Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:43:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Saw Captian America, now how do we do the film in Miniatures?  (Read 3464 times)

Offline vaganardi

• Student
Opening up a discusion on how to do many of the eliments of CA in Miniature. Cap and the Red Skull are easy, lots of options. Does anyone have some ideas for the Howling commandos and Hydra? Also would like to find a figure for the female lead.

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
Re: Saw Captian America, now how do we do the film in Miniatures?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:07:11 AM »
Doesn't come out here till Thursday, but I made my Howling Commandos from Eureka's Pulpitations range and a spare Warlord plastic Commando with Sten.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 04:55:19 PM »
Some of the guys from Artizan's Thrilling Tales line would be perfect for the Howling Commandos.  Might be a Peggy Carter in there too.

http://www.artizandesigns.com/list.php?man=12&page=1

What The?! Miniatures have some nice one's too.  Including a Red Skull.

http://www.whattheminiatures.com/

Victory Force has some troops that could work as film versions of Hydra soldiers.

http://www.victoryforce.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=VFM&Category_Code=newwar

Offline basaint

• Scientist
  • Gamer, creator...In AZ
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 05:24:27 PM »
You could probably use some of the Heroclix minis for them...

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »
You could probably use some of the Heroclix minis for them...

Right. I believe that Wiz Kids is coming out with a complete line of movie-themed Captain America Heroclix figures, so it should be easy.
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 09:02:24 PM »
Actually, it was just Captain America themed set.  There were no "movie" versions of characters in it, just comic versions.  In fact the only two characters from the movie in the set were Captain America and Red Skull. There are Hydra soldiers, but they are traditional comic versions too.

By the way, Arnim Zola has been made in Clix before.  I can't remember the set though.  He looks nothing like the movie vesion though.  In the comics he has a face in his stomach and a robot head.

Offline Jakar Nilson

• Scientist
    • My DeviantArt portfolio
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 10:44:54 PM »
I expect they'll have Zola gen-engineer himself in the mean-time, just like in the comics.

I'm quite glad that it's a smashing movie (just saw it today). So much fun, so many winks to the audience (although they could have said the Howling Commandos' names during the movie- I know who Dum-Dum is, but do the 4 young ladies sitting a few rows forward know? ) and it was well put together.

Vehicle-wise, were the HYDRA APCs Kätzchens? Was the escape airplane a Focke-Wulf Triebflügel? I don't know what HYDRA's armoured car is called, but I'm nicknaming it "Octopussy". :P
Read "Alfie's Tenners", appearing in Aurora magazine!
Expand your GK forces with cardboard models, available on DriveThruRPG!http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=4773_4902
Your ad here, for a low price!

Offline frontal assault

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 08:03:13 PM »
I expect they'll have Zola gen-engineer himself in the mean-time, just like in the comics.

I'm quite glad that it's a smashing movie (just saw it today). So much fun, so many winks to the audience (although they could have said the Howling Commandos' names during the movie- I know who Dum-Dum is, but do the 4 young ladies sitting a few rows forward know? ) and it was well put together.

Vehicle-wise, were the HYDRA APCs Kätzchens? Was the escape airplane a Focke-Wulf Triebflügel? I don't know what HYDRA's armoured car is called, but I'm nicknaming it "Octopussy". :P

The plane was a Triebflugel and it looked class, as did the Me-334s the Valkyrie was carrying.  The massive tank could have done with more of a part and I was really sorry when the Red Skull died, but apart from that it was a great film and I may even go and see it again.

Offline Jakar Nilson

• Scientist
    • My DeviantArt portfolio
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 05:09:34 AM »
The plane was a Triebflugel and it looked class, as did the Me-334s the Valkyrie was carrying.  The massive tank could have done with more of a part and I was really sorry when the Red Skull died, but apart from that it was a great film and I may even go and see it again.

Well, it beats using the suspended animation gas that Baron Strucker gave him in the comics.

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 03:35:11 PM »
I was really sorry when the Red Skull died
... I am not too sure on this... 
Leaks are coming out that Der Red Skull will be back in the Avengers...

And that ubber tank could be done if you are playing 15mm and use a 1/35 scale tank.
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club