Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: In the Emperor's Name - back in the workshop.  (Read 8590 times)

Offline Backyardpatrol

• Scientist
  • Prophet of 1/35th scale gaming
Re: In the Emperor's Name - back in the workshop.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 04:24:56 AM »
That does look great, I never thought of using that head, he looks like Eisenhorn from the book covers!

Shweet!!

Offline Papa Spanky

• Scientist
    • Geek in the Basement
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 06:55:12 AM »
Wouldnt you know it, I just finished printing the rules last week.

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 12:07:43 PM »
Work continues on In the Emperor’s Name! 2nd Edition. We have now have possible new rules for vehicles such as Bikes and Dreads. The scope of these rules will never be appropriate for heavy vehicles, but a few light ones? Maybe.

The Core Rules now has an appendix for fighting aboard Hulks, a classic Battlespace. New retinues are being added to fill out our coverage of the Warhammer 40K universe.

Alongside this there is work going on on a Generic Sci-Fi version of In the Emperor’s Name! This is going slowly at the moment, but it is moving.

There have been calls for a Fantasy/Medieval version of the rules. Something that intrigues me – Mordheim anyone?

There are ongoing discussions on the various proposed changes on the Forge of War Yahoo Group and The Miniatures Page (Science Fiction\28mm Sci-Fi).  These are proving to be very useful to the development team.

Cheers,
Craig.
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 06:21:15 PM »
Craig & Co.:

We had a game this weekend and it was great!  I really enjoyed it.  Of course you can quibble about this or that bit of conversion work, but overall, superb!

One issue with the Kroot list, why does the Shaper have +2 FV vs. a standard warrior's +4?  Shapers are the best warriors in a Kroot list.  This is easily remedied by simply adding the +2 to make him even with the other Kroot, and it takes your sample list from 118 pts. to an even 120 pts. 

Anyway, we plan to do a lot more with this set in the coming weeks.  Thanks for your efforts!

P.S. I intend to start posting some of my warbands on my blog!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 08:36:34 PM »
One issue with the Kroot list, why does the Shaper have +2 FV vs. a standard warrior's +4?  Shapers are the best warriors in a Kroot list.  This is easily remedied by simply adding the +2 to make him even with the other Kroot, and it takes your sample list from 118 pts. to an even 120 pts. 
P.S. I intend to start posting some of my warbands on my blog!

Hi FCF,

Simply put it is a typo and should be the other way around. Shapers +4, Kroot +2.

I should look forward to your warbands :)

Cheers,
Craig.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 08:55:04 PM »
Thanks!  Also,the Hound's shooting and fighting got turned around, but that was more obvious! 

Would you like me to take a crack at working out some rules for Psychic Blanks, or do you have that covered already?

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 10:27:46 PM »
FCF,

I'm always happy for people to contribute their ideas.

I look forward to what you come up with.

Cheers,
Craig.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 09:43:39 AM »
The Core Rules now has an appendix for fighting aboard Hulks, a classic Battlespace. New retinues are being added to fill out our coverage of the Warhammer 40K universe.

Hopefully, this means the Eldar are arriving soon - I have some painted (and a lot of unpainted) good old Jes Goodwin Eldar, and my primary gaming buddy is - slowly - painting some Eldar, too.

After posting a link to the rules on my club's forum, one guy there has made retinues for Marines, Tau, and Inquisition - now we only need to find a date, and I need to make some of my Dark Angels into a fighting band  :D
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »
Craig, here's my first stab at Untouchables for ITEN:

Inquisitorial Agent:  Untouchables (Psychic Blanks)
Base Cost: 11 pts.
Notes:  The basic version of this ability costs +5 pts. (already factored into the model’s cost above).  Untouchables act as psychic nullifiers, completely immune to the effects of Psyker powers (both harmful and helpful), while also conferring this immunity to any model in base contact with them.  For +10 pts., the Untouchable’s nullifying aura extends to a 3” radius from its base.  The Untouchable may also re-roll any failed Grit checks from the Terrifying influence of Daemons.

The Untouchable’s psychic blankness makes him an uneasy ally.  Untouchables may never take part in Gang Ups in close combat.

The Untouchable agent possesses the following basic profile:

Grit 4+  FV +1   SV +1  Speed +0

He may be outfitted with equipment appropriate to the Inquisitorial list.  The cost of any equipment must be added to the model’s base cost.  

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

--Scott
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:45:26 PM by fourcolorfigs »

Offline Hrothgar

• Scientist
  • "We grow old because we stop playing" - GBS
    • Cheshirekat's Hobby Corner
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 04:57:29 PM »
Argonor-It looks like there will be three flavors of Eldar; Craftworld, Pirates, and Harequins. No Exodites or DE yet, though.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »
Argonor-It looks like there will be three flavors of Eldar; Craftworld, Pirates, and Harequins. No Exodites or DE yet, though.

Exodites are the same as the once so-called 'Eldar Knights', right? Mine (few painted ones) are painted up as Saim-Hann, so craftworld suits me fine  ;)

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 08:32:22 PM »
Craig, here's my first stab at Untouchables for ITEN:
Let me know what you think!

Scott that is quite brilliant. Simple, yet colourful and not overpoweful.

I'll write it into the Inquistorial retinue in the 2nd Edition. As is our way you'll be credited as a contributor. Please PM me your full name.

Cheers,
Craig.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 02:58:08 AM »
Thanks! PM sent!

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 02:32:41 PM »
Craig, I had PM'ed this along with my name, but I am not sure they went through, so here are some proposed rules for Servo Skulls in Inquisitorial warbands:

Servo Skulls
Base Cost: 9 pts.
Notes: Made from cyber-technology encased within the skull of a departed servant of the Emperor, a Servo Skull exists to serve its master, usually an Inquisitor or Interrogator.  Servo Skulls do not attack in close or ranged combat, but they can defend themselves in melee.

Servo Skulls possess the following profile:

Grit 5+  FV +0   SV +0  Speed +1  Armor 6+

Notes
Floater: The Servo Skull floats on an anti-grav field and thus ignores difficult terrain.  It may also move over gaps that would normally cause a model to fall. 

In addition, a player may select two of the following abilities for the Servo Skull, adding the costs to the model’s base cost.

Melee Combat Assist (+2 pts.): +1 FV to a Friendly model in base contact. 

Ranged Combat Assist (+2 pts.): +1 SV to a Friendly model in base contact. 

Stimm Injection (+2 pts.): +1 to Grit roll for a Friendly, knocked down model in base contact.

Analyze (+1 pt.): +1 to an objective rolls on Investigative missions for a Friendly model in base contact.

Let me know what you think!  Thanks!

Scott Pyle

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 02:45:33 PM »
Just got this downloaded, and "volunteered" a couple of colleagues at Osprey Towers into playing. Looking forward to having a bash at the rules, and have an Astartes list on the go.

One thing I noticed – and if it's been mentioned before, I apologize – is that the Marine Chaplain has the same base cost as the Captain, but comes with "Invoke Faith" in addition to the shared skills of "Terrifying" and "Leader". Add in the cheap bonus of a Chaplain-only Rosarius, and it makes the Captain a rather pointless option – for 1pt more, I have an area-affect Terror-negator, with a +1 to be hit.

I get that the aim is not to be munchkin-y about building the retinues, but this is the only real broken option I've found (admittedly, I've focused more on this list than the others!).
Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!