Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:14:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mecha Doom - 6mm Science Fiction Game  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
Mecha Doom - 6mm Science Fiction Game
« on: July 31, 2011, 11:43:27 PM »
Greetings everyone!

I've just put the final touches on a little game project of mine called Mecha Doom.

Mecha Doom is a game of apocalyptic warfare where each player controls a cohort of mechs, hellbent on fighting their enemies; either in a bid to gain objectives or to drive them off the field of battle. It is a mech game where the mech remains the focal point of warfare; great walking machines of destruction, standing as tall as a ten storey building – but with enough 'simplification' to allow the player to field vast hordes of mechs against each other.

It has now finally reached a point where it is a complete game, and where the only thing left to test is whether or not the armybuilding / 'points balance' will hold up or not. Thus this version is as is, and little beyond balancing the forces and any poor explanations are going to be changed in the future.

And thus I'm posting here to see if anyone would be interested in trying out the game; any and all input is more than appreciated and greatly welcomed!

To Download the rules, go here: DOWNLOAD

Cheers!
Torben

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
Re: Mecha Doom - 6mm Science Fiction Game
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:42:13 AM »
Sounds good and went to download! I will read through and give my thoughts. What miniatures do you have in mind to use with the game?

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 11:29:28 AM »
Sounds good, I will give it a read trough this evening. I do echo relic's question, what sort of mecha were you thinking of when designing this? Demi-god style gundams or "down to earth" starwars walkers?
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 12:18:43 PM »
Cheers!

The mecha for the game was more in the style of demi-god Gundam / Battletech-esque powerhouses rather than the more realistic mechs.

It was designed for the EM4 plastic robots found right here: http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Science_Fiction.html

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 02:05:59 PM »
Ooh, I have a few of those I was wondering what to do with, as they don't fit well with my other 6mm.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »
Well I've now got my Cohort painted up and we'll be having a agme on thursday - I'll have to remember to bring the camera.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 12:48:53 PM »
Well I did remember my camera, it's just taken me sooo long to get me act together.
The photos below show some of the highlights of the game, you'll have to excuse the unfinished minis, neither Torben (phoenikuz) or me have managed to get them down just yet.

My own battleline arrayed ready of combat

And part of Torben's battleline

The fighters are the first to make contact with the enemy and a furious dogfight ensures, most of Torben's regular fighters get shot down by my veterans.

Torben's Mecha enter the city

And take up positions amongst the buildings

My little Alpha class assault mecha enter the city and are soon assaulted

However Torben's dice are amongst him and my mecha take them down and regroup behind the buidings

Meanwhile the rest of my forces push into the outskirts of the city

And again take all available cover as Torben's forces take fire on them

Meanwhile the bulk of my forces enter the city largely unresisted and take the prize winning me the game

A great game that's largely intuitive and lots of fun. With a very interesting command mechanic that means your leaders are vital to be able to press an attack home and keep things coordinated.

Duncan
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:52:16 PM by dijit »