Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:48:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Cyberpunk Stuff - MAU-20 Robot Tank finished (2012-05-09)  (Read 13006 times)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Reign of Fire
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »
Well then, watched "Reign of Fire" yesterday, and while it´s got more holes than a lump of Swiss cheese, and some of the cheesiest acting seen in a long time, the "Schauwerte" (visual assets) are simply sa-weet, and I got down to painting some stuff which was lying around...

First off, a Dragon Slayer, converted from a Street Violence figure I got from Zafarelli (and had already, so good use to convert the double), with Foundry single weapons (Machine Pistol and Chainsaw) and an unidentified head.

I´m currently painting a dragon to pit him against. So, apparently, we´ll go Shadowrun again, but I liked that one as well. Or postapocalypse. Your pick. The grey colour scheme is a bit dull, but now that I´m highlighting it, it actually looks quite nice. Urban Camo drake, so to speak.

I actually painted a number of SV figures which I showed off in the LPL, and I hope to get those pictures up over the next few days as well.

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
Cyberpunk Stuff
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 08:55:51 PM »
If you need more dragon, then the Mcfarlane toy dragons are simply beutiful:)

Like what you've done with the Street violence figures.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Cyberpunk Stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 09:39:19 PM »
More pics!

@Col. Stone: Looked up those, and while they look nicely done, I don´t actually like the style - "too McFarlaney". And I bet they´ll cost between 50 and 75 $ apiece here in Germany, and for that cash, I´d rather get some Reaper dragons. Not to mention I still had one lying (or is that flying!) around my crib.

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
Cyberpunk Stuff
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 09:48:05 PM »
ah everyone has their taste:)
I really liked this one
http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=2753
and managed to get one for about 20€  which is a fair price imho..

The reaper dragons look very nice too, i haven't got around to getting one yet tho:/

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
Cyberpunk Stuff
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 01:13:18 PM »
Hmm, where did U find Ed?

And how about those Dragons from the D&D collectable plastic figs game? Not too hard to get those....though as u said, U have one, so why bother :)

Johan
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Cyberpunk Stuff
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 01:39:42 PM »
Quote from: "wayswatcher"
Hmm, where did U find Ed?

It´s a Kotobukiya "Gashopon" collectible figure, there are four in the series (ED-209 like mine, destroyed ED-209 with a scale Robocop figure, Robocop Mk2 and a Robocop with flight pack); IMHO, none apart from the two EDs are really useful, and all are rather more 54mm than 28, but since the Foundry figs are a bit largish themselves, and "imposing" is a good trait for a Robotic killing machine, I won´t bother.

I got mine at a comic fair last October, here in Münster. Paid 15,- € for it, which is fair game, given that it is pre-shaded and painted to a high standard. I just added some more weathering and shading to some areas. And the base, of course. Finally, there´s some limited posability, with the legs moving at the hip joint, the torso turning on the hip, and the two arms swiveling to a limited degree.

And how about those Dragons from the D&D collectable plastic figs game? Not too hard to get those....though as u said, U have one, so why bother :)

Well, since I would have to re-paint them to like them, I´m not prepared to pay the prices they call. And basically, I don´t really like the style of most of those.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Cyberpunk Stuff
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 11:28:46 AM »
Oh, yeah, keep it coming!  :love:
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Cyberpunk Stuff
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 08:17:02 PM »
"Hey, aren´t you Hellboy?"
"Yeah!"
"Damn, you´re ugly!"

Well, not strictly speaking Cyberpunk, but since I´m going to use this figure with the rest of my SV collection, I thought I´d better post him here rather than open a new thread.

Having never read the comics, I nonetheless enjoyed the two Hellboy movies tremendously, the second even more than the first. So when I went to Antwerpen on Saturday, I took the liberty of getting me a Hasslefree "Harby". Built as our chum, the paraslappin´ red brick, I just added the horn stumps from plastic rod and a tail from some wire. I´m thinking about reworking the chest area. Since this is a "dual-purpose" figure, they sculpted him with a shirt on, which is not very Hellboyish, come to think of it. Now, I like how the turquoise works with the red of his skin, but I´d also consider re-painting the shirt with, say, a comic or heavy metal image, or use some putty to build the muscles. What do you think, folks?

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Cyberpunk Stuff - Reprise 7-May-2012: Cybertank WIP
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 06:28:21 PM »
Hi all,

so 3 1/2 years are a bit of a low, even for me, but here's a little update on the cyberpunk front. I had a stroke of inspiration earlier today and sat down this evening to cobble together another Cybertank thingie.

It obviously borrows a lot from the HAW-206 tank bot from Ghost in the Shell: SAC and its previous incarnations in the franchise. The base model is a Critical Mass Games Protolene Tamaska which I bought at Salute 2010 (and which sat unassembled in the Big Bag O'Resin(TM) in one of my stowage boxes; somehow, the image of the thing flipped around and pimped a bit just popped into my mind, and I think it worked out nicely. I used some plastic spheres and pearls for the various cupolas and the tail coupling. The sub-arms (which hold some multi-barrel gun assembly wotsits) are from a RAFM Rifts Coalition Jet Cycle kit.

The miniature is a 28mm LAM figure, shown for scale. I'll paint the thing a rather non-descript assortment of grey tones, so that I can use it with a variety of figures, possibly including the German Marines from LAM to give them some punch against the MWD Hind.

I'll add more pics as I paint it, hopefully over the next few days, and maybe I can finally get another game of Cyberpunk stuff rolling after all those years.

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:32:42 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Bloodsbane

• Scientist
  • AKA FKSN
    • I'm a drawer
Re: Cyberpunk Stuff - Reprise 7-May-2012: Cybertank WIP
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 09:45:33 PM »
That's a sweet cybertank!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Cyberpunk Stuff - MAU-20 Robot Tank finished (2012-05-09)
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 04:25:21 PM »
Hi all,

so I finished the robotic tank, now dubbed the MAU-20 (Mobile Assault Unit, Block 20). In lieu of "proper" Cyberpunk figures (must be in a box somewhere, and I'm a bit in a hurry), here's a pic with two Copplestone-sculpted Grenadier Future Warriors for size:

Some more angles:

And a composite of some details. I am really happy with how the overall paint scheme and the chipping in particular worked out, so I am going to use it for the Zandris IV battlesuits I bought last year and paint up a little Special Forces Armoured Spearhead.

I'll be happy to answer any questions, comments and critique welcome.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 04:32:45 PM »
Excellent work! Reminds me equally of the Tachikomas from GitS as well as the Robodog from the C.O.P.S. cartoon :)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 10:36:43 PM »
Now who can't love a think-tank? Great work and anything GitS based is well byond cool in my books.
Duncan