Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:28:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690930
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Atacar es Vencer! [Advance on Madrid]  (Read 4280 times)

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Atacar es Vencer! [Advance on Madrid]
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 07:25:06 AM »
The Militia defending the house on the hill

and the effect on the Legion at the barricades once the Militia open up with the LMG/Maxim; the Sniper then kills the only survivor [NB, barricades offer -2 Cover not -1. Militia always get one less cover save than normal as they have the Poor Use of Cover rule)

Over on the Legion's right hand side the Milita are doing a similar job despite close attention of the Nationalist HMG

[Quite frankly i'd be checking Nick's dice at this point if it wasn't for the fact he was using mine]  lol
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:21:11 AM by H.M.Stanley »
"Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 07:47:49 AM »
Nice report :) Looking forward to more ;)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 08:16:14 AM »
Thanks BW

Again on La Legion's right; the HMG put a couple of casualties on the Militia facing them who start to waver and are Pinned. [NB. A 2nd Pin on Militia forces them to Disband and are removed from the table unlike under the general rules where a 2nd Pin makes you Withdraw and a 3rd Route]

However they Rally, & Pin in turn the advancing Legion 3rd Escuadra (or what's left of them). In effect securing that building and the points on that side of the board as there are still too many Militia for the HMG to shoot off. They had earlier killed the Sniper who did so well to take out the AC and the 6 man Guarda unit.

But now for the final assault on the House on the Hill ...

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 09:45:57 AM »

The Sniper breaks for cover. Is he going for help in the final turn or, perhaps, thinking about claiming the building the Legion are about to vacate IF they assault the Hill. Seeing this the Teniente, reluctantly, breaks away to shoot the sniper down.

The Legion even with the Tenient's leadership of 10 still need a 3 or less to assault the Militia in hardcover as they're outnumbered. Its possible that the HQ could still be involved in the assault under the A mi La Legion rule but we weren't sure so left them. They could have done with the two extra attacks though. Oh the Legion role a 3 to assault [chuckle]

We did this assault twice! We were rolling on straight 6s or less for both Legion and Militia. We realised after the first assault that La Legion get +1 to their combat roles when they charge [NB. all units get +1 when they charge i've just read, so do Legion get +2 on the charge??]

No matter - the final result.

Conclusion ...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:02:35 AM by H.M.Stanley »

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 10:05:05 AM »
I think you already know mr jinx, you just don't know it's him....

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 06:56:56 PM »
Great battle report.
Figures and buildings are very well done.
I have always planned to game this period, but have never got around to it.
Thanks fo sharing.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 07:19:01 PM »
My pleasure ...

This was a club night game not a demo but on the whole i'm pleased with the look of the game. It helped that Nick brought his GM buildings

Conclusion ...

Against all odd the Militia held the Villiage - they had control of 2 buildings at the end of the game, La Legion only 1.

So, Militia +4 Battle Points, Legion +2 BPs

Also the Militia get +1 Political Victory points for destroying a Vehicle, Legion get none [they would have had to have caused twice as many Republican casualties]

Nick opts to save his Battle Points (extra dice) for later in the Campaign and rolls his basic 5 dice for the Campaign Events Chart for Scenario 2 but must use his Political Victory points which means he needs 6 or less on a 5 x D10. He get 3 of them and opts for 3 x Barricades

I use my 2 x BPs so roll 7 x D10 but need 5s or less as i had no PV pts. I get 5 of them so go for an Additional Legion Escuadra (NCO with 5 Riflemen). Missed out by 1 on a 65mm Infantry Gun which i think i may need. However, Nick may regret not using some of those BP dice as he missed out on an Asalto Peleton. We'll see ...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:51:45 AM by H.M.Stanley »