Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:33:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: World Works Games Terraclips  (Read 4613 times)

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
World Works Games Terraclips
« on: July 23, 2011, 01:11:05 AM »
And here they are!! I donīt play Malifaux but I like a lot the terrain that WWG have made to suport the game. Sometimes I would like to prepare a complex game table but I havenīt got all the time I would like to make scenery. I think is a good idea, you can play a lot of different games with this stuff but Iīll use it with Strange Aeons. I like the usual 3D terrain but this is a good solution. You donīt need to print anything, itīs a tangible product.

http://worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?view=catalog&cat_id=1&system_id=2[url]]]http://worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?view=catalog&cat_id=1&system_id=2[url]

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
Re: World Works Games Terraclips
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 01:22:45 AM »
Old news for us Malifaux types...  ;)

YouTube videos showing construction here:

Personally I don't like them, as you're putting fully realized 3-dimensional painted figures on essentially 2-dimensional terrain and I find that jarring. They do provide a quick way to put a lot of terrain on the table though and that can't be bad...

2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 01:33:25 AM »

Old news for us Malifaux types...  

Personally I don't like them, as you're putting fully realized 3-dimensional painted figures on essentially 2-dimensional terrain and I find that jarring. They do provide a quick way to put a lot of terrain on the table though and that can't be bad...

Old news but now they are ready!!  :) So great news.

Thatīs the point. I prefer to create my own stuff but these products are a fast way for playing on an aceptable terrain. I would need months to make a house or sewer net from scratch. There are a lot of people that hate the "hard side" of our hobby and they only want to play.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:35:23 AM by einarolafson »

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 01:58:24 AM »
IMO ideally every player group should actively seek to recruit one or two designated terrain geeks to take care of that stuff. I think everybody appreciates good terrain, It's just that many don't want to be bothered to make it themselves. Dunno if terrain geeks are common enough for that though. I usually get the sense they're not. For groups that are all players and no modelers, stuff like this is awesome: enough dimension to be immersive, but it's simple enough to give you a relatively huge bang for your buck (think of how much a dungeon that size would cost in prefab resin parts :o).
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:13:57 PM »
I like it alot!
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 12:19:06 AM »
For me the look of the game is everything (well almost).  Often I enjoy looking at games with well painted miniatures and awesome terrain sometimes more than I actually enjoy playing the games themselves!

I love the look of the World Work terrain but it's all or nothing.  I don't think the card buildings mix well with regular model buildings.

It would be great to fill a table with this stuff!!
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »
For me the look of the game is everything (well almost).  Often I enjoy looking at games with well painted miniatures and awesome terrain sometimes more than I actually enjoy playing the games themselves!

Ain't that the truth§ I used to go to salute and play but found it tied me down and I ended up missing all that loveliness

The prob is at hhome I feel that same and what everything "just so", which results in big funding problems!

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 08:56:24 PM »
Hi

Any idea what happened to the big manor houise they did, I can only see the west wing?