Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:46:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bushido  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
Bushido
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:14:23 AM »
So anyone else had a look at this game??

http://www.bushido-thegame.com/

QSR are free to download and I like the mix of normal Samurai looking miniatures with the fact they ahve gone for adding the mythical element with Oni and Bakemono.

Rules are pretty simple to play and also by the looks will expand as it's missing a few bits for now like terrain rules.  Some nice fluff as well coming out by the inhouse team.

Mini's are nice, just got the Savage wave starter set and only Zuba's mallet ahs some mould lines on the ends but 2 minutes with the file and thats all gone.

Become who you really are... [/i]

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Bushido
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 05:40:04 AM »
A friend of mine has. We will look at this set of rules for a game. I do like the miniatures too.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 03:22:07 PM »
Its a very cool game.

For those who read The Ancible (http://www.the-ancible.com) there is going to be a review in the next issue.  Magazine is free as well so always a bonus for us hard strapped mini fan's :D

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 04:42:44 AM »
I've been eyeing this game for a while now too.  The starter sets look very nice.  It's a bit of a shame that the rulebook doesn't include their fluff though.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Henrix

• Scientist
  • Fernwright
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 07:49:53 PM »
Bit of a thread necromancy there!  ;)

But Bushido is real nice. My favourite game these days.

There is no 'real' rulebook yet, just the small one you get in the starters and the living rulebook.

There will be a nice book out, with artwork and fluff, but they want to be sure they have the rules down pat first. They don't want an expensive nice book with errata and changes coming out the following months - something we've all seen too often.

The full rules are available up there, as well as all but the latest stat cards. (And the fluff as well.)
So do what I did; get some proxies and try it out.
--

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 03:37:58 PM »
That's the plan, although I'm not sure why the images for the cards are so massive.  They're something on the order of 2000x3000 pixels each!  But on the plus side that means they'll actually be legible when printed.

I've got all the materials, I just have to pick two of the starter boxes to proxy so I can print out the appropriate cards.

Apologies for the necro, but I thought it better than starting an identical thread.

Offline Henrix

• Scientist
  • Fernwright
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 06:24:21 PM »
Oh, I don't mind about the necromancy. I did get a little confused, seeing a 'new' thread about it by Lupus.

I didn't realise the cards were so big. I just downloaded them and printed them two to a page. (On the other hand the normal sized cards makes the text so small that it's hard for us with no longer perfect eyesight to read. It might be to compensate.  :?)

I went for the starters I found easiest to proxy. Which turned out to be all but the Cult of Yurei.

Looking at the starters:

The Prefecture of Ryu is probably the easiest to use as a newbie, in a way they are pretty straight forward: basic troopers (ashigaru), a sergeant to order them about, and a mean hard hitting samurai. Add to that they have armour which makes them more resilient than most.

The others are a bit trickier to master and can possibly get thoroughly smashed by the Prefecture. The Cult can be a Prefecture killer, though, if managed properly, as it hits where they are weakest.

So for easier beginner games I'd go for Temple of Ro-Kan vs. Savage Wave. Or either of these against the Cult would probably be fine too.

(This advice is all based on my impression of the starters in the hands of beginners. It's not true if you get other figures, nor in more experienced hands. Some things are just easier to get the hang of.)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 09:45:27 PM »
Excellent input on the starter boxes Henrix.  Thanks!

I'd really love to put together some Japanese styled terrain for this game.  I used to live there so I have tons of great photos for reference, but I have very little experience modeling anything other than basic rocks and hills.  Bamboo groves and Japanese castles / temples are a little beyond my skill set.

Offline tomogui

• Scientist
  • Treading softly.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 02:43:47 AM »
I have very little experience modeling anything other than basic rocks and hills.  Bamboo groves and Japanese castles / temples are a little beyond my skill set.

It's never too late to start! This thread on TBMF shows some cool simple handmade Japanese terrain. 

I've played a few demo games of Bushido - a couple of chaps down at the club are proselytising it at the moment - and enjoyed the gameplay greatly. The Savage Wave models are amazing, with the other factions having both some great and some rather average models IMO.

Interestingly, the Japanese players at our club (in Tokyo) seem less interested in the game than us foreigners.

Offline Henrix

• Scientist
  • Fernwright
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 07:37:38 AM »
Excellent input on the starter boxes Henrix.  Thanks!
You're welcome!

I'd really love to put together some Japanese styled terrain for this game.

*discrete cough*
A tu-torii-al
On trees and Gorintōs
 ;)