be a new deck of card available soon.
Enjoy the game and if you have any questions please ask.
Cheers
Björn