Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:31:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Pulp Lighthouse  (Read 4974 times)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: My Pulp Lighthouse
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 11:20:17 PM »
Colonel, I went to the swap meet this morning as I do most Saturdays and my big find was the Disney Pixar play set Luigis Casa Della Tires from the movie Cars which I got for $1.00.  Just for fun before writing you this note I check to see what Amazon was asking for this play set and believe it or not the first one that popped up was priced at $99.99.  Now that's for a new one and mine is missing the tire statue in front (which I was not going to use anyway).  But I'd say I got a heck of a good deal.  If you know these play sets from the movie Cars, they are great buildings that are wonderful with 28mm.  Mine is going to be an Italian eating place in my Gangster city.  I'll probably call it Luigis.  So as you can see, I had no need for the statue of tires.  Love the swap meet.

Offline MiniBattleScape

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
awesome idea !!! i really love the creativity in this project!!!!!!!!! :o it looks great !!!!! :D

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 01:07:32 AM »
Richard,
I hope that you will do build thread for your planned Luigi's eatery.  I'm sure that we would all be interested in the nuts and bolts of these very nice conversions.
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 07:59:20 PM »
Marianas, when I start working on Luigis I'll take some pictures and post them, but one of the real beauties of this particular set of toys is they are almost perfect the way they come.  Probably the biggest thing I'll have to do other than the painting is add normal doors; since the movie Cars is about cars  a lot of the buildings have drive-in entrances.  In the meantime, if you want to see one of the play sets from Cars that has been done beautifully, I recommend going to Atomic Cafe 57 on this Pulp site and looking at a posting entitled "Painted: Atomic Diner & The Reststop" by uti long simile.  The play set he did from cars is the Radiator Springs Curios Shop.  That is where I became aware that these toys existed.  His worked is wonderful.  It's on page two of Atomic Cafe 57 and was posted on January 9, 2010.  Richard

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »
Love the lighthouse! :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 09:52:32 PM »
Marianas, when I start working on Luigis I'll take some pictures and post them, but one of the real beauties of this particular set of toys is they are almost perfect the way they come.  Probably the biggest thing I'll have to do other than the painting is add normal doors; since the movie Cars is about cars  a lot of the buildings have drive-in entrances.  In the meantime, if you want to see one of the play sets from Cars that has been done beautifully, I recommend going to Atomic Cafe 57 on this Pulp site and looking at a posting entitled "Painted: Atomic Diner & The Reststop" by uti long simile.  The play set he did from cars is the Radiator Springs Curios Shop.  That is where I became aware that these toys existed.  His worked is wonderful.  It's on page two of Atomic Cafe 57 and was posted on January 9, 2010.  Richard

Awww bless ya - but it isn't a patch on your stuff!
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 10:34:10 PM »
Splendid! :-*

And I relly got some inspiration for a quick detour in the Pulp campaign when the adventurers depart from San Fransisco in pursuit of Leonardo Da Vinci's evil brain :)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 12:23:17 AM »
uti long smile, you do great work, and your kind words about what I have done have made my day!  Richard

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 12:27:19 AM »
Silversixx, I couldn't ask for a better comment than "Splendid!"  Thank you.  Richard

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 11:17:19 PM »
sweet lighthouse :D

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 05:35:27 AM »
Wolf Girl, Thank you.  I had a lot of fun doing the repair and conversion work on it.  Richard

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 09:09:27 AM »
Yep! Fantastic lighthouse, love it  :-*
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 10:23:17 AM »
Superb work! Love it.

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 10:39:06 AM »
I wanted to add spelndid as well, but ... it is also superb  :o

It is a little bit pitty, that You did not use a glassy light at the top. Maybe with a lightbulb like this within?

Anyway ... it really looks great ... a terrainian inviting for gaming!  :D

best wishes
Drachenklinge
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.