Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:00:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Caesar's Legion  (Read 8258 times)

Offline Reuben

• Assistant
Caesar's Legion
« on: July 06, 2011, 06:21:32 PM »
Good evening gents,
I was looking for some suggestions for figures to represent Caesar's Legion from Fallout: New Vegas.
Here are a few examples of what I'm looking for:

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Henry.

Offline el_ojo_y_la_sombra

• Student
Re: Caesar's Legion
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 06:41:17 PM »
Several companies sell plastic roman miniatures as multicomponent kits, you could check Warlord Games and Wargames Factory for some examples and use the roman minis as a base for Fallout models.

Offline consectari

• Librarian
  • Rat King
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 07:03:09 PM »
While not identical, the old plastic void junkers have very similar heads and upper bodies to those images.  If you could GS the missing parts, you could probably even use the junker legs.  

Edit:
Here are some images.  Shoulder pads are seperate pieces
http://urbanmammoth.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=4836
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:09:27 PM by consectari »
All my best ideas are someone elses

Offline Reuben

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:57:54 PM »
Several companies sell plastic roman miniatures as multicomponent kits, you could check Warlord Games and Wargames Factory for some examples and use the roman minis as a base for Fallout models.

That really is a great help, thank you!
I had already seen Warlord Games' Romans, having taken a good look at them they certainly look like a good basis for a conversion. Swords and throwing spears are a standard for legionaries in Fallout, so that's sorted. The seperate arms should make it easy to add a few firearms to the mix too!

Now I just need some heads and away I go!  :D

Offline Reuben

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 10:01:09 PM »
While not identical, the old plastic void junkers have very similar heads and upper bodies to those images.  If you could GS the missing parts, you could probably even use the junker legs.

Those are some nice figures!
Unfortunately my green stuff skills are non-existant...  lol
Thanks for the suggestion all the same!

Offline Reuben

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 11:50:49 PM »
Shameless self bump.
Does anyone know where I might find a source for Legion heads?

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 01:57:43 AM »
Hi Reuben,
I've been a lurker on here for a few months and was motivated to start a Fallout project after seeing the ones on this site.
I've had trouble with finding good figures for Caesar's Legion however. I got some Warlord Roman Veterans but they are noticeably smaller than other 28-30mm models, plus the heads don't look right. Instead of Caesar's Legion they merely look like Romans with guns.

Seeing as Caesar's Legion wear American football helmets and armour I think Bloodbowl type figures would work. Hence I ordered a number of these guys.

=1&actid=88cc6b22f37a2051d6f9a34a47adb66d]http://www.neomics.de/shop/fantasy-football-humans/add[14]=1&actid=88cc6b22f37a2051d6f9a34a47adb66d

I hope it helps, good luck with your project.
My Fallout Project leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=35048.0

Offline Reuben

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 04:20:57 PM »
Hi Reuben,
I've been a lurker on here for a few months and was motivated to start a Fallout project after seeing the ones on this site.
I've had trouble with finding good figures for Caesar's Legion however. I got some Warlord Roman Veterans but they are noticeably smaller than other 28-30mm models, plus the heads don't look right. Instead of Caesar's Legion they merely look like Romans with guns.

Hello emperorpenguin,
welcome to the forum and thank you for your help!
I'm glad to get a look at some converted Warlord Games figures before I attempt to do it myself.
They do indeed look like Romans with guns, but that's a great start! Trim off the leather strips on the front of the tunic, find a good colour scheme and they would start to look the part.
A fair number of legionaries in the game seem to go without helmets, so until I find some suitable helmets I'll leave my first unit bareheaded.
The Warlord Games figures are closer to what I'm looking for than the football players, I appreciate the suggestion though.

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate that your first post was a response to my query. Be sure to keep us posted on your Fallout project!  :)

Offline consectari

• Librarian
  • Rat King
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 03:36:34 AM »
You might consider hoplites instead of romans.  These from immortal could be made to look more like what you want just by trimming some details.  You could probably even reshape the helmets with a knife to look more like the Caeser's Legion guys.  
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KJkIeYTCJOrQIAJ_2jzbkF/SIG=12i8kr7df/EXP=1310899480/**http%3a//www.immortalminiatures.com/_wp_generated/wp809db5d2.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-475zv0IYRM4/TaYbe4B5sdI/AAAAAAAAAKw/SpYw_EupHM0/s1600/CIMG5535.JPG
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/pics/2010/apr/195670b.jpg
http://www.immortalminiatures.com/_wp_generated/wp29f0cb27.jpg
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:45:10 AM by consectari »

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 11:27:11 AM »
It may be a problem that both Warlord and Immortal Miniatures plastics are noticeably tiny compared to a lot of the metal "heroic" 28mm figures you could end up using in your Fallout projects.

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 09:05:27 PM »
Hello emperorpenguin,
welcome to the forum and thank you for your help!
I'm glad to get a look at some converted Warlord Games figures before I attempt to do it myself.
They do indeed look like Romans with guns, but that's a great start! Trim off the leather strips on the front of the tunic, find a good colour scheme and they would start to look the part.
A fair number of legionaries in the game seem to go without helmets, so until I find some suitable helmets I'll leave my first unit bareheaded.
The Warlord Games figures are closer to what I'm looking for than the football players, I appreciate the suggestion though.

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate that your first post was a response to my query. Be sure to keep us posted on your Fallout project!  :)

Cheers Reuben and in case you're interested to see how the Fantasy footballers turn out, here's my WIP of my Caesar's Legion

Offline Reuben

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 10:07:50 PM »
You might consider hoplites instead of romans.  These from immortal could be made to look more like what you want just by trimming some details.  You could probably even reshape the helmets with a knife to look more like the Caeser's Legion guys.  

Brilliant!  :o
I've placed an order for a box of them.
Thanks for pointing those out to me, I hadn't even considered them.
Can't wait to see how they turn out!

It may be a problem that both Warlord and Immortal Miniatures plastics are noticeably tiny compared to a lot of the metal "heroic" 28mm figures you could end up using in your Fallout projects.

When it comes to playing games I'm not too too pushed about the size difference.
But when it comes to conversions it might be a nuisnace...

Offline Reuben

• Assistant
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 10:38:08 PM »
Cheers Reuben and in case you're interested to see how the Fantasy footballers turn out, here's my WIP of my Caesar's Legion
Thanks for the update on your Legion, emperorpenguin.
They are shaping up into one mean looking unit!