Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:35:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 538
Total: 540

Recent

Author Topic: 20mm Wierd War -Pic Heavy  (Read 6205 times)

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
20mm Wierd War -Pic Heavy
« on: June 28, 2011, 01:26:20 AM »
I used to game heavily in 20mm and was just gearing up with WWW2 stuff when I drifted back to 28mm.
Below are some pics of some stuff I posted on the Guild site  a few years ago and thought you might enjoy.
Amalric
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:33:53 AM by Amalric »

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
Re: 20mm Wierd War
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 01:27:06 AM »
Well Gents, heres some WIP shots of my new Tank Destroyer.
Strangely enough it was inspired by some of the ranting against nonHistorical WW2 kit over on TMP. :P

It started life as a HaT 1/72 M10. I whacked off the barrel, made a new 2 piece one out of copper tubing, added a dish cut off the tip of an old Star Wars Xwing toy {hows that for irony], a sewing Pin pins on the dish, floral wire for wiring, the breach is a Hasagawa 88mm AA gun breach plus a lot of misc GW nurnies cut up and shoved in there. A gunner and TC will be added after painting.

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 01:28:23 AM »
Not to be outdone by the Yanks, Professor Arthur James Wiggins IV, installed in a spare Cromwell his new [reverse engineered martian] Atomic Powered Heat Ray MK III.

Here shown next to a stock Cromwell at Wiggins' secret laboratory.

Cromwells by HaT, very nice for the most part.
Gun with 2 piece copper barrel, bitz insulator w/sewing pin tip.
Atomic generator is an piece of an old IG walker, with a barely visible quick removal hoist point.
Both will get lots of mud splatter and stowage, and if I feel brave I might try to attempt some hessian on the stock one.

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 01:29:38 AM »
Finally released by the archives of an un-named inteligence service are these pics of the atomic powered SU-85 shown here at the top secret tank facility at Tunguska.The SU-85A were a resoponse to the larger German Cats and were to give the Allies so much grief in the First Martian War. A SU-85A commanded by CENSORED was credited with the first confirmed destruction of a German Haunebu III flying disc :grin:

Bodies are HaT SU-85's, a very nice kit. I guess they fixed the track problem everyone complained about on their T34s because this kit was damn easy to assemble. Guns are 2 piece copper barrels, with floral wire and ball point pen caps used at the collectors with sewing pin tips. Stowage and atomic engine all came out of the bitz box. I put the 2 tanks on the back because it seems that all the Sov stuff has external tanks so what the heck, so does their atomic SU! I made a pair because as all good Eastern front gamers know, the Soviets had a lot of everything ;) including Pulp!

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 01:30:42 AM »
Some more WI shots of some more of Doktor Umlat's projects, a pair of atomic armed Stug Gs. He was able to move the gun back in order to increase the stug's manueverablity and more important to be able to continue tinkering with the gun's mechanisms without having to take the stug apart. Hmm, I wonder what will happen when a bazooka hits those atomic batteries in the rear? :scratch:

Bodies by HaT, lovely & simple kits with no major probs. My only complaint is no MG or shield for the loader.

Gun parts made from GW bits. Tracks by Britannia I think and the stowage/bucket by SHQ.

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 01:32:13 AM »
This pair came about when I picked up the 222 cheap on Ebay. I then stuck it on the shelf with some parts I had scrounged for a walker. As I looked at the walker parts, they just didnt look very German to me. Then the the lightbulb went off, use the 222 turret which looks very German too me. But being the stingy tightwad I am, I didnt want to lose the 222 kit entirely, not even to use as a wreck. What to do? Share the turret and paint so it matches both. :yahoo:

Turret on the 222. This is a great 222 kit, I really liked how the wheels were done. Unfortunately the barrels were resin & I am very hard on such things, so swapped them out for metal. The 20mm barrel looks a tad heavy too me, but at least it wont break.  ;)

SdKfz 273 Aufklarungswalkenpanzer
Heres the turret on the walker. The body is the old GW IG walker body turned back for front and with a 5/8" hole drilled into it for the turret's bottom to sit in. I've added a drivers armored vision slit and angled the bow with greeenstuff. It still needs some stowage added I think. Plastic legs are from the current GW walker.
PS I got the parts cheap.  :P

What am I going to do with it? I don't know but it will be fun.

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 01:33:23 AM »
Aufklärungs-Stelzenpanzer
The evil mad genius Doktor Umlaut and his beutiful, but stern, assistant, Fraulien Blücher, are seen here during the preparations for the Stelzenpanzer's field trials on the Ostfront Proving Grounds in the spring of 1944.

"The Stelzenpanzer proved to be a successful answer to the German's need for a lightly armored scout. The design which mixed existing technology with new wondertech, was years ahead of it's time and was essential in the rebuffing of the Martian incursion of '48." Introduction, pg2, Osprey Publishing New Vanuard 114, German Armoured Reconnaissance Legged Vehicles.

PS Thanks Michi for helping with the name

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
Re: 20mm Wierd War -Pic Heavy
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 01:34:36 AM »
b]Taken from recently transcribed WW2 Soviet military after action report purchased on Ebay.[/b]

It was the morning after the fascists tried to break out of the Whobityurkokov Pocket when we destroyed the chicken walker. The whole village was blown to hell the day before and the LT had us man the baracade across the road all night, when dawn came so did the German's. At first I couldn't believe my eyes. It walked so smoothly and quietly that morning. It came down the road and I just froze. Good thing Pyotr was alert. He yelled for the scout's manning the ATR to open fire and that little bastard nailed that thing right in the face and BOOM up it went.

Thats when the car sped off around the explosion and made to go around us. Then Forma opened up with the MG, but the bullets glanced right off the car. A German truck stopped for the walker's crew that had survived. The truck then sped past us. Forma but a whole magazine into the truck but it didnt stop.

Then we heard firing behind us. It turns out an officer from the scouts had come up in an American armored car and shot down both fleeing german vehicles.

Did you see any survivors from the German car?

No, it had crashed and burned. No one could have survived.

But you didnt see any bodies?

In the car? No.

The game was played solo using the Nuts rules. I played the Germans and didnt know when, where or what the Sovs had.
My objectives were;
1-get Doktor Umlaut and his beutiful, but stern, assistant, Fraulien Blücher, across the board and exit on the road &
They are in the armored Mercedes roadster
2-to get the Aufklärungs-Stelzenpanzer off the board as above
I used the stats for the PZ-II Lynx for the walker
3-get the Opel Blitz and its PG off as above

Wouldn't you know it, 1st round I roll up an infantry sqd with an ATR at the barraced  :banghead:

1st shot of the game, ATR destroys the walker  :banghead: and kills the gunner, TC and driver bail

Great Shot Ivan!

Now as my luck is so good I roll up a White Scout car full of Sov scouts and the LT on the 50cal :banghead:

This shows the MG gauntlet both the Mercedes and the Opel Blitz brave. The MG is in the house.

Sweet Victory for the Soviets that is.  :banghead:

A fun but short game of Nuts, first time all the Germans died and all the Soviets lived.

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 01:38:24 AM »
Since I took the above pics, I have mostly painted the XM-10 and worked up a pair of E10's I think.
I really should finish that stuff and play with it.
To many projects and not enough time. ;)
Thanks for looking.
Amalric

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 01:48:22 AM »
Oh, and if you want to see the fuss folks over on TMP made when I posted the Aufklärungs-Stelzenpanzer on the WW2 board;

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=138675&page=1

TMP didn't have a weird war board at that time. lol

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 07:56:03 AM »
Looks great! As 20mm is God's choice for WWII gaming, it's nice to see weird war stuff there too. Very nice looking tanks and especially the walker.
Duncan

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 10:54:41 AM »
Some pretty cool conversions, especially the mecha which looks damn good with paint on!