Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:17:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Supersystem Batrep: The Exchange Student  (Read 2383 times)

Offline SgtHulka

• Librarian
Supersystem Batrep: The Exchange Student
« on: July 19, 2011, 05:54:57 PM »
The Exchange Student

When the Wright family agreed to host Swedish foreign exchange student Nikki Pettersson, little did they know they were taking on dangerous cargo. Nikki's father was a leading scientist working for UNTIL, and the nefarious terrorist organization VIPER had been threatening him. So he disguised the alien artifact he'd been working on as a purse and gave it to his daughter. Viper found out and hired the supervillain group THE ENEMIES to steal the alien artifact and assassinate Nikki in the hope of sending a strong message to the stubborn scientist.

The Enemies and a Viper 5-Team attacked Nikki while she and her host family were on the way to the bank.

(Brick and the Viper 5-Team attack from the north)

(Howler and Icicle attack from the south)

Fortunately for Nikki, the Wrights weren't all they seemed either. They were really the NUCLEAR FAMILY, one of Steel City's mysterious super groups. Generally, the Nuclear Family liked to keep their powers on the down low, but when Nikki was attacked they felt it was their responsibility, as her host, to protect her. So they changed into their costumes and prepared to kick Enemy a$$.

(The Nuclear Family counter-clockwise from bottom to top: team matriarch Miss Behave, team patriarch Big Daddy, teen wonder Copy Kat, and Glock-Roach, Copy Kat's boyfriend. Boy wonder Smart Alek was not present since he was studying abroad in Sweden. In the center is Nikki Pettersson)

Turn 1: Thanks to Miss Behave's supernatural mental prowess, the first family of justice easily seized the initiative. Rather than protect herself, Miss Behave telepathically ordered her daughter to activate her super-powers instead. Copy Kat immediately made two duplicates of herself. Noticing that Miss Behave didn't yet have her defenses up, Icicle slid forward on an ice slide and smashed her with an Ice Ram. The blow took Miss Behave by surprise and KO'd her in a single blow. Furious, Big Daddy grew thirty feet tall, rushed forward, and grabbed a dumpster, preparing to make Icicle pay for her attack. Howler tried to fell the brute with a sonic blast, but Big Daddy shrugged off the attack.

Meanwhile, Copy Kat Beta charged the Viper 5-Team. But the evil agents' force field belts protected them from her blows. Copy Kat Delta was more successful, knocking a Viper agent out cold. Brick maneuvered to Ford Explorer, preparing to pick it up and throw it. Glock-Roach rushed forward and began unloading his signature guns in Brick's direction, chipping away at the giant's hard armor. The Viper 5-Team activated their blaster's power bayonets and tried to spear Copy Kat Beta. The psychic link she shared with all the other Copy Kats, however, gave her a preternatural awarness that allowed her to dodge each and every blow.

Turn 2: With Miss Behave out of the fight, The Enemies seized the initiative. Howler concentrated her sonic powers on defense, first forming a force field around herself and then levitating off the ground. Icicle tried to blast Big Daddy but failed to do an appreciable damage. Big Daddy slammed the dumpster over Icicle's head. Fortunately Icicle's ice armor absorbed most of the blow, but it still knocked her back several yards.

In the north Copy Kat created a third copy of herself, and Copy Kat Gamma charged forward to join the battle with the Viper 5-Team. But the Viper Agents' force field belts continued to protect them from the teen girls' attacks. Glock-Roach continued to chip away at Brick, who ignored the incoming bullets and picked up a Ford Explorer.

Turn 3: The Enemies suddenly realized time was running out. Howler levitated herself to the top of the office building and blasted Nikki into unconsciousness. Icicle climbed painfully to her feet and continued to battle Big Daddy. Big Daddy ran over and grabbed a jeep, sensing he might have to throw it at Howler.

In the north, the Copy Kats finally took out the Viper Agents. Brick charged Glock Roach, using the Ford Explorer as a super-club. The blow was mighty and almost knocked Glock-Roach cold. But roaches are hard to kill, and through sheer force of will Glock-Roach remained conscious. He climbed to his feet continued to fire at Brick while his body began to heal itself.

Turn 4: With the Viper Agents down Glock-Roach took command of the Nuclear Family and seized the initiative. He fired into Brick and healed again. The Copy Kats charged Brick from behind, but nobody could damage the mortar monstrosity. Suddenly fearing for Nikki's life, Copy Kat prime stood over her body, protecting her from a coup de grace. Icicle disengaged from Big Daddy and fired an ice ram at Copy Kat prime, but Copy Kat prime shrugged off the blow. Brick disengaged from his numerous opponents but his pondering gate didn't allow him to reach Copy Kat. With only Howler left to activate, and no way to coup de grace Nikki before time ran out, the Enemies fled. The Nuclear Family was victorious.

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Supersystem Batrep: The Exchange Student
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 07:30:12 AM »
Cool!  Where did you get that big-ass brown building?
This is my boomstick!

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 07:36:57 AM »
Where did you get that big-ass brown building?

Please......  :o
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline SgtHulka

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 03:04:52 PM »
Please......  :o

It's a very old injection plastic model from a company called Sci-Fi Supply. I'm not sure that the company is still active, but they *do* still have a website:

http://www.netwide.net/users/itchy/sfsupply/wild.htm

You can find the building under the Sci-Fi city link of that website. You might be able to contact them and order it? If I remember correctly they don't have a distributor but I don't think they're totally out of business. If you have success contacting them let me know because I love some of their other stuff, too, particularly their wild walls.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:07:57 PM »
Great looking game, Sarge! I have a number of old clicx I'd like to re-paint and use in some games. Makes me want to dig them out!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »
U.S. Distributors

The Armory
Berkeley Games (North & South)
Chessex (East, Midwest & Southwest U.S.)
Wargames West
Gameboard

Overseas Distributors

Jedko Games LTD. (Austrailia)

For More Information:
e-mail: SFsupply@aol.com
Fax 407.846.8416

(c) 1998 Sci-Fi Supply

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:43:10 PM by joroas »

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 07:19:08 PM »
Just checked those sites with negative results...
Pity
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 07:20:43 PM »
Well, the site is 13 years old and had no links to buy the stuff direct.............  :'(

Offline Simlasa

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 06:59:50 PM »
I'm surprised someone hasn't grabbed up that old Wild Walls stuff and made it available again, or some new version of it, I've seen a lot of people asking about it over the years... I'd love the alien walls for making Tyranid terrain and that tower looks great.